Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks SG!

Yes, I am Ryan's legal guardian and committee (trustee). Chuck signed a release giving up his trusteeship a long time ago. He loves his son no doubt (and I would never prevent Ryan from seeing him unless he were neglectful in some way) and I think Ryan knows who he is.

But I also know Chuck. He likes to try to control things that are out of his control. His former best friend was here with his wife (my dear friend) last weekend and we had a blast with Josh here too. They both love Josh. He told me of Chuck - he really messed up his life. He had it all. To think he threw away every relationship he had - such a shame!

But Josh and I have been together for 6.5 years. It is nice that we are moving forward and creating a future for ourselves. I remember that when my marriage ended, even some of my closest friends suggested that I would never have another man as no one would want the burden of Ryan. (that did not help my already shattered self image). But I have never looked for a "daddy" for my kids - just a companion for me. It has been a non-issue for Josh. He loves my children and takes it all in stride. He is as concerned about finding the right home for Ryan and a nurse just as he is about finding "our" perfect place.

Saw a FANTABULOUS house today. Just what Josh would want (and I love it too), although I found a less expensive one a couple of weeks ago that we have seen twice and I ADORE it. Both will need some things done but they're both fairly new and large and on my lake. I guess we will see what happens. I am thrilled with my options - who'd have thunk??? LOL!

Barb

Wow Barb! Your plan sounds fantastic--I'm jealous cause I'm NOWHERE near retirement lol and I love to imagine how it must be for you. All I could say is just read the divorce agreement. I'd think that being Ryan's legal guardian, you would have control over where he lives, how he is cared for, etc. No you're not being overly dramatic. I had a lot of the same stuff happen to me.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Keyz!

It does sound so dramatic and unbelievable but I lived through it and even then had to scratch my head and think "is this REALLY happening?"

Did anyone watch Dateline on Fri night? I watch it most weeks. The husband had someone kill his estranged wife. This was what worried me the most. And several of my friends feared it too. And for that reason - I changed the locks right after he moved out. And I would do it again. He brought up this in our mediation. I can't believe that legally I should not have done that. I maintain that I would have done whatever it took to make me feel safe.

Had a fun night out. My godson is getting married. Josh, Ashley, her guy friend and I went to the Stag n Doe (a Canadian thing). Ash's friend only wanted to go because one of the 3 grand prizes was Buffalo Bills tickets. They drew the first grand prize - the other couple at our table won and they could pick their prize - they chose a weekend away to a 5 star resort (I wanted THAT prize). Then they drew the next grand prize - Josh won - he chose the cooler full of booze (apparently the most expensive prize of all - app $500!!!). Then the final prize - Ashley won (yes there were LOTS of people there but all 3 grand prize winners were from out table of 6) - she got the Bills tickets. The guy friend is her ex boyfriend whom she still adores. So she is treating him, her cousin and her brother to the game the day after Christmas and they're already planning the tailgate party. What fun we had. Oh Josh also won board games & a great boating jacket. I won bungee cords - LOL!

I love my life!

Barb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard