Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#2017534 06/09/10 04:27 AM
L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
They locked my "I feel like giving up pt. 2" so I'm starting a new thread. I'd like to stay here in newcomers for now. I have to figure out how to put the link up to my old thread to give new readers some backround.

My former husband stopped depositing his paycheck in mid April into our joint checking account and that was the last straw for me. I had to file for divorce to get support. He threatened to leave but never moved out or filed. I had to do it - it seems that's what he wanted - for me to file.

I am sad and disgusted. It's been an awful 7 months mourning the loss of my marriage. I'm trying to keep afloat financially and take care of the kids. I am left picking up all the pieces. I am dealing with my own broken heart along with theirs - makes me cry and makes me mad as hell.

We are in the beginning stages of divorce. I still can't believe this is happening but I've got to stay strong for me and these kids who are looking to me for strength. Thank you all who continue to stay around and support me through this.

Luv

Last edited by luvless; 06/09/10 04:30 AM.

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
M
M
I am sorry it's come this this. Hang in there.

Me: 45 WAW: 45 | M22 | T25 | No Kids
Nov 09 W Filed | Dec 09 Separation
Mar 17 2010 Divorce Papers Signed | Divorce Hearing Cancelled
Moved back home May 2010
PA Confirmed June 2010 | W left Dec 7 2010
S
S
Hi luvless

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you, I’m at a similar stage. I’m confident that I can get through this, as you will too, with dignity and respect for yourself. All you can do is be certain that you did the best you could, apologise and own what you didn’t and move forward, it’s a big exciting world out there waiting for you.

B
B
Feel what you're feeling... and act on your values.

snap & l8r

Hugs
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

G
G
Quote:
I still can't believe this is happening but I've got to stay strong for me and these kids who are looking to me for strength.

Yes!

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
I
I
I, too, am sorry to find your sitch is moving in the direction we all hope to avoid. You don't deserve this, but I have no doubt you will deal with it in a way that shows strength and courage.

Hugs and prayers.

Also, hug your kids for me, too. They need a little more attention during this and you can be proud that you are there for them when their dad is not.

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
A
A
I am sorry to hear that this is happening also. I am gong through a similar situation and I just keep telling myself that it is ok to let go and take care of myself and my daughter.

Something I also did (this morning actually) was write down all the things that I need in a marriage, when I did this and I realized that my husband was unable to provide me with any of them, it made me feel a little better that separating was the right thing to do.

The tough times can only make us stronger in the future.

I haven't filed papers yet, but will be doing so when I can get the money because like you my H is not helping me financially with my daughter and it is so hard and the only way to get him to help me is through divorce and a lawyer. I just need to find the money to do this. I had to take my daughter to the dentist and the bill was $1100, because we dont have insurance. When I asked my H for help, he just shook his head and said, 'it's her baby teeth they will fall out. I didnt want you to take her so I'm not helping'.

It sucks and it hurts!

I'll be praying for you! Hugs! I hope this helped, I'm not one to really be giving advice I have already messed so many things up, I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel. And my heart goes out to you

Me30
H38
D6
Married for 7 years
Relationship before marriage 3 years
Husband is sending me on the biggest rollercoaster in the world.
T
T
I am so sorry luv!!

We are here for you.. I am starting to feel the same way as well..

M: 32
H: 34
S:5
D: 3
D: 1
Together 11 years
Married 7
Bomb: PA/EA 8/13/09 (for 1 year on and off)
ILYBINILWY: 08/09

"The end of suffering happens with the end of wanting."
-Laura Munson
A
A
(((luv)))

I'm so sorry. You are doing the right thing for you and your kids.

It seems like this is so common here. They want the divorce, but the LBS is often forced in to filing. In my case, my wife filed in January, but since then has done almost nothing towards finishing the divorce itself, although it's very clear she wants one. I've been doing all the work for the divorce itself. She still hasn't signed the agreement.

Now that you are filing, be prepared for the roller coaster to continue. Seeing the actual divorce proposal was quite a blow to me, and I imagine it will be another one when I actually get a divorce decree. Continue to take great care of yourself and your kids. Hang in there.

M:42|W:40|D:17|S:13|Bomb:10/23/09
Awoken's Current Thread
H
H
luv,

I am new to your stitch but I just want to encourage you to stay strong. I too have gone through the paycheck being taken away and I think my H is just pushing buttons as well so that I will file, not fair when it is not what we want, but staying strong for the kids and doing what is right for you is more important.

Take care of yourself.

m-34
w-33
d-15
s-10
m-11 years
t-16 years
bomb - Feb 24/10
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard