I have learned how dealing with a MLC is a lot like working with a teenage person.
My H is in total denial about MLC (he has had no PA, lives at home but has the selfish narcissism down to a "t").

Our old MC said my H gives 3 responses; a denial, and excuse or finger pointing.
I understand this part of MLC (which by the way he says he does not have at all) but my DD17 and he fight like cats and dogs. (They always have had friction, it just got worse when she became a teenager) She is not a bad kid, temper problems, but gets A's in school.

My MLC obsesses about "fixing" her. With rules and many, many punishments for when she breaks those rules... because HE is the FATHER... He antagonises and when she blows up at he says "See!" to me, like I did not see him picking at her for 20 min.

My DD saw a counselor, who tried to fix this mess, and finally the IC told me; "I have told your daughter to aviod talking with her father." This was after years of back and forth between these two. He would not listen... she would not listen.. I get drug through hell.

He will absolutely not quit his antagonising/passive agressive behavior. She (with all the smarts of a teenager) gets angry and blows up. He lives in the house, and I am going crazy (He thinks he has the way to "fix" her (by being stern))

It came to a head this past weekend. She got a job at a coney island, and the owner was swearing at her <<F bombs!?>> She tried 3 shifts and quit in tears, (when I found out HOW he was talking to her, I insisted that she quit). I talked to other 15 and 16 year olds who work there, he swears at them too.

I filed a police report. What a scuzbag owner. These are new workers/ girls and kids to boot.

Well, I told me MLC husband about the police report. He is angry shocked that she quit! ((WHHhhhhhaaaaaaaaa?) He wants her to earn money (we gave her a car-she needs to come up with at least gas $$$) but put up with abuse? ! !

What kind of father allows this to happen to his own daughter?
What, she should go back there, after I filed a vulgarity report on him?

Does any other people out there have similar situations? What the heck am I to do? i am more angry at this than when he pulls his MLC cr@p on me.

Last edited by kickme; 01/19/10 04:27 PM.