Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1819664 08/15/09 08:07 PM
M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey all, it's been awhile.

So many new names, I don't recognize many.

I thought I would drop by and give an update even though not much has changed, lol.

I did sell the house, I will be moving to a rental in a couple of weeks and stay there on a month by month lease until the right house in my price range comes along.

I also go back to school at the end of August.

Busy, busy, busy.

Things with ex are still the same and I don't ever expect them to change. I'm ok with it, exceptance is a wonderful thing.

I no longer have any desire to have another relationship with him again. I have moved on with my life. No, I am not in another relationship, I have just moved on.

Ex is still the same person he was 3 years ago when he left.

He will be difficult to deal with from here on in. He is not one of those that will grow up. But I'm ok with it, really.

Interesting story I would like to share....Ex kept pushing and pushing me to sell the house since the day he walked out the door. We listed it with his realtor for the first 6 months and it diid not sell. I put my foot down and wouldn't resign another contract with her, time for someone new.

We got a new realtor and ex wanted to list the house at a real low price but I wouldn't budge. It turns out I was right because we ended up getting more for the house then he wanted to list it for.

You would think he would be excited, right? Well it didn't take long for our realtor to find out just how nuts he really is. After we got our offer he says to my realtor that maybe we should take it back off the market and wait for the market to pick back up. He wanted to sell it for less!

I told her "no, I want it sold. As much as I love my house and my neighborhood, I want off this rollercoaster. I no longer care to ride it and I don't care to own anything with him anymore". One moment the guy wants it sold badly the next he wants to wait, I'm not interested in playing his game.

He also put up other roadblocks with selling the house. We had to fix things that were on the buyer's inspectors list. Not big things, but things that must be done. Well he refused to help me out with these things. If it was not for me they would not get done.

My realtor couldn't believe how difficult he was being.

She asked me if he was on medication, lol!

She said he is definetly bipolar. She's too funny.

She figured I would be the difficult one to work with as I didn't want to sell the house and he did but she told me it was the complete opposite.

The man is nuts.

I gotta go for now as some friends just came over. I will try and post more later.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
MissH #1819666 08/15/09 08:17 PM
job Offline
I'm glad you posted. I've been wondering how things had been going. I know you loved your home, but it's time to put that chapter of life behind you. A rental is the way to go for now and soon the market will change once again and you can search for the right home for you and the boys. A home that you can actually call your home w/no strings attached to the xh.

He just might be a "Peter Pan" for the rest of his life. Many of the things that he has done/said remind me so much of my xh. BTW, stepping off the coaster will give you a whole new insight to life. The burden will lighten once you've moved and settled into your new place.

The end of August is just around the corner and school will be in session once again. I do hope that you and your family are doing well. Please stay in touch. Hugs to you and the boys.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #1819681 08/15/09 08:59 PM
Hi Miss H
It is good to hear from you. You sound good and strong.
I return to school this fall for my last semester. But I still have my professional development year to finish in fall of 2010 to get my teaching certificate.

Take care. Your life is moving forward in a very positive direction.

mermaid #1819717 08/15/09 10:17 PM
S
S
Your story sounds similiar to mine.

My wife is nuts atm and I'm already ready to move on - its been about 3 months of madness.

I am frantically worried about the kids - did you get full custody ? How have they handled it ?

steve_73 #1819759 08/16/09 01:11 AM
C
C
MissH

It's so good to see you posting and updating us. Thank you.

You sound soooooo good! You've found that spot in your life..acceptance. And it's made a world of difference in your outlook. You go girl!!!

I had to kind of smirk when I read about your Hs reaction to the house selling or not. Mine was the same. He wanted it sold, but then when an offer came in, he kind of backpaddled. Said he didn't care when it sold. Then he wanted to accept a lower bid. I held out for a higher one, and it worked. Thank goodness it was sold before the market turned really bad. My mom had her wonderful house on the market for more than 2 years! Ours was just a fixer-upper, and the buyer happened to be a young construction guy who didn't mind finishing what xh started but wouldn't finish. LOL

Again...you're doing great, and that makes all of us thankful.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible
Creed #1819787 08/16/09 02:46 AM
D
D
Hi, MissH,
I'm really glad to hear how you are doing as I had wondered from time to time! I'm glad to see that you seem to be doing okay, even though your X is obviously still on the MLC crazy train. Hope those cute little boys of yours are doing well!

Things are as usual here on the boards...old-timers coming and going, farther down the road to detachment and a better life while still dealing with the latest crises; new people coming here in the throes of despair, and us longer-time posters trying to help them, with mixed results. The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess!

Hope you will keep coming back to visit sometimes!

Peace,
Dawn

Me 45/H 47, no kids
Together since 1985; M/1992
Bomb1 (EA-OW1, age 22) 2001
Bomb2 (EA/PA-OW2, age 22) 10/2007, A continues
H left 11/24/08
minimal contact, no legal action
http://tinyurl.com/DawnHope1
P
P
Hey MissH,
Glad you posted. You sound really good. Sorry you're going through all this crap with the house and rending and stuff. Did the Jersey thing fall through? I assume the courts wouldn't allow it?

Anyway, keep us posted.

Married 9 years
Kids 5 and 6
Bomb 2006
H back and forth for a year
M now back on track
T
T
Give us an update Miss H

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

TRUSTING #1835313 09/10/09 02:52 AM
C
C
was thinking of you, you sound great smile blessings your way and hope you find a great place to make it your own)))))))))))))

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
cat03 #1837161 09/14/09 11:12 AM
B
B
Hey there!!!

Somehow I missed this thread.

You are sounding good!!

Can you believe Fall is here, and the weather is getting cold again...blech!!

(((hugs)))

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard