Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I want to follow the thread size rules like Jack Three Beans does so well. I do wonder at times if he was a brown noser in the Coast Guard. Nah! I suspect he is the master of his fate - the captain of his soul. Good man that J3B.

I could not think of a fancy thread title so I will just repeat the buzz phrase that Microsoft keeps hounding me with when they email or call to coerce me to update my MSDN/Visual Studio subscription.

Fun weekend planned with the kids. Zoo on Saturday afternoon. Winterhawks hockey behind the goal on Saturday night. Some cub scout achievement work is planned - my son will be cooking. USA against Canada men's hockey on Sunday - millionares playing millionares. We will put my homemade trap out at night to try and capture a racoon or possum. My Cookbook says that you only eat possum during the winter - I suspect the same may apply with coons. It is kind of like Christmas for the kids when they wakeup to go check the trap to see what we caught.

B
B
Oh, Kerry--You had me, until the possum trap. Otherwise, sounds like a good weekend! smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
J
J
Thanks Kerry.

I was dependable, I didn't complain (much), and I told it like it was. To some degree the successful noncoms have to be brown-nosers, but not 'yes men'. If you know what I mean. Sometimes it is not only "Who you know, but who you blow."

I got accussed of being a brown noser once, and my reply was to use that quote above. And then go on to say, "You make their job harder than it needs to be, you're a lazy slacker looking out for yourself, maybe you should think about that while you're cleaning the bildges and I'm making eyes splices."

Your weekend sounds awesome!

You really going to cook up opossum?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

B
B
Ew!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
J
J
Quote:

Did you consider what you did during the MLC to save your marriage as being a doormat?

Didn't want to ignore, just didn't want to get others possibly off topic.

Yes. Alot of it. I know the reasons, but yeah.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
You really going to cook up opossum?

I'm tempted to try it - once. There are some interesting recipes: http://www.redneckpossum.com/PossumRecipes.htm

I believe the reason you eat em in the winter is so that when you skin em that you dont end up finding live baby possums in the pouch.

B
B
:::thud::: (I just fainted when I read that.)

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
D
D
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I know you have stated that if your W were to repeat, that is it for you. Great boundary, and since your W knows, it is a deterrent of sorts.

I'm pretty sure Jack doesn't use it as a deterrent.

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: bright_new_day
:::thud::: (I just fainted when I read that.)

Suzy, I dont understand. Your from Virginia. The North American possum is called the Virginia Opossum. Why is it any different than beef, lobster, chicken, or pig? It is not even possible for them to get rabies because their body temp is too low.

I have heard that hillbillies are getting lazy and turning to high tech now days instead of catching their own. They are resorting to just picking up the road kill ones for supper.

Maybe it is the fact the possums are seen dead on the side of the road so often that people dont consider them a good food source. Heck, I see dead deer along the road - why dont people think the same way about deer? There is a place along the way to the coast that sells road kill venison and elk jerky - I've bought it and it is pretty darn good.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
How to say, "I Love You" in 25 languages:

English: I Love You
Spanish: te amo
French: Je T'aime
German: Ich Liebe Dich
Thai: Phom rak khun
Japanese: Ai Shite Imasu
Italian: Ti amo
Chinese: Wo Ai Ni
Swedish: Jag Alskar

Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina. Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and parts of Florida :

Nice Butt , Get in the truck

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard