Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
Speaking in a purely selfish manner, I'd like to hear more about how much better your situation has gotten, Jayce. I'm glad you posted here.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
C
C
Hey Silly Bear,

I find myself reading a lot more these days.... that and posting uh... elsewhere. wink

Do you want to know something SOB. Many times I'm jealous of your sitch because, had I woken up when I was your age, my marriage might have had a better chance of turning around like yours has.... I waited way the hell too long to wake up, stupid me.

When I would start to post to you I'd think, "What can I do to help him? If I knew anything I wouldn't be here myself."

That being said - I think it's great how you and your W have improved you sitch so much. I do remember some of your early head-banging episodes. So cool how far you've come. laugh

Cinco

S
OP Offline
S
I think we all feel that way, but it's always easier to see what should be done than to do it. That's why it'll always be easier to advise someone else (and I mean giving good advice) than to fix your own situation.
I've used a lot of advice from people who were going through bad times in their marriages here, and I've given out advice at times when I wasn't doing too well, too.

T
T
In general, I'm dropping in about once every 7-10 days or so. Much less than before...not because the situation has gotten better (or worse).

Last sex: 04/06/1997
Last attempt: 11/11/1997
W Issues "No Means No" Declaration: 11/11/1997
W chooses to terminate sex 05/1998
I gained 60, then lost 85 pounds.
Start running again (marathons)
J
J
SOBear, I guess you'd have to read way back. DAnce Queen started 'Jayce's Thread' for me since I kinda was hijacking at first. I've also had conversations with Cinco, most recently on his Drive thread.
If you have the time, read back a ways. Besides H being kinda LD, he has that late middle age physical problem that comes from years of smoking, and generally not taking care of himself. I have to say there's been a positive turnaround in his usual mood. I can think of several reasons, but I wonder if its dawned on him that I'm in a better mood overall if we ML more often.
I'm probably not a good source of advice for a SSH. I don't get women who can take or leave sex, let alone not want it at all.
Jayce

me: 66
H:60
2 adult sons
2 grandsons
adult daughter deceased 5/05
me:Part time trainer
H: plant suprv.
G
G
When we ML, my wife gets in a worse mood. She doesn't like orgasms and gets panicky when she approaches one.

Y
Y
Originally Posted By: trying4years
I come here to read when I am discouraged. I leave with encouragement and hope.

+1. Even though I know and feel that my marriage is no longer sex starved, there are still ocasional issues, but she and I are human and so it helps to luke, read and be inspired, with an ocasional post where I feel emboldened to come out of the shadows.

I have been lurking more and posting less.

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
S
OP Offline
S
GonnaGoBlind, next time just make sure you finish first, then as she gets close to her own orgasm, stop whatever you're doing and jump up. For extra credit, shout "WHEW! That was CLOSE!"

(Disclaimer: Do not take my advice.)

S
OP Offline
S
Young at Heart, I don't mean to discourage anyone from lurking. Just got curious when the place seemed so dead.

J
J
Yet another reason why premarital sex is not a bad thing. I would think if it makes her panicky that'd be enough anxiety to stop it from happening.
J

me: 66
H:60
2 adult sons
2 grandsons
adult daughter deceased 5/05
me:Part time trainer
H: plant suprv.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard