Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
A
OP Offline
A
Guess I need to watch it again! Totally forgot about that. Relieved that I don't have to call bs on you being the bad guy. Good wknd.

Cheers

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
P
P
I love W and am extremely happy for the 20 mostly good years together, but I have a lot to offer and there’s a lot yet to experience. I want to be happy. Now and for the rest of my time here. That can happen together, but if not, it MUST happen apart. I will not live this way. I WILL be happy. However that occurs.
I love this quote. I think this is exactly the attitude that we all need to take. We will work on it but if it is not to be we will be happy elsewhere. With or with out them. There are lot of fish in the sea so to speak, everyone here likes thier fish but sometime we must throw that fish back and fish again. We most likely will catch a much better one that will not lead us to this board or at least I hope that for everyone here.

D
D
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
Guess I need to watch it again! Totally forgot about that. Relieved that I don't have to call bs on you being the bad guy. Good wknd.

Cheers

They say his name early on in the film. I didn't pay attention to the name until about the 5th time watching it.

P
P
One thing that makes me cope better is thinking of what I've been missing in a relationship. I consider myself very affectionate, but with my W things have always been out of whack. Little things like touches, caresses, even when we ML it always seemed centered on my W instead of a mutual thing.

So now when I get mad or hurt, or sad, or bitter, I think of how great it will be to be in another relationship where my affection isn't squelched, where I can love someone mutually, where I'm happy. I haven't been happy in years, though I'm the LBS. I can't wait to start to enjoy the company of a woman who has something to give, not someone who just takes and takes.

Too bad for my daughters that they have her for a role model; hopefully I can counteract that influence by being the best dad, in a happy and healthy relationship.

pinhead #2044384 07/24/10 09:59 PM
D
D
Originally Posted By: pinhead
One thing that makes me cope better is thinking of what I've been missing in a relationship. I consider myself very affectionate, but with my W things have always been out of whack. Little things like touches, caresses, even when we ML it always seemed centered on my W instead of a mutual thing.

So now when I get mad or hurt, or sad, or bitter, I think of how great it will be to be in another relationship where my affection isn't squelched, where I can love someone mutually, where I'm happy. I haven't been happy in years, though I'm the LBS. I can't wait to start to enjoy the company of a woman who has something to give, not someone who just takes and takes.

Too bad for my daughters that they have her for a role model; hopefully I can counteract that influence by being the best dad, in a happy and healthy relationship.

Theres plenty of good women out there my mate. Plenty who will want you just as you are.

L
L
Goodman - how goes it?

He: WAH
Me: LBW
Precious: DD

~ I'm grateful for every day I have to improve the way I relate.
T
T
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
AM I TURNING INTO THE WAW? Somebody please tell me this is natural and will pass if there is some success. I know what I will do. The Kids' security and development will trump these feelings, but they do have me nervous.

I went through this turn and it can be quite intoxicating. Just keep in mind that every relationship is complicated and imperfect. You will likely find yourself swinging back and forth, one day missing the marriage and the next intoxicated by the future possibilities.

I would seek to find a balance in the two, where you are open to either outcome. The Buddhist's love to use the term 'Equanimity', which is defined as evenness of mind, especially under stress. This is the state where you are in the best position to make a wise decision about your (and your kids) future.

Last edited by techguy; 07/26/10 11:09 PM.

My thread, Carpe Diem #4
Orig Thread: Carpe Diem #1
techguy #2045972 07/27/10 08:29 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks TG. I'm trying to stay on an even keel on the inside and outside.

Have MC tonight. I have no idea what to talk about. Maybe I'll just listen.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
P
P
Never a bad idea, Goodman. grin

Puppy

L
L
I think listening can be very revealing. Most people have a need to fill silence - especially in tense/awkward situations.

So did you listen and did she fill the void?

He: WAH
Me: LBW
Precious: DD

~ I'm grateful for every day I have to improve the way I relate.
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard