Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43
R
R
If you start to walk out of the room where the kids are, will she at least follow you? Then it would just be between you two adults...

W
WCW Offline
W
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
I painted the car with spray paint....acrylic. The back triangle was hand painted with blue acrylic. Then, I used white pinstriping, 1/4". Then lacquer/clear varnish. Was too lazy to cut out small stars so I used stickies. F
Um, you mean your son did all that right? wink

Did you ever figure out a way to track the tips and cash that your w gets from her job to know she's reporting it correctly on her income?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
J
J
Expect the attacks to grow in intensity and frequency until it is over. She is scared to death of her future and the only way to handle that is to dump on you - yes, in front of the kids.

She is sick Frank. So stay the high road and turn that other cheek.

Next up will be Lonely .. capital 'L'. But you will prevail.

Strength and Honor.

Jeff

Current Thread
F
OP Offline
F
DF...no ...she doesn't follow. She attacks in front of the children. Our family counselor told me to do the following:
-I will not listen to this in front of the children. Then walk away.

It doesn't help. All her abuse occurs unexpectedly and usually in front of the kids. It DOES need to be over. STBXW is truly toxic now. Eg:

I texted her yesterday that I sent her an email. The email was with regards to D6 and playing sports, vacations times, etc. Her response:

Quote:
STBXW: Texting has been fine so far. I don't have daily access 2 my email anyway so it is the most reliable way 2 communicate. And brief and 2 the point is sufficient. If I want to read anything long winded of substance I will read Tolstoy himself. No further email from you are necessary.

Yes WCW....S9 does the car, but, unlike me at his age, he has no interest yet in working with his hands. I don't want to push him nor do I want him to feel obligated to do things I did. I simply try to expose him to many things. For now, he loves baseball so I enroll him in as much BB stuff as he wants to do.

I have the kids tonite so I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year. New beginnings in 2010.

And Jeff.....I'll be OK. The attacks are so bad that I am looking forward to getting this done.
FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
R
R
Many wishes for a Happy New Year, FIB!

D
D
Happy New Year, FIB!! I hope 2010 brings you many blessings and much needed peace!!!

M:June 28,2008
H:Awesome Man!
S:28
SS:25
SS:21
D:19
S:16

"Love Never Fails!"

"God doesn't take anything out of our lives without replacing it with something far better." -Billy Graham
F
F
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving

STBXW: Texting has been fine so far. I don't have daily access 2 my email anyway so it is the most reliable way 2 communicate. And brief and 2 the point is sufficient. If I want to read anything long winded of substance I will read Tolstoy himself. No further email from you are necessary.

Makes sense from a practical perspective if she can't read email regularly. I have the same issue with XW so I text her so I don't have to hear her voice.

And yes, Tolstoy. She grasps on to that judges comment as if it is a 'victory' for her.

How sad. That kind of anger will eat her alive.

Current Thread

B
B
The bubbleheaded bleach blonde reading Tolstoy? Yeah, why don't you do that, Missyma'am, and then 'esplain it to us. That I would pay to see...

Frank, please honor Ms. Batshitcrazyville's request and stick to the texts. And please be sure to use numbers for words when possible.

We wouldn't want to put undue stress those hairproduct drenched braincells.

Perhaps you should try using handpuppets when it's necessary to converse with her.

Happy New Year, Boo...you're due a good one.

besos,
BA

W
WCW Offline
W
Hittin' the bubbly a little early on NYE?

It's a new year, FIB. Hoping better things for you!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
G
G
Hey Frank..

Happpppy New Year!

Here's something I want to share.

If I focus on my greatest fears, they happen.

My greatest fear even during the early years of the marriage was divorce. I never made a wedding album because I was afraid if I did divorce would follow. I didn't want to move out of our sweet tiny house because I knew if we didn't we'd be married for life.

We moved, I put together the album at year nineteen because I asked myself, what was I so afraid of.. even after talking to my former spouse about my wacky fears. But oops.. a divorce happened.

Once I knew my husband was really divorcing me, was gone, finito, arrivederci my greatest fear was financial insecurity. Although we had money in the bank, stocks, bonds I was scared to death and petrified. Guess what happened. The former spouse went nutso testosterone fired his reasonable lawyer, hired a big gun one who sucked down $50,000 in one month and twice as much once by the time the divorce was finalized. Oops.. I got that one too. No financial cushion, no savings, house on the market that's not selling. Ouch.

During this entire process quite a few teenagers my kids know have died in preventable car accidents. Horrible, shocking, heart breaking. The first time it happened I said, "That's a pain I never want to know." The second time it happened, I said the same thing. Now, considering my batting average with great fears, I don't go there. I'm supportive to the families, appreciate all the joys, tangles and angst of my own children and am thankful for all I have.

Why? Because if I focus on my greatest fears, they happen.

Instead of living the fear that you'll lose your children, focus on what is great. Keep that in the forefront of your mind.

The Tolstoy thing in my mind is a compliment. I'd want a frickin' Tolstoy operating on me, looking out for me. But if it bugs you, and you've heard three people make a negative reference to that aspect of your personality.. evaluate it. Maybe it's something you can tweak. There's something about 'threes' and learning.

If you look at the injustices of life, you become and/or are a victim. Even if all your actions are noble and honorable. If you cower at your divorcing spouse's tirades, you're the dog who rolls over and submits. Remember, she's just as miserable as you are. Instead, practice being a cat, turning around and farting in her general direction. (Wait.. do cat's fart?)

You are not a weak man. But you are making your way through a very painful process. And I'm sorry.. the state of New York is just sick financially forcing divorcing couples to live in the same house or risk losing it. Give yourself Frank time.

Next time your divorcing spouse brings out the claws do something different. "I understand why you feel that way." Validate.. yadda yadda. It takes two to fight. Pull the wick from the candle.

State your boundary to your divorcing spouse. If she doesn't respect it, don't reward it. Be the dad first, "Hey kids, let's go play in the other room. I'll be right there." Take the big picture approach, drop the rope. Because all the kids see is you fighting. Hug the kids instead. Tell your divorcing spouse that you understand why she feels this way. That is tough and hard and miserable for everyone. And that it will soon be over and you can each live your separate lives. Tell and accept the truth. Then let it go.

One last thing about the settlement once it's finalized. I started getting unhappy, upset about the final outcome. Then I realized I had no control and that no matter how much I bitched and moaned, nothing would change. So.. I decided that I'd gotten the absolutely best settlement ever. After all, it is what it is.. and when I remember that I did the best I could, and got the best possible, I don't go dipping in the bitter pool full of acidic feelings that eat away at my core.

PMA, baby.. Gypsy style.

*hugs*

Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard