Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
P
P
Agree -- BAD IDEA.

B
OP Offline
B
I talked to the wife on the phone for the first time in about three weeks. She apologized for "ruining everything and throwing it all away." I told her we could have worked everything out if she hadn't been so wrapped up in OM.

We talked about divorce, but she also asked if I wanted to try dating. Don't know how I feel about that. I'm about ready to move on, and she pulls this? I told her I couldn't date someone who I'm married to, especially if their heart wasn't in it. She asked if I wanted to be separated but not divorced. This seems like a worst case scenario, still bound to her but not with her.

We're talking again face-to-face next week. I really don't even know what I want at this point.

B
OP Offline
B
Wife is filing for divorce. I am free.

Thanks to everyone on this board for your support.

S
S
Hey broken,

Sorry to hear this news. Are you still in contact with her?

Do something good for yourself today.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: soleil
Hey broken,

Sorry to hear this news. Are you still in contact with her?

Do something good for yourself today.

Barely. We talked face-to-face last night for the first time in a month. It's a mutual decision, her heart's not in it and I could never trust her to not be looking over my shoulder for something better. I'm ready to move on.

Having lunch with an old friend today, then going to watch baseball tonight!

S
S
Sounds lke you're going to have a fun time later smile

P
P
Originally Posted By: broken2010, on 3/3/2010

I desperately want her back. We've been together for 12 years, married for 7. It's never been a perfect relationship, but she's my best friend and I love her with all my heart.

Originally Posted By: broken2010, today
Wife is filing for divorce. I am free.

Wow, one whole month. Is that all the fight you have in you, Broken? If so, DBing probably wasn't for you.

Puppy

Last edited by Puppy Dog Tails; 04/07/10 04:48 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
Maybe not Puppy, but I feel more like myself today than I have in years. I'm not walking on eggshells anymore, and I feel like I have the freedom to be with someone else who won't put up a wall around herself. She told me last night that she's still "friends" with OM. How could I ever trust her again? And knowing that her heart isn't in it... I'd rather be with someone who can love me unconditionally with her whold heart.

P
P
I get that, and you're certainly justified. I just don't understand why you wouldn't try some of the "harder stance" things we were trying to implore you to try, because you "didn't want to push her away," but you're willing to just let her divorce you.

That makes no sense to me. If it's me, if I'm gonna go down, I'd rather go down swinging.

Puppy

B
OP Offline
B
I feel comfortable that I did everything I could to save it. But ultimately what it comes down to is I'm happy today. I'm happy to not have it hanging over my head indefinitely.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard