Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1951388 03/04/10 03:41 PM
N
OP Offline
N
So......super dad is at his finest again. I need to vent. I'm hoping this will make me feel better to get this off my shoulders. My H hasn't seen our son in one week. One week! Keep in mind we don't have court-ordered arrangements yet. I have my son all the time. He is always with me. My H usually sees him once a week or so....depending. I text him last night to see if he could watch him on Saturday because I have plans. I text him at 730 last night, nothing, again an 1.5 later, and finally told him at 10 last night forget it I'll figure something else out like I always do. I know where he was...at the bar.

Furious. I don't ask for his help very often but it sure would be nice when I do if he could. Angers me that his priorities are so messed up. Bothers me that he can go a week without seeing our son. He does this often in streaks. We live very close to each other, he is also laid off right now, doesn't make a whole lot of attempts ...just the I miss you guys crap.
If I was laid off I would want him all day with me but that's me. MAD MAD MAD

Me: 31
H: 30
Son 2.5

Minnesota
N
OP Offline
N
More than anything it makes me sad for my son.

Son 2.5

Minnesota
L
L
It is very sad Nik. Unfortunately, your H has no idea what he is missing out on. His thoughts are so full of himself right now, woe is me, look at how my life is falling apart, blah blah blah, that he cannot see that his life is right in front of him.

Let's smack them all shall we?

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

N
OP Offline
N
For the LIFE of me I cannot understand this...it's your child, your one and only son. I should be use to this as he is the KING OF THE PITY PARTY but really, two treatments under our belt and we're going to sit and bar and who the hell cares about my family, I don't need to be a parent. I told him when he was done messing around with this inmate to be girlfriend maybe think about your parenting duties.

I use to think he was going to be the best dad as did a lot of our close friends, heard it often. Now, sadly it's once a week maybe. It is Mark's loss I get it but my son needs his father. But a bottle, being selfish, wallowing in pity, hanging out with felons is more important. What a slap in the face all of this is. He is such a ___________ !

Son 2.5

Minnesota
L
L
I agree. Unfortunately, in his eyes right now, he can only see himself.

I don't get it either. How could you not want to see your child? But these people are so self consumed it doesn't make much of a difference.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

B
B
I wish we could just take turns b!tchslapping each others husbands/exes. Grr.....

Makes me so mad for you and sad for your son. I cannot imagine living close by, being unemployed, and not seeing my kids for a week. Heck I can't imagine being close by with a full-time job and not seing my kids for a week!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
N
OP Offline
N
I need to stop trying to understand it for my sanity. I need to just tell myself, his choices Nikki, his choices, can't control it. Makes it so hard when my son is involved. I want to protect him, I'd do anything for that little boy, anything. He just ignores him.

Not too mention our daycare is walking distance probably a half mile from his house. Literally no excuse.

So glad others understand this.

Son 2.5

Minnesota
L
L
Nikki, I am not sure even he understands it. I am not saying that we all don't get self consumed at some point in our lives, but to be COMPLETELY self consumed is beyond me. I agree with Bobbi Jo, I wish we could smack the shid out of them, but then they wouldn't have any hope of learning any kind of lesson.

I just wish it wasn't a lesson they had to learn at our expense, and the expense of our children.

B
B
((((Nikki)))),

This is truly pathetic. Your H is an irresponsible 18 year-old boy masquerading around in a 31 year-olds body. He is simply a self-centered fool at this point. No job AND no time for his child = biggest loser in my book. I wouldn't ask him again. Let him get his act together and come to you if and when he wants to get back into your son's life. I feel so bad for your little boy.

BA

C
C
I don't get it either. I'm going to go to the mat for 50/50 custody of my girls. Every day I don't see them is a waste to me.

It could be guilt. Some people run away ran than face things when they screw up.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard