Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
P
Sunny Girl
Great news, that your Dad is going to be OK.
I am sure it scared you to death, being away from him.
Now try to relax and enjoy your time at the cottage.
Take Care
God Bless
Pam

K
K
Pammmieee!!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
That's wonderful news, thanks for taking the time to come back and update, know you have so much more on your mind...but we were worried, and wanted to know.

Will continue to pray that he makes a slow and steady recovery. And yes, from experience with my dad, his energy will be sapped for awhile, so make him take it easy.

Blessings,
BA

Barb, glad you're back!
Thanks for letting us know about your dad...so glad it was not as bad as it could've been.

HUgs!
Valentine

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

W
W
So glad your Dad's OK! Keep us posted smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your caring thoughts.

I have been staying in touch with my siblings and my dad. I guess it is paying off to know so many people well in my hometown. I got in touch with dad's dr (personal friend) and we chatted about his needs and how to get dad to "get it". It went well.

Dad has his appt booked with our head neurologist (again, a personal friend). I will go home in order to take dad to that appt. next week.

And today his physiotherapist came for the first time. Someone I've known for years - a client of mine whose daughter also worked for me. Doesn't get much better than her. She will see him again next week - day before the neurologist so I'll be there for her visit as well. She feels he is doing so well that she might only have to attend to him once more.

His 24/7 care for a month is now only for a week. And dad is in much better humour than he was when I called last night.

I am so grateful.

And as a side - Josh and I finally had a hot, sunny day and spent the entire day on the beach. Came up to make a wonderful dinner and great wine. Yesterday we took a friend of mine out for her birthday at a sushi bar nearby (Windermere House). That was wonderful. Came back and did steaks on the bbq.

Life is great. Just realized that Josh has spent more time at the cottage than Chuck ever did. How interesting is that?

One more thing - my daughter called to say that Chuck agreed to pay 1/3 of her tuition to her private Nutrition school. He had refused to a week ago. I am so pleased because it is a lot of $ for me to pay on my own.

So things are looking up.

Barb

R
R
Barb - SO happy to hear all the good, no great, news!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Donna! It seems to all be falling into place.

Josh left this morning to go back to the city. He had to see a dr then back to work. He will be working in Toronto again for several months at least. This is better than flying weekly - that was a drag!

It is still much cooler here than normal. At least it is sunny - but hardly the July we were hoping for.

I'll be heading home in a couple of days for an unexpected visit. Will take my turn looking after my dad and taking him to some appts. It will be Ryan's 30th birthday on Saturday so I guess we'll have a small get together.

Life is quiet now for a bit. This is just what I need.

Barb

W
W
Quiet can be good!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
OP Offline
S
Yes Whatisis - just me and the call of the loon. Ahhhhh..... lovin' it!

Barb

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard