Wow what a great article!!!
You deserved such a wonderful write up.
Enjoy your retirement.

P
P
Barb
I want my copy signed.
You rock girl-friend.
The new dance group will never do what you have done with the dancers.
They will never accomplished a relationship with the dancers, as you did.
To them it is a job.
To you, it was and is a passion.
Thanks for sharing your love for dance.
Wow what a memory you will have forever.
Love Ya
Pam

R
R
smile

O
O
What creeps Barbie -- so sorry that things ended on such a sour note and way to go moving forward with a smile smile

DD3 started ballet/jazz/tap all rolled into 30 minutes last night!

Best,
Oldtimer
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all your good wishes. It was hard to go through the nasties from work but I'm getting past it. I think I'll be ok on Sunday though I do feel I may have some tears as the memories come rolling in.

Have spent the past 2 days posting photos on display boards. That is a good way to stay on track. So much to smile about.

I just ran out to get some KFC and ran into a former student/assistant who had gone out on her own a few years ago (and failed) but who I heard is involved with the new studio. But I put the olive branch forward and we had some sweet words and even hugs. She seemed surprised that I was not bitter and relieved for it. I think she might have some good things to say about me to the others. At any rate - my behaviour didn't hurt.

So tommorrow I'll host 50 at my house for our family reunion then the retirement is on Sunday. Josh invited me to Toronto after that for his sister and nieces birthdays and then I'm back to the cottage. Good stuff!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Well I survived my Retirement Party! And it was truly wonderful. Many came. Many did not. But it did not matter. The feeling was good and some of the absolute right people showed up. One girl I hadn't taught in 32 years!!! Another who was in my top 3 of all time, who used to babysit my kids as well but moved out of town. She came! And even the mom of one of those who left me recently to open the new studio. She is horrified by her daughter and asked her not to even tell her about it. She was recital helper mom for 25 years! I won't forget that. She brought me flowers and the most wonderful sentiments in a card.

The mayor came and presented me with a gift from the city. The Member of Parliament came as well with a custom designed certificate - I had taught his daughter. We laughed, we cried, we hugged. The guest book is filled with memories.

Today I got a call to go to the MPP's office. The Premier of Ontario honoured me with a certificate! I can't even believe it!

It won't last. I will be unemployed now. But I'm having the last laugh. And for today - I'll bask in the after glow.

Back to the beach. Let them have their dance studio. They have no clue....

Barb

I guess I am now 18 mo behind LOL - nice to see some old-timers posted (even tho 18 mo ago) - I see the email (that I used to post under my LSL signature is gone and no longer allowed - which really stinks since I have tried to email many of you and your emails are obsolete - so I am still at hotmail if you wanna catch me - I feel like I fell off the face of the earth the last few years!
Faith, Hope, Love
LSL

W
W
Congrats Barb! It's wonderful to see the contributions you made to your community recognized and honoured. May your retirement just be the beginning of new page of adventures and contributions. Hey, speaking of retirement, yesterday I went to the church I've been attending for the last month to drop off a load of books. I've been cleaning out my bookshelves and thought it a nice idea to contribute some useful things to the church library. The Pastor was there and asked me if I was retired...OMG I'm only 52! I guess the fact that I was there in the middle of the day made that a logical assumption...or at least, that's what I'm choosing to believe!
Once again, CONGRATS!!!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
Hi Barb

I don't come here all that often but I enjoyed reading this thread. I hope that you are well and enjoying your well deserved retirement.

Much love x

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Wii and Mojo,
I am enjoying retirement very much. I actually retired last year - LSL pulled up my old thread but I still appreciate your good wishes.

Wii - funny you mention 52. I was 53 last year when I retired and Josh (who is younger than me) plans to retire at 52 - few more years yet.

My retirement plan was to live up north in the summer and down south in the winter. Josh and I bought the lake house a couple of months ago. I just arrived back there now with my 2 kitties for their first visit. After next month's visit to Florida - I will be moving in. Now to see about that Florida condo... well - maybe after I sell my house and cottage.

Life is grand! You just have to have the courage to accept the things you can't change.

Barb

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard