Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Hey, Aud, I knew you'd find me smile

Things are just "ok." Like I said, I have absolutely no sex drive, but still make sure that we are "regularly having sex" to keep him happy & satisfied. Not sure what my problem is . . . whether it's the meds I'm on, just not interested, or a combination of a bunch of things. I just try not to have long periods of time go by when we don't like it used to be.

That's about it. I guess you could say we're just coasting.

Hopefully we'll just have an absolute blast on this trip together. Just the 2 of us and realize that we are still ok, just the 2 of us, you know what I mean? I mean that we're still ok minus the kids, work, the house, the dog, the lizards, etc.

Me: 38
H: 35
S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Wanted D - nothing would change his mind
Numerous A's prior to D bomb; EA prior/during D bomb
Piecing 04/07
Deployed for a year 05/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
D
D
Hi RedHeadWife... (it's me, "kel" in '06/'07--[later D.D.]-- had to change names after googling my username for a silly *tagging game* on another site that I used the same handle on --and being directed to my posts here. Duh.)

I hope you have the time of your life on that cruise! What a chance to just let go and laugh. Ooh, lucky girl! I got shrimp boots (well, actually, really amazing-cute-and-colorful festival boots) for my anniversary present! :P

You wrote:"Not sure what my problem is . . . whether it's the meds I'm on, just not interested, or a combination of a bunch of things. I just try not to have long periods of time go by when we don't like it used to be."

You know what you have to do. You have to find out. For the sake of your M, and YOU.

Sometimes a cycle starts in the crazy day-to-day living. You know, the "happily ever after" part that usually starts at the END of the story when the marriage just begins. Anyhow, we can stop believing we're sexy. Stop wanting sex---> more of the same.

If your sex drive doesn't change without the stress of kids & etc., I beg you to search for those answers asap. I don't want to freak you out, but guys are simple creatures. Most who cheat don't do so because of how they feel about US, but how we (or OW) make them feel about themselves. This sounds soooo antiquated, but if text-girl has the hots for H and is stroking his ego, and you have no interest in his, um, ego, things could go bad pretty quickly. Not that it should. Not that it's any wife's fault if men fall for text girls instead of "working on problems"-- but... just sayin'.

Mainly do this for you... your meds may be stopping you from enjoying an amazing part of life smile

~Happiness is for the brave...
A
A
Quote:
Hopefully we'll just have an absolute blast on this trip together. Just the 2 of us and realize that we are still ok, just the 2 of us, you know what I mean? I mean that we're still ok minus the kids, work, the house, the dog, the lizards, etc.

I hope you have an awesome time on the trip, girl!

I'd like to second DiDi's comments...I think it's worth getting to the bottom of the problem, because even if you're making sure it's 'regular', it needs to feed you both. Coasting is fine for a little, but coasting inevitably slows down and no one wants to be stuck in nowhere-ville.

FWIW, I want you to have fun being YOU! Regardless of the M sitch...you need to enjoy your life every day. You're worth it. ((hugs))

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks guys. I guess that is the bottom line in my life right now - I'm not enjoying ANYTHING. I feel like I get up & get through the day and can't wait to just go to sleep when it's time for bed, repeat the next day.

It's so stressful having 3 boys and making sure that everything that they need to get done gets done, making dinner every night as soon as you get home, trying to go to the gym, not going to the gym, feeling like you are getting fat and RIGHT BEFORE you are going on a cruise which requires a bathing suit.

It's just all so much, all the time, every day. I'm just to the point of going through the motions and not enjoying anything and knowing how much I am going to regret this later.

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
S
S
I know it's no consolation, but I feel very much like that too. frown

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
A
A
frown I often feel that way too...like every late afternoon when I'm facing the daunting task of handling house and kids on top of everything else I need/want to do. I tend to shut down and hate myself for not accomplishing or really caring about anything. The only way out of it for me is to just get off my rear and get moving.

I know you're feeling helpless to do anything, but you have to start somewhere. What will you do tomorrow? (start small--you need a victory!)

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
R
OP Offline
R
Well, we're back from our trip. We had a really good time. Now it's back to getting into a routine again w/ the boys and I want to try really hard to make sure we find some way to come up w/ a routine that we stand by so things aren't so stressful all the time. Stay tuned . . . .

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
R
OP Offline
R
Ok, so we went on the trip & had a great time.

Now he is gone (work) until Friday. I think the time apart will be good. Have him miss me after we had a good time on the trip.

The kids have been great so far which is amazing since Dad is gone & Grandma & Grandpa left too (they had stayed w/ the boys while we were gone & live in WA State).

I'm in a lot better spirits this week. I think the vacation did a world of good!

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
N
N
Very good to hear, Red. Keep on keeping your aspects bright and positive.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
A
A
Oh, wonderful! I'm so glad you feel re-charged and ready to move forward. Any plans on how to avoid the ho-hums? wink

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard