Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
OP Offline
D
Well, the locking fairy was hard at work last night, it seems, and long overdue! I had 151 posts on my last thread, and there were some people who had over 300, I think!

I think this is only my third thread, even after a year and a half on the forums. Here's the last one:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1659934#Post1659934
Let's see if I can make more short(ish) posts instead of a small number of ridiculously loooooooong ones!

Not a lot to report today; I am trying to get some work done and wondering if I will have time to see any fireworks this weekend, and whether I will have any company to do so. My pool liner is in really sad shape, rippped almost end to end, with patches giving up inexorably, one by one, and I am trying to decide what to do about it.

I am gaining little (sometimes big) insights regularly, mostly things that make me go, "Duh!" The latest is that among the few definite things that I could actually get out of H that he wanted to see from me, was for me to get my website up and running (and therefore obviously be serious about my business). I have let the excuses run the show there and it still isn't done, even though I've had plenty of time (years!). Even discounting the possibility of how that might make my life better independent of anything he does, what does that say about my commitment to making things better between us? No need to swing any 2x4s; I am doing that to myself quite painfully already. If anyone has bright ideas on overcoming procrastination and tardiness that seems to be deep-rooted in one's personality despite every effort to kill it...please let me know.

If you have an hour or three, I would welcome comments on my last couple of posts on the previous thread (although some of that was just me journaling and rambling, sorry about that).

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes, both here and in the alt world! You guys rock!

Peace,
Dawn

Me 45/H 47, no kids
Together since 1985; M/1992
Bomb1 (EA-OW1, age 22) 2001
Bomb2 (EA/PA-OW2, age 22) 10/2007, A continues
H left 11/24/08
minimal contact, no legal action
http://tinyurl.com/DawnHope1
D
D
Sorry Dawn, I am a procrastinator, too. Just have to push ourselves, I guess.

Hope your birthday was a happy one!

G
G
Happy 4th Dawn. I have no suggestions for procrastination. I am a bit of a procrastinator myself. I guess you could try making a list and crossing something off that list each week.

H asked me to clean my closet this week. Does it really matter if it's clean? He is so focused on the things that just don't matter. He likes to pride himself on how neat and organized he is. Well who really cares. It always made me feel inadequate.

Oh well don't have to worry about any of that anymore.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
D
OP Offline
D
Hi, BM and Glam, thanks for posting to me! And I always appreciate the good wishes!

Sounds like we could start a "Procrastinators Anonymous" group right here on the board...but would anyone ever get around to joining? wink

Glam, your H wants you to clean your closet? Excuse me, but are you kidding me??! Does he live with you? Is he going to have logistical issues if the closet doesn't get cleaned? Does the state of your closet, in fact, make one iota of difference in his life? I can't imagine that it does, all things considered. Therefore, what is really going on here, do you recognize it? C-O-N-T-R-O-L!! And that doesn't even touch on the revelations this week, and how he has absolutely no grounds for lording it over you after everything he has done (maybe that's not his attitude, but that's what I see in his actions). Just send that man to me so that I can smack him senseless! I would be tempted to say, "Sure, I'll clean my closet...as soon as you learn to keep your pants zipped." mad sick

Okay, I had a little glowing-eyes moment there, but I'm fine now.

My pool liner is totally falling apart. I'm on the verge of washing my hands of it completely. Anybody have $2500 they want to donate to a good cause, namely my GAL activities facilitated by having a functional pool? wink Okay, just kidding, I'm not actually looking for people here to give me money.

I think I really am insane. Who voluntarily starts work at 3:30 a.m.? Yeesh. Going back to work now.

Peace,
Dawn

Me 45/H 47, no kids
H left 11/24/08
G
G
Oh my gosh Dawn, I had my laugh today. That was too funny what you wrote for me. Thanks I needed a laugh today. Life can be so incredibly painful at times.

Life will be different now for my h and I, but in a good way for me. I can finally let go and live.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
D
D
Hey Dawn, we could post stuff we want to get done and then harass each other to do them. Might work.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: glamgirl
Oh my gosh Dawn, I had my laugh today. That was too funny what you wrote for me. Thanks I needed a laugh today. Life can be so incredibly painful at times.

Life will be different now for my h and I, but in a good way for me. I can finally let go and live.

Glam, always glad to be of service! wink

Originally Posted By: beginnersmind
Hey Dawn, we could post stuff we want to get done and then harass each other to do them. Might work.

Sounds good...I wonder if that would be a good topic for a thread of its own. What do y'all think? Procrastinators Anonymous thread?

Working, working working...right now I'm doing names on little pink envelopes, on a slant, in white ink, for seating arrangements for a wedding that is a week from now. I'm about to fall over--I am going to have to get some sleep before I pass out. I am nuts with my procrastinator's schedule.

Peace,
Dawn

Me 45/H 47, no kids
H left 11/24/08
D
D
I like the idea about the thread. I'll try anything to get moving on things - except actually getting moving - I guess - LOL!

K
K
I'll join the procrastinators club too. I am actually trying hard to be on time with the orders I get and get the paintings ready the night before I have to deliver them although I take the orders 10 days before frown (Just finished one!!)

Hang in there Dawn!!
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
D
OP Offline
D
Okay, folks, seeing that there is some interest here, I have started a thread here in MLC for those of us who want to overcome procrastination. Here it is:
http://tinyurl.com/ProcrastinatorsAnon
Everyone go check it out and add your two cents' worth and help each other out!

I finished the pink envelopes and other stuff that went with them, and delivered it all today. My client was really thrilled with the results. Then I started work on addressing envelopes for another wedding client. I have about 12 hours' worth of work to do, it's 3:15 a.m., it needs to be there by the close of business today (so about 14 hours from now), and I am so tired that I fell asleep in my car in a parking garage before I could make a 20-minute drive home this past evening. I have my work cut out for me. wink

Thanks for checking on me and posting to me!

Peace,
Dawn

Me 45/H 47, no kids
H left 11/24/08
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard