Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#1899184 12/21/09 07:40 PM
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I thought I should self moderate and start a new thread. Here is a link to my old one.

Tired of the game

So, life has been pretty quiet. Work has become a bit annoying and I am going to think over some issues to do with that while I am away. I am thinking of starting to look for a new job when I get back.

I have 2 days left till I go away. I am so excited! smile I have just had to walk home because North London is at a standstill because of the snow but it was lovely because it was so pretty.

I guess I should update on H news, but to be honest he quite secondary now. I decided that I would meet him, I am very much in a different frame of mind these days and I thought long and hard about it whether it was the right thing to do or not. In fact it was a really nice meet up, he let me know a time and day a week in advance (those of you who have followed my story will know that is a miracle!) and we had a nice brunch together. I was very strong, happy in myself, and had my confidence back again and I think it was quite a different meeting to the past. He talked about how he was tired all the time, even though he got plenty of sleep. I guess the big thing was he paid which I think was the first time ever. I am really glad that I put my foot down over him messing me around and set a boundary. I will be consistent with it should I decide to meet him again in the future.

Since the meeting he has sent me a Christmas card in which he wrote a personal message (first time ever again) and is also sending me a present 'to take on holiday with me'. I am not reading anything to any of this at all and am not changing my course or attitude in any way at the moment. I will be fine whatever happens. I did miss him the day after seeing him but bounced back pretty quickly. I think the divorce is all still in progress but to be honest I am leaving it to the solicitor, as I want as little as possible to do with it. Perhaps why I am not posting here so much.

Anyway, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday and I will probably be on the internet a fair bit when I am away so I shall let you know what I am up to. smile

Hugs to all my lovely DB friends!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
First!!!!

Good for you. You go girl! smile

Have a BLAST on vacation!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
K
Oh can I be excited about being second?? Proud of you and so excited about your adventure. do all that fun stuff now, it gets so much harder with kids in tow.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
K
I agree. Have fun, that's what you should be doing now...
Hugs
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
V
(((((Julia)))))

You sound GREAT!

Remind me of when you are going to be visiting the mouse!

M
M
Oh Julia!! I can't get on FB from work but I wanted to answer your questions!!!!!

#1 - Youth hostels are nearly unheard of in LA except in the worst parts of town. Of course the problem with asking me is that I'm a bit of a hotel snob and can't stand the thought of a hostel. smile Out of those I have researched probably the best would be the Hosteling International location in Santa Monica. Fairly safe area with good access to all major points of interest.

#2 - Don't bother buying Disney tickets in advance. There really are no discounts except for multi-day passes through tour companies and those generally require you to book hotel in conjunction so you would end up spending more. I can say that you should definitely visit both parks if you can, but if you are limited to only one then definitely do Disneyland, not California Adventure. It is the original, the only park that Walt actually walked in and spent time in. It gives it a little something extra. Of course, I'm biased in that respect since I'm from SoCal. LOL.

#3 - I assume you are not planning on renting a car while you are there? Oh wait! I forgot! Are you still not driving? It is not easy to get around SoCal without a car. Pretty expensive proposition actually. Taxi's are ridiculous especially since you spend a lot of time sitting in traffic and being charged for every minute of it. There are some shuttle services that will transport between major attractions and the airport. Super Shuttle and Prime Time Shuttle come to mind. They are door to door shared ride service but not cheap. Public transportation is nearly impossible because lines don't always connect to each other without going far out of your way. I would suggest checking with the Los Angeles Visitors Bureau and see if you can plan out your routs using the metrorail and other public transport. Anaheim (where Disneyland is) is in Orange County, about 35 miles south of Los Angeles.

I don't know if any of this is helpful or stuff you have already found out on your own. I hope you can use it to further your research. Departure date is coming up quick!!!!

Enjoy every minute of your time away!!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
FYI Julia, RB & I bought 3 day park hopper passes (the online discount actually made them cheaper than 2 day passes)! We are going down Jan 29-31. I was trying to get down there the 28th, but he doesn't think he can get off work. What day are you doing Disneyland?

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ah Michelle that is a shame. I leave on the 29th frown ah well. So I think I should be visiting the Mouse on the 27th or 28th.

Thanks for the info Mishka. I think I am going to have to hostel it as I will probably have about 3p by the time I get to LA smile I will look into the visitor bureau as travel could be an issue. Thank you for pre-warning me and also recommending as hostel as I was worried about the neighbourhoods.

Hugs to you all. I can't wait to go now, but gosh I have got so much to do as I have done *nothing* in preparation so far wink ce la vie, that is quite typical of me. Before all the h stuff I used to be so laid back, seems I am reverting wink

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
Have a wonderful time, (Julia))!!!! And safe travels.

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
K
K
Hopefully, now, you have some packing done. I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and a safe and wonderful journey. this is going to be just what you needed to get a fresh start. cheers!!

hugs and blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard