Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1793675 07/03/09 12:04 AM
T
OP Offline
T
This is a question for those of you who have had a spouse come through MLC and the fog has lifted or for anyone who has been in MLC themselves. When they are in MLC, are they aware of it at all? Do they realize there is a "fog" and that their behaviors are so not normal?

I am guessing no, but just wanted to hear it from those who have experienced it firsthand.

Also, looking back after the fog has lifted, are they aware of the strange behavior they had?

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
T
OP Offline
T
Also, was it a gradual lifting or a sudden ray of sunlight?:)

Previous thread
job Offline
They are aware that something is wrong, not quite right. Some will admit that they are depressed at the very beginning of the journey and others will not. They tend to be more sickly w/illnesses that doctors cannot locate, etc.

Just as the fog settles in gradually, the fog will lift gradually. It's not a sudden ray of sunlight. I would suggest reading up on depression and how the symptoms are described. ADs tend to help, but they are not the cure all that some think they are. It helps them cope and live a life, but depression hurts all that are around those experiencing it and it takes a long time to figure out how to manage it.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
F
F
It also seems that some poke their heads out into the light for short periods of time, only to slip back into the fog too. It's a in and out type of thing.

I think that they are aware of the behavior after they are out, but they will not remember many of the crazy things they have said or done. They do remember enough to realize what they have done though.

Don't stand still.
job Offline
trapt,
Those peeking out times are called "moments of clarity". Yes, they do peek out from time to time, but not for long periods of time. Some do remember quite a bit of what they've done or said, but others, don't remember much of anything.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the insight. I see more and more of my H acting "normal" lately but of course it is still mixed in with MUCH of strange or "bad" behaviors. I guess I just need to sit tight and try to not think about it too much and keep taking care of the kids and myself.

I haven't done a whole lot of reading on depression and MLC. My H has days when he acts down or just generally in a bad mood though he never says anything (actually, doesn't really talk much at all on days like that) so I suppose there is definitely a component of that in there.

So do you suppose maybe they slip their heads out in the moments of clarity, decide they can't face reality, and then slip back in?

Previous thread
S
S
Hello
For me in my MLC boat, I'm sitting in the section where it was a glimpse of my H, then the alien came back. But then the next glimpse was an even bigger one, but then the alien came back with an extra eyeball or another ear or maybe a new fang. So this last glimpse started almost a month ago now. But this time, I had learned more from the other previous three glimpses.....and this time, I have remained nice, but not hopeful in front of him. I am supportive, esp. when the crazy hits which isn't often but it does hit hard. I have stopped getting into fights with him and I've learned to let crap roll off my back. I always wonder what would have happened if I had been able to listen to the old timers here and really put into practice what they told me to do as soon as I got here. It took me a while to get to this point.

M-34/H-35/S-4
Bomb-11-08
OW confirmed 12-08-OW ends 6-09
D finalized 4-10
Stronger=Happy
T
OP Offline
T
I had to laugh at your description of the alien coming back with an extra eyeball, etc. That is EXACTLY how I have been feeling.:) It will come back sometimes worse than it has been for awhile. My H can flip flop so quickly between alien and "normal" it makes my head spin. Actually, obviously it is HIS head that has been spinning. I try to IGNORE as much as I can but it is hard . . .

Previous thread
S
S
Good Morning
Can you tell me more about your situation? I can't find your thread......

M-34/H-35/S-4
Bomb-11-08
OW confirmed 12-08-OW ends 6-09
D finalized 4-10
Stronger=Happy
T
OP Offline
T
My "main" thread is found at:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...381#Post1796381

I haven't yet tried to figure out how to link the thread at the bottom of my posts . . .

Previous thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard