Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
I feel great tonight. Things are sort of falling into place for me right now- or for today at least! The house is mostly clean, I have plans for my day off tomorrow, homework is sort of done smile I want to spend the next little while going through my junk and purging stuff. If I move its something that I need to do, and if I dont end up moving, getting rid of some extra junk that I dont use is good too!

Yep, its a good day...

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
C
C
smile Thats good bluerain.

I am having a good day as well. Good run. Later today I will be cake eating at a birthday party LOL

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
B
OP Offline
B
I texted ex today about the taxes, he said that he is willing to file married filing jointly, its important because I cant claim any of the education credits if I do M filing seperately (This is super annoying BTW!). So thats one less thing to worry about.

I took a friends son swimming today for about 3 hours, and I am exhausted! I was a lifeguard for a long time, and it felt great to be back in the pool, and I am going to sleep really well tonight!

U
U
Blue I am so happy for you - a lot of things really seem to be looking up! Catch ya on FB!

undefeated 24
H 24
S's 4, 2, 1
M 5 yrs

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." ~Dale Carnegie
W
W
that sounds great and good the ex is willing to be civil. glad to see things are going well..

W28/M29
D8
D6
S3
K
K
Blue, checking in on you. So glad to hear you are doing well and your X is acting civil. I'm going to try to fb soon. I joined eharmony btw. Haven't actually chatted with anyone yet, or really found anyone decent, but just fun to looking towards having fun in the future. What's up with you?

Me 53
D18, S24
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Karen, I tried eHarmony, but they wont help me because I said I was separated- ha, some people still have morals! Im so glad that you joined though, I have heard really good things about it! I joined Match.com, there are only 3 men in my area (One of them was in a class with me last semester, and one is a customer at my store!), most of them are in the city. Ive only had one date from it, and it was a disaster! He got sooo drunk, I was not impressed. But I have been in contact with a few people that Ive met from there, even if it doesnt turn into something more, I have made a few friends.

I am still waiting on 2 more peices of paperwork for my taxes, but so far so good! I just hate talking to ex so much, I dont even want to text him to tell say that its ready for him to input his W-2 and whatever else, I think its because he might respond in some way. And I would prefer to ignore his existence as much as possible! smile

B
OP Offline
B
Ok, so I havent been talking about it that much on here, but I have been setting some pretty ambitious goals for myself. Mainly move to the city and look for work. Well, thats not working out for me. I have decided that I cant move without a job, at least not right now. Im just not happy with the way that my options are shaping up.

I have things pretty good right now, FWS is going to start me 2 months earlier than in previous years so that Ill be eligible for a promotion by the middle of summer, and it will also let me save even more money. They are also paying me to take a trip to VA for a national conference! Yahoo, everything will be paid for. And yes, the liquor store job is driving me absolutely bat-$hit crazy, but its better than nothing, and again, it will let me save a pretty substantial amount of money by this fall. So it is a means to an end. And by this fall, I will have about a year of managerial experience to put on my resume- always good, right?

I have also started researching mortgages. I think that if I decide to buy a mortgage to basically refinance the place that I am in (removing ex from the deed hopefully!), or to get one to buy a condo or something in the city, I will be paying substantially less than I would if I were renting. Or trying to make payments on the existing mortgage on the house that Im living in now.

I applied for jobs 49 and 50 this weekend, it was sort of a reality check I guess. I just need to calm down and get as much from my current situation as I can!

U
U
It sounds like you're getting what you need, even though it's not really what you want. Money is good...for some reason people actually expect us to pay our bills. Seems so unreasonable. wink And I'm glad that what you have going for you right now does that and allows you to save some money.

Moving to the city and having a job there isn't completely out of the question. Application #49 may be "the one." Or #50, or one you put in forever ago that you thought would never pan out.

I am impressed and amazed that you can talk about mortgages and buying condos...it makes me feel somewhat ignorant. smile It is good that you know you have options, and a positive upbeat attitude like yours is amazing too.

You will make your life exactly what you want it to be, of that I am certain. It may take you longer than you would like, but you'll make it. Have a great day!

undefeated 24
H 24
S's 4, 2, 1
M 5 yrs

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." ~Dale Carnegie
B
OP Offline
B
I finished my taxes today, and applied for a mortgage! Tonight while I was looking at the real estate website, I found a condo that I love, love, love! The loan officer is supposed to get back to me tomorrow, I left a message with the realtor, so well see I guess! The place is a little more than I wanted to spend, but its in a good neighborhood (at least I think), which has been a pretty big concern for me, and its nice, so as long as I can get the funding together, I think that Ill go for it. Its funny, this condo is bigger than my house! I just need to find out if I can have my dog...

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard