Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
I can't believe it is two months since I posted.

What a treat and a joy to see all you posters from the "old days" come out of the woodwork. It is so funny how I feel like I know so many of you, even though I wouldn't recognize you if you walked into my living room and sat down!

I've had not so much luck in the new love department. Went out three times with a nice man who seemed to like me, but really we have nothing in common and I couldn't see it going anywhere.

S and I had a very nice summer, travel wise. We took a Rhine River cruise and spent a couple of extra days in Amsterdam. Tra la la, I do love to travel.

School starts again for me week after next.

S16 is going to be homeschooled this semester. For a variety of reasons. I've done this before and worked full time, but he was a lot younger (and so was I!) The good part is as a homeschooler he is allowed to enroll in some of the community college courses. Oddly enough, I predict he'll do better in the CC than in the public high school. The lucky child, he is enrolled in an acrylic painting class that is capped at four students--it's like having private lessons for 16 weeks.

So I am giving myself pep talks about how much energy I can muster, and saying my "one semester at a time" mantra. For purposes of maintaining our mutual health, we won't be tackling math this semester. Merely English, AmHistory, Economics and Science!

In the meantime, I've learned that X and his new wife have bought a condo over here in the beach area. This brought up some sh** that I didn't expect, and I can't say I'm responding well. At the risk of sounding childish, I wish they'd stay the he** out of my county!!! I learned this from S16 of course, any takers on if or when X will actually tell me?

Anyway, that felt good to get it out.

Wish us luck in the homeschooling. I'm going to read threads and see if I can learn about some of the newbies.

AH

S
S
Hi AH,

Thank you so much for your post. I just read most of your old thread - very helpful, as I'm going thru the D process right now - especially the back and forth and back and forth with the settlement crap. I wonder if your H is really happy now?

Good job getting your S into an art class. I'm very passionate about the importance of arts education.

Thanks for your encouragement and I hope you'll visit again soon!

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

B
B
Hey, Peggy, thanks for the update and dragging up my old thread. Posted a reply to you over there.

Out three times?? Dang, you go girl. I met a man in a restaurant bar in NYC last time I was there and struck up a conversation about...what else...baseball. We were both pulling against the Yankees. He was very nice, professional guy (a lawyer), nice enough looking, interesting, clearly devoted to his family. And although I enjoyed talking to him, and was really proud of myself for being able to talk to a male, non-family member for that length of time (and even dusted off some of FriendlyOne's tried and true tactics), I was beyond relieved that I could head back to my apartment knowing that I would never see him again--whew! Just not ready for that.

So three dates?? That would scare the bejabbers out of me.

I'm glad you love to travel. Your travel sounds lovely, so glad you and son got to do that. Work travel has me down on the whole concept in general, I have to say. Let me stay at home, where I can keep an eye on my dogs and 'maters, please.

Good luck with the homeschooling. Hope this storm doesn't mess you up. Hope your ex's new condo has a bullseye on it...you know, just enough of one that maybe he gets stuck with a hefty assessment for cleanup...

besos,
BA

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard