Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1952597 03/05/10 09:39 PM
M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Went to family court yesterday over ex not paying his support payments.

He showed up with his bimbo and a new lawyer.

Claiming he is up-to-date on all his payments. BS.

Claiming his salary has been cut in half. BS

So now we have to have a hearing on May 6 about getting my support payments drastically reduced.

He is supposed to be covering my health insurance too but I found out after visting my doctor this week for ear infections, I was no longer covered under our insurance.

Ex claimed we switched back to the other health insurance but we did not get cards yet. He never told me any of this.

The pharmacist where I was getting my antibiotics from called up the insurance company he was claiming we had and they said I am not covered under them.

The only good thing that came out of court yesterday was the judge ordered my support payments come from support collections starting in April.

The rest of it I feel like she is siding with ex's bs.

Probably because he came with a lawyer, I didn't.

So now I will be retaining my lawyer again.

Ex is claiming he is so broke so how come he can afford a lawyer?

I was surprised he brought bimbo along with him. She couldn't even look in my direction. She knows what she has done.

She looked p!ssed too. P!ssed that I had to bring her wonderful boyfriend to court and not let him get away with murder.

But murder seems to be what he gets away with.

When the divorce was final I thought all the bs was done with. I thought I could finally close this chapter in my life and move on.

Now it feels like I am going through this all over again by being back in court hearings.

If ex gets his way, I may not be able to afford my new house anymore. The kids and I will be out on the street while he gets to live in the lap of luxury with the ow.

I will have to drop out of school and get a job to make up for the loss income.

I am having a hard time dealing with the stress. When I get stressed out my whole body hurts from my head to my toes. I have a migraine from all of this and I can't concentrate on my school work.

I feel like I am falling into a depression again.

Is this how my life is going to be from now on? What kind of life is this? I just can't deal with the bs anymore.

I just keep getting the rug pulled out from under me.

Thanks for listening.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
job Offline
I am so sorry to come here this evening and read your posting. The only good thing is that your payments will be coming to you for another source and not from him directly. I honestly do not know what is going on with the court systems in this country. Laughing is having issues w/her xh and he's been gone for years.

I will keep you and your children in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, how is your father doing?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
They will have to look at his financials again. I am glad you have a lawyer. My ex takes me back and forth to court trying to reduce child support. He lost last month because his tax returns showed he was actually making more money. They are so hideous during this time. Life is all about winning and you are the enemy he has to torture. Do you think your ex is actually making less money or is this a ploy?

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

M
M
I'm so sorry MissH, I find that I get stressed the most about finances these days. It's the uncertainty that we are faced with and knowing that it's only up to us to provide if the WH pulls the rug from under us.

And for a single mom it's very stressful almost overwhelming. If it was just me to worry about it would be easier, but when you have kids and you want to maintain some kind of standard of living for them it's beyond stressful.

My WH is in business with me but he is neglecting his work since he started with the OW and I really worry that our business won't survive. When I get like that, I go into a anxiety/panic attack. It's the worse feeling. I've been better lately, I just tell my self "one day at the time" "I will cross that bridge when I get to it". "I can do this alone, I'm smart and hard working. It'll take a while but I'll be OK."

Keep your chin up you will get through it. (((hugs)))

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
C
C
MissH

One of the best things that happened is that your support will be coming through collection.

Once my xh started lowering his payments to me on his own, the Court immediately set this program up. It saves you a lot of headaches down the road. It also is nice to have it all set up for when the final decision is made on the amount.

Don't be too quick to believe that they're siding with your H. Lots of times I think they use a lot of reverse psychology just to get people to comfortable with themselves, and then they wait and watch the person slip up when they think they aren't being watched/held accountable anymore.

Regardless, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible
A
A
Ex or not he is simply a JA. Man that idiot just wont give up. Yes get a lawyer. Do forensic study of his worth. DIG DEEP! Hes trying to screw you over just for being you and he doesnt care if the kids take a hit in the process.

Im sooo sorry you have to go thru all of this. But go after him to pay your legal fees to boot as you will have to retain your attourney because he wont pay his child support. Sounds fair to me!
mad

Me 53
H 51
OW 25
Bomb may 06
left june 8/ 06
ILYBNILWY (twice!)
7/6/07 H wants to come home
7/21/07 H comes home
7/07 -7/08 long haul letting go of OW
now piecing in earnest

C
C
MissH sorry things are going so badly. I agree with Snodderly that at least you should start getting something from a third party. Hopefully that will be more reliable.

On the bright side a least the "State of Emergency" for Orange county has been lifted and the snow is starting to melt.

Hang in there.

Me-70, D37,S36
Dear MissH !!!!

I am so sorry.....it seems you are truly stuck in this never ending battle and I can so understand you wanting OUT !!!

I keep you always in my prayers and hope that one day...soon...the sun will shine brightly for you, cause you deserve so much better !!!!

As I have done so often in the past....here's my song for you !!

Love yah xxxx

Last edited by Cinderellaman; 03/07/10 08:34 PM.

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
B
B
Miss H, I think you are in better shape than you think. The Judge ordered your support payments come from State collections, which means you will get your money and he must repay the State. If he doesn't, he goes to jail. As far as his salary being cut in half, secure his W-2's from last year. What kind of work does he do? Unless he owns his own business or works on commission, it will be very hard to convince a Judge his wages are cut in half. Secure an asset report from him, get titles to cars, property, etc. Also get banking records, stock holdings, all of those are considered assets and are liable for collections. Don't be fooled by the Judge, they are very wise to all the tricks to child support evasion and are not very tolerant of those practices. Its a little bit of leg work on your part, but it can pay off. One final tip, counter claim for an INCREASE in child support!! All they can do is say no and if you win, you will not hear from him again!!!

M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks everyone for your support.

BH, ex is a dental lab technician and works full time for his uncle, as well as owning his own lab business.

I have no doubt he is hiding money since he works for his uncle.

We will probably have to sudbpoena his uncle.

As for counter claiming, that might not be a bad idea. My brother thinks I should do the same. I will ask my lawyer about that.

Ex is still missing 3 support payments since December.

Today I finally got a check in the mail from him. It was for 50 dollars. Whoop-dee-doo. When he dropped the kids home (45 minutes late) I asked him what the 50 dollar check was for. He said that was all he had to give me.

Give me a break.

If I lose my house that I just brought I will be p!ssed beyond belief.

Why should the children and I have to go without a house while he gets to live in one in richville?

It's not my problem he brought a house and spent a lot of money fixing it up and brought a fancy truck since the divorce was final.

If he can't meet his financial obligations anymore then he should have to go without, not the boys and I.

He can go get a second job or have ow pay for the difference.

And he is such a liar. He told the judge he was all caught up with his payments. In the meantime, money is tight for me.

Well, thanks for listening to me vent.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard