Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
I tend to participate here in spurts, taking long breaks and then coming back when something reminds me of this place. I think I'm coming up on time for another break. Frankly, this forum seems dead.

I gather that the last time I was absent for awhile, there was some sort of rift and DancingQueen left over it. I looked around to see what happened and didn't find much. It's starting to seem like she took the air with her. Not that long ago, there seemed to be quite a few around. Now I check in and it looks like everything for the past week has been posted by me, Margali, or Tea.

Just wondering if others are lurking and reading, or if a very few of us are the only ones in this echo chamber.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
I lurk and read, and chime in when I think I can add something. Right now it is summer vacation and as H and I are both teachers and are at home all day together, that doesn't leave me much time to be on the forums. I can only get on when he is busy with other things.

smile

T: 23 M:20
S:17 D:14
Bomb 1: 07/05
Busted: 07
Bomb 2: 07/10
D papers: 11/11

True love doesn't come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly--Jason Jordan
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I'm glad you're here! I'm a teacher by trade myself. I just started with a new school in a new district after subbing there last spring, and exactly two weeks before students report, they hired the principal who recruited me to take over another building. It's a big opportunity for him, but it puts us in a lurch. I don't blame him for accepting it but I sure wish the district had made a decision in the spring!

On the other hand, he fought tooth and nail to get my position funded full-time, and if he'd already moved on to the other school by that time, who knows whether I'd even have a job?

D
D
Silly - I'm still reading, but haven't been posting.

Just wanted you to know, I always keep track of you and how you are doing with your updates. I have been secretly hoping and praying for your sitch ever since you came here, and you are truly a success story. :0)

After Baggy, Cinco and Lucky Girl left (and you were AWOL for a long time, too) it just wasn't that fun around here anymore. So my posts dropped to a minimum. Then when you came back around, I was very happy...however, yes there was an issue I had that ticked me off and I've been only reading ever since. I will continue to read only in this section, but I have posted occasionally in other sections to long time posters whose situations I've followed for a long time.

Please know that I will always read any update you have, and will be silently cheering you on!

DQ

S
OP Offline
S
Hey, it's good to read you! Sorry about how things worked out. I hope things are still going well in real life.

T
T
I come here to read when I am discouraged. I leave with encouragement and hope.

H
H
SillyOldBear --

A long time ago this was a very active board. I agree that it is kind of dead now. Many of the people who used to post here now post at slj.proboards.com. It has a public section and a much busier private section that you need permission from Bagheera to enter. Give it a look!

B
B
Greetings, SOB!

I do still lurk here occasionally, but no longer actively participate -- I felt it was time to 'pass the torch,' as it were. Also, the newly relocated Sharing Life's Journey support group keeps me quite busy these days.

DanceQueen!! Girl, it's good to hear from you again, and I hope that life is treating you well! Stop by to say hello sometime!

-- B.

Me 50, W 45, M for 26 yrs
S25, D23, S13, S10
20+ year SSM; recovery began Oct 2007
L
L
I read.

He: WAH
Me: LBW
Precious: DD

~ I'm grateful for every day I have to improve the way I relate.
J
J
I do, too, but as my sitch has improved to the point where I'm not anguished, desperate and hopeless as I was two years ago, I don't need to wail and commiserate with other SS spouses as much. For one thing, my H actually talks about our/his issues which is what we needed to do in the first place. Now & then I still get that "banging my head on a brick wall" feeling & will post as time permits. Summer's not good for sitting & typing. Tons of stuff going on. But, the help I got from others here and just having an anonymous place to vent has been invaluable. I thank everyone who has ever posted or responded to mine.

Very sincerly,
Jayce

me: 66
H:60
2 adult sons
2 grandsons
adult daughter deceased 5/05
me:Part time trainer
H: plant suprv.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard