Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Those of you who have read my thread know my XW is the textbook definition of loose cannon. You've often seen me write that she's like Freddy Kruger in ""Halloween". Just when you think she's dead, the hand comes out of the lake to grab you in the rowboat.

Been divorced over a month, and mine was one of those marriages that SHOULD NOT have been saved. She was never invested in making it right, and her personality is not reflective or introspective in any way.

D18 just graduated from HS. She got 6 tickets for the ceremony; me, S12, D20, XW, XW's fether. That left one ticket. The woman I heve been seeing (Gym Woman!) for the past two years managed to get a ticket from one of her friends who had extras. That meant that D18 could offer the left over ticket to XW so that XW's boss (Smarmyscumbagparamourlawyerboss)who she started seeing when I was in Iraq, and continues to see) could have tic 6. D18 forgot to tell XW she had the extra ticket. XW found out and flipped out on D18! D18 can never again drive the Jeep that XW's boss leased for her when I was in Iraq, and XW refused to drive D18 to graduation. Psycho? You decide.

Next ambush. I got a text from XW Monday night at 930PM asking me what my "plans were for S12 today because both of his sisters were working". S12 is with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays from the afternoon onward.

She had him call me this morning at 8:00 and ask me "what my plans were for him". I said I had not made plans as he was not with me until this afternoon. I told S12 to put her on the phone. She statred to quote chapter and verse of the parenting plan. Stuff that just doesn't exist I just hung up on her.

At 8:30, I got a text from XW that "He's on his way in" She just dropped him off at my work and promptly left! Today is a work day for me, and she is the custodial parent.

The next issue is when I leave for 2 weeks to do my Reserve duty. She gets 1/2 of my Army pension eventually. She wants me to pay for child care on the nights S12 is supposed to be with me on these days. Are you kidding? What a control freak.

I really need to make behavior like this stop. Do I have some recourse? I don't know where it says anything in the parenting plan about me having him during the days of the week! My lawyer things a contempt charge might smack her on the nose. What mother does this?

Last edited by FLTC; 07/02/10 10:39 AM.
M
M
(((FLTC)))It is such a shame your ex does this to the kids. Guess she didn't learn anything about supporting the children through the divorce in the mandatory parenting class! It's still all about her!!! Unfortunately it always will be I suspect. My ex never followed the parenting plan either, but it was because his job took him out of town on an irregular basis. That, and as a high school senior daughter didn't like staying with him at GF's house. I never once got any extra money for him not taking her (never asked, actually-although I certainly missed having any break from parental responsibility!)

Hopefully things will calm down eventually and your children will not be caught in the crossfire!

Happy 4th of July!!!

M
M
P.S. Hi FLTC. Now if you don't write on your old thread for a while I have learned to check to see if you started another new one. You don't need to hide from US! grin

S
S
Ex Wives Are Forever

Your ex is the worst of them all!

I
I
If she's dropping the kid off at work when he's supposed to be with her that's just not right. What if you were not at work or offsite etc? Maybe time to start documenting all this with the help of your L and ask for a bigger share of the custody.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
K
K
Maybe you could throw a bucket of water on her and see if she would melt! Hang in there.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
Wait a minute, Kerry. There needs to be a VOTE before we actually acclaim FLTC's ex as the worst. I agree - she is HORRIBLE!!!! But many of us could write a book about similar stuff with our exes too.

The only answer is to let her spin out of control and just step back and stay out of the mess. Anything that is harmful to the children or not in keeping with the agreement is to be dealt with by your lawyer and hers. When I finally learned this (took about 6 years), I stopped reacting to everything and refused to give into his demands and uncontrollably bad behaviour. Now I just pretend he is someone I once knew and take care of my own world and the needs of my children with no thought of him AT ALL!

Barb

S
S
The majority of all other ex's were just cruel to the LBS. FLTC's ex is not just cruel to him, but also to the kids. She is a witch.

I vote for FLTC's ex to be the worst I've read on these forums. She has replaced this guy as the ace of spades.

G
G
Hey FLTC..

I'd follow your lawyer's advice.

Your former spouse is inconsistent.. dumping the kids (and putting them in the middle) when it suits her and having no flexibility when you have a conflict of interest.

With your son's camp, perhaps you can find a counselor who'll stay with him for a fee til your daughter/former spouse can pick him up. Or going to a friend's house who's at camp those two days might work.

Document the conversations, the instances of her abuse toward you and the kids and hand it over to your lawyer.

Nothing you do or say will change her behavior. Give it to your lawyer.

If your former spouse wigs out anymore, I vote for getting her a toupee.

*hugs*

W
W
Vote for your favourite, FLTC's ex!
Call now, lines are open for two more hours
You can vote up to eight times
Don't let someone else decide who will be Godzilla of the ex's!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard