Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1785524 06/18/09 07:27 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I decided to start a new thread for new updates.

We are finally getting married! In August. We are going to Hawaii, getting married there, staying for 2 weeks, and I just can't wait.

A quick recap: we've been together for 5 years, engaged for 3. This is a 2nd marriage for both of us. I have two grown kids and he has none. We've recently (about 6 months ago) been able to put to bed a lot of relationship issues we previously struggled with. Now that those are behind us, I'm feeling really confident about getting married.

We have a rockin' sex life, and it just continues to get better. (Can't wait for the special honeymoon sex we've got cooked up).

My current update: I was laid off from my job on May 31st, but I knew it was coming and was prepared. I have several home remodeling projects still going on, so I have been very busy these past couple of weeks. However...I have also enjoyed having time to plan my wedding, work out and get a tan going (I'm one of those who will burn in the first 5 minutes, so I have to have a decent tan before I ever get there or I'll pay the price in a big way), cook for my fiance (a rare occurance before, but lately I've been spoiling him), spending extra time with kids and friends!

Strangely, I've spent LESS time on message boards!

Financially I am ok for a couple of months while I take this time off and decide what to do next...this is an exciting transition time for me...

But I am here and reading nearly every day, so I hope you all know I'm reading your updates even if I don't post.

Cheers!

DQ

DanceQueen #1785536 06/18/09 07:41 PM
M
M
Let me be the first to say "Congratulations!"

I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you. Take care and keep in touch.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
MrBond #1785571 06/18/09 08:21 PM
L
L
And how!

I wish we could hook up a "DQ-cam" in the wedding gown so we can all witness the ceremony.

Maybe we could all go undercover. We can be hula girls, beachcombers, Polynesian dancers... Baggy in a grass skirt.

LG nm12 #1785579 06/18/09 08:29 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: LuckyGirl
....Baggy in a grass skirt.

Some fantasies are best kept to onesself, Lucky....

Congrats DQ! Can you say "Humuhumunukunukuapuaa"?

-- B.

[it's the Hawaiian state fish's name.]

Me 50, W 45, M for 26 yrs
S25, D23, S13, S10
20+ year SSM; recovery began Oct 2007
Bagheera #1785586 06/18/09 08:42 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Aw, thanks y'all!

I will try to have someone video the ceremony, and may post it for viewing depending on if it turns out "share-able" or not. I'll keep you all posted.

And the only Hawaiian word Mr. DQ told me I need to know is "kummoniwannalaiya". (eyes rolling) And the best part is, he says it with all the delight that a 12 year old boy would the first time he hears it, EVERY TIME.

He is normally very classy, until a word full of sexual innuendo comes along, then he turns into Beavis and/or Butthead. Do they ever grow out of this?

I've decided to marry him anyway, but when does the relentless boy-teases-girl stuff ever stop? (I'm grinning...I actually love it....he's so freaking FUN...and he gives me lots of points for taking the constant hazing like a champ).

Thanks again everyone!

DQ

DanceQueen #1787430 06/22/09 08:32 PM
S
S
DQ,

Congratulations on the Wedding Fixture!

Also, congratulations on losing your job. I mean it! - I think with your life experiences, knowledge, skills and compassion - you are meant for someting much better, that helps people in much more fundamental ways. Writing? Life coaching? Counselling? Keep us posted on whatever it turns out to be.

I've been "off the radar" recently because frankly, with a 7-year-old, a 1-year-old and a need to sort my own career out, I've been feeling very overwhelmed, tired and rather LDP (low desire for posting)!

Having said that, posting does help my balance and spirit, so I will try to post a bit more often - maybe even put up some pics of my W and kids.

S&A

"A man can be destroyed but not defeated" - from The Old Man and the Sea, by Ernest Hemingway.

Which I take to mean that every man has within him a spirit of relentlessness and optimism. Its already there; he just has to cultivate it.
Strong&Alive #1810355 07/29/09 05:40 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Finally an update...we are leaving for Hawaii this Saturday, and getting married next Tuesday the 4th! :0)

All the plans are laid, everything is paid for, all the details are arranged, and my groom is happily telling everyone who will listen about our plans! He is so sweet.

I likely won't post much until I return, so I'll check back in as a MARRIED woman at that time! Also for some of you who I have email with, I'll have pics for you, of course.

Thank you all for your continued well wishes and the tons of help I have received by being part of this message board.

I have had a great couple of months off work - planning my wedding, getting fit for my bikini, getting tanned so I won't burn the first day I get there, getting relaxed and mentally ready to take on marriage, getting prepared and buying stuff for special honeymoon sex (takes a whole extra suitcase just for the sex clothes and gear, LOL!) - but likely when I return I will have to put all my effort into getting a job again. Sigh! It sure was a nice summer off, though! At least when I come back to reality, I will be all happy and warm and fuzzy and happily married to the man of my dreams....

Cheers!

DQ

DanceQueen #1810373 07/29/09 06:08 PM
S
S
Sounds awesome! I'm jealous of your man getting a whole suitcase worth of gear lol.

Seriously, congrats DQ. You deserve it. I wish you all the best. Have a WONDERFUL time!

SF

Spellfire aka Mike

"Women do not like controlling men. They respect and are attracted to men who control themselves. They ultimately are repelled by men who allow themselves to be controlled." -S&A
spellfire #1810403 07/29/09 06:51 PM
S
S
Congrats DQ!!

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through