Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Steady - thanks for that - interesting huh?

I too happen to believe people give up too quickly and run from their M. I think if people stuck it out that many marriages could be saved.

LSG - always appreciate your kind words of support

My stbxH text me yesterday morning to ask a simple question where he could have the got the answer to without contacting me but anyway....I gave him a response and he FOR THE FIRST TIME in months actually text back "thank you." Again today he text me this morning asking about my younger son's phone (he jumped in the pool and forgot it was in his shorts) and asked if it died. I wondered why is he even asking me - talk to the kids...anyway I answered him and I expected him to be the typical jerk he's been but he responded "ok I'll take him this weekend to get a new one." I couldn't believe it...nice TWO days in a row? hmmm

I just don't know about him. I wonder if he misses home at all. It's really sad to think he doesn't but I guess it doesn't matter anymore huh? I find myself getting less sad. I mean I start to think about all he's done and then the pain dissipates.

I'm broken....financially and emotionally but I am grateful for a nice home to live in and to spend everyday with my kids. At night we hang out and talk and laugh about how we have no money. We are still a family and that is something my former husband no longer has. I don't know how he lives without it. I couldn't.

Well...I'm going to play some video games with my daughter.

I Luv you guys...nite

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
S
S
Hey luv, understand that "broken" feeling ... I've reached it this week too, not just financially but emotionally. As of yesterday, I don't even want to see H, I'm so upset with the choices he's made and the fact he's bringing the kids around OW. For now, it's me and the kids and we're living our lives, however thing turn out. Good for you for staying strong and positive.

Last edited by silentspring2; 06/30/10 04:28 AM.
A
A
Wow, silentspring2! This sounds so much like my sitch in reverse!

I had this wife whom I loved with all of my heart and all of my soul.

She wanted to live in a beautiful place, so we moved there. She wanted a beautiful home, so I gave her one.

And she got up one day and decided she had the life she wanted, and that being said, she didn’t give a crap about me as long as that didn’t change and she had what she wanted.

So she decided to sit on her hind end and not to produce income for the better part of a decade despite claiming to be a career woman who would always contribute. She played around on the Internet and convinced herself she had a real job while we had real bills to pay.

And she decided not to clean the house for the better part of a decade to the point we lived in squalor with our wonderful son.
And she decided not to support me for the better part of a decade. While I succeeded at work, despite it all, I felt like a failure because of how she treated me.

And she built relationships with nameless, faceless people online rather than with her husband who adored her. And she built no relationships with any real people around her.
She abandoned me and my son and all that went with the vows of marriage. Everything was shoved into my lap, financially and domestically.

I cried, I begged, I pleaded. “Please help me” as I was drowning financially and emotionally. I begged over and over and over again. I told her of my pain. I told her there were days I didn’t want to live anymore. I told her I was sick and needed her help.

She didn’t care.

I had never felt so used and ripped off in my life. And when the day came that I couldn’t stand it anymore and left, she never once said she was sorry for what she had done to me. Not a word of it. In fact, she ruined me with my friends and my peers and made a joke of me.

Never a word of love or compassion after months. I read all of these beautiful threads full of love and regret here from other people. This was all much easier, I suppose, than saying “I am sorry” and vowing to do better.

I deserved none of this. I deserve better in life, and I am well on my way to finding it!!! She can think whatever she wants to think. She can look elsewhere besides the mirror. She can strip me and stab me in front of my peers. She can find all the validation she wants online with her warped sense of reality. I know the truth, and I know in my heart that I loved her and I did all I could for her for nearly two decades.

I've just decided to GAL!!!!! I love my son, I love my life, and I am moving on with the people who truly care about me.

She recently said I was "living the love of a sad man." I was! Because I was fighting a lost cause. But not anymore.

I will always be there for my boy! My son gave me a hug and said to me this weekend: “I like when you’re happy, Daddy. You’re happy all the time.”

I am now!

S
S
Wow, could it be both of us are wrong in some ways about how we've understood our relationships? Maybe we both need to look in the mirror.

L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
ataloss - that's really sad but unfortunately a repeat story here. However, I am so glad you are finally taking a stand and moving on. It makes me sick to hear about the betrayal - I understand but the only way to combat it is to live the life you deserve and yes - be around those who care about YOU.

silentspring - I still have my sad moments on a daily basis but I'm getting better. I don't want to waste my time on someone who doesn't deserve me. I refuse to be sad - he doesn't care so why should I?

My former husband disgusts me for what he has done and how he's done it. I wish he could have considered my feelings just once. Then this wouldn't have ended so cold.

Luv

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
G
G
luv,
Originally Posted By: luvless
My former husband disgusts me for what he has done and how he's done it. I wish he could have considered my feelings just once. Then this wouldn't have ended so cold.Luv
Oh, I hear you. I'm there.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
hey guys...

I wanted to wish everyone a fun and peaceful 4th. It's one of my favorite holidays. I don't know why...I guess it's warm and there are always good friends and family around doing something fun.

I am taking the kids camping by a lake here in Cali. It's beautiful. We've been to this place several times. It's weird because I asked my daughter if she wanted to go camping last month and she said, "I don't wanna go we're not a family anymore and it's not the same." That broke my heart frown but things have changed.

I think although we still wish dad were here we've learned that it's ok to keep living without him. So...we are going camping for a couple days. It will be so nice. I think I will be brave and take the boat.

I hope to leave some good memories in the minds of my troubled teenangers.

Luv

Last edited by luvless; 07/03/10 12:20 AM.

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
K
K
Hi luv

Hope you have a great weekend with your kids.

HUGS.

Can't keep a good woman down
P
P
I am hoping to be you one day.

L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
had a great day guys..,sitting ny the fire right now - got a little sad there for a moment thinking about stbxh. I have never been camping without him. Oh welli hope all of u are enjoying your weekend.

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard