Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 59 60
V
OP Offline
V
Previous thread: Wandering Poster 54 - Come and knock on our door!

As promised, a new thread! Maybe the last one, maybe not, who knows!

Went a bit more outside my comfort zone tonight... told the waitress at Friday's that I thought it would be fun to see her when she wasn't working. She said, "Maybe sometime, that would be great!" Which could be a polite way of saying "You're crazy!", or it could have meant exactly what she said. We shall see. In any case, I did it. For an introvert like me, that was a big deal. Especially an out of practice introvert!

S
S
You're an introvert? Me too! We need to start a club. But then we would not be that much of introverts anymore.

Now you just need to have the courage to be more specific of a time. What's the worst that could happen?

There is a checkout lady at at the grocery store that I need to start being more outgoing with. She thinks my daughter is cute.

Hey, I am going to lose my virginity on Saturday afternoon. Game of golf virginity that is. Match lady and I are meeting for the first time to play 18 holes.

V
OP Offline
V
Excellent, Kerry!

My plan, such as it was/is, was to test the water, and give her a chance to think it over. I'll be more specific next time, see if we can narrow sometime down a bit!

J
JCJ Offline
J
I was going to say specifics are good! smile

I hope you do keep a thread Jeff, if is always nice to pop by. How's Charlotte? Maple is behaving quite oddly, I think she senses somethings up...

(((Jeff)))

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
I
I
Quote:
We shall see. In any case, I did it. For an introvert like me, that was a big deal. Especially an out of practice introvert!

That's awesome! Speaking as someone that stumbles at this badly, and trying to learn to get past this, think I'll follow along with ya!

What's the worst that can happen, she says, thanks but I am involved, or thanks but I am not interested, etc. Why we tie our own self worth so much into that is annoying.. smile

Good luck man!

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
S
S
Originally Posted By: iwantittowork
What's the worst that can happen, she says, thanks but I am involved, or thanks but I am not interested, etc.

I just thought of the worst...she could poison his order. Just kidding Jeff.

V
OP Offline
V
Thanks a lot Kerry! I'm not too worried that she'd poison my order, she's working for tips!

iwitw... I had to talk myself into it, that's for sure! And all I had to drink was iced tea!

V
OP Offline
V
(((((Julia)))))

Charlotte is being Charlotte! She jumps on me and meows to tell me to put her. And she purrs. And she sleeps. She is a cat! smile

B
B
Jeff, nice job breaking out of your comfort zone! I am impressed! And if she was really uninterested she could have fabricated a boyfriend to use as an excuse to say no...

Looking forward to seeing you take the next step and zero in on a time/place... smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Jeff! I found your thread again!

Niiiiiiice job on the Friday's waitress! LoL I love Friday's btw... I see you are a fan, too! Let's come up w/another approach for you. (Does she wear all of those buttons on suspenders?) I agree w/BBJ. She could have said, "Oh, thanks, I'm flattered, but my boyfriend wouldn't like it much."

Kerry is an INTROVERT? <hard to believe!>

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard