Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1861920 10/25/09 07:37 PM
S
OP Offline
S
This is a sick little story that I wasnt going to post since I have no moral nor advice to give with it. But hopefully there is a take away message to help some of you realize where you need to be or want to be in your situation.

(names of the not so innocent where changed to protect their not so innocent behaviour since this story I believe to be true).

I was out drinking with a lifting partner of mine two weeks ago and his cell phone kept going off. It was getting annoying and I was going to call it a night. So he turned it off, bought a round and some shots and broke out this story.

Seems my younger singel good looking friend took up a female texting friend who is married. And although he says nothing has happened other then texting and a couple of lunches, you never know what to believe. He says this has been going on for almost a year, and a while back her husband caught on by looking at the online billing and told her to stop, ineffectively. He said he cooled it but a month later she started texting him again. Then continued texting him more and more. And the whole thing became alot more serious as she was texting him 40 to 50 times a day.

He said about two months ago she stopped altogether with no warning and that it really it matter to him so he didnt ask why nor pursue her. But she eventually sought him out. He said that she said she was sorry she disappeared but she couldnt stop thinking about him and one night she was talking in her sleep about him and her husband heard and flipped out. It caused abit of martial strife and she didnt want to get divorced. So she had to stop.

He finished with I dont know what to make of this, she is started texting me again and she now wants to get together. He said the more he ignores her the more she pursues.

R
R
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
He said the more he ignores her the more she pursues.

is that the moral of the story ;-)

robx #1861969 10/25/09 11:18 PM
D
D
I wonder if the same would be true if the genders were reversed?

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
robx #1861971 10/25/09 11:27 PM
G
G
Originally Posted By: robx
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
He said the more he ignores her the more she pursues.

is that the moral of the story ;-)

That's the HOW to get a woman to pursue....not the WHY. In other words, you fellas would be better served exploring WHY a woman would text another man like crazy. She's got a real live H right there with her, but she's texting this other guy at her own peril. Why?

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
Greek #1861983 10/25/09 11:53 PM
S
S
While he is wrong in allowing it and participating in it, he is the single one. Seems the Female and her H are the ones with the major issues to deal with.

Edited for your protection.
Greek #1861991 10/26/09 12:05 AM
R
R
attention, approval, appreciation - things that her husband apparently isn't giving her and she wants it

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard