Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1772755 05/25/09 01:16 AM
S
OP Offline
S
So I went to pick up Ross tonight from Carrie's house. My heart just about sunk as I saw a motorcycle out front and it looked like OM's bike. I thought she had finally pushed that door open and had him at her house when I picked up our son. Not the case......

It turns out that Carrie has bought herself a motorcycle. Yep, the STBX is now a biker... why not I guess...... Just never in all of our married time did she ever even mention wanting a bike... ever.

She still has not seen Tawny. She did find out about the homeschooling this past week and went off on me quite severely. She said I never even mentioned it to her, but I did.In February I told her it had to be done by March 20th and if she had any issues she needed to discuss them with Tawny's therapist. She even said to me in one text, "My point is that you didn't even tell me. I want to know why. That kind of behavior by you damages any chance I have of repairing a relationship with her."

She said several times that she had asked me about it and I said she was still at the high school. This is a bold faced lie. Carrie and I hadnt even talked about Tawny at all since that conversation in February. It kind of cracked me up, I mean what kind of parent doesn't know for 3 months that her kid is in home school. It basically means that she has not spoken to any of Tawny's teachers in 3 months. She has not checked with the school at all. She has not asked her daughter.

Her parents were in town this week as well. Her dad, whom I used to refer to as my dad, treated me like a leper. He was very cold and distant. Her mom I never even saw. Even when I picked up Ross they didn't come out and say hi or anything. Carrie has them so snowed that they treat me like the bad guy. If they only knew all of the truth........

Anyway, life just keeps moving on. I can barely look at her when I do see her as she is just so absolutely disgusting to me at this point. Her failures as a mother just sicken me and her constant blaming of everything on anyone but herself is just messed up.

So, school is going well. The new job is working out just fine. The kids and I are doing great together. Just one piece of this puzzle yet to be resolved and I am hopeful that one day it to will be taken care of.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

P
P
Ian,

I'm so sad for you. (Putting my arms all the way around you and hugging you real tight). \:\(

poet

A
A
Hey buddy ..

How do you feel about YOU ? Remember.. the person you can control.. him ?

All that I have read is certainly not good .. but YOU ?.. I remember when the xw printed out a ton of MC stuff at work and brought it home and I found it when I was a snooper. Ah.. those were the days.

Today she showed up at the disabled house to rake leaves.

Hang on man.. and be seated behind the locked bar !

Tom

C
C
it's the il's loss, what a shame...

Glad to hear that you and kids are doing great, best not to think about how the x's parenting is lacking, one could go mad! lol, let's think about our future and how can we make it better for us and our kids.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
E
E
Quote:
Her parents were in town this week as well. Her dad, whom I used to refer to as my dad, treated me like a leper. He was very cold and distant. Her mom I never even saw. Even when I picked up Ross they didn't come out and say hi or anything. Carrie has them so snowed that they treat me like the bad guy. If they only knew all of the truth........

been there..done that....

I finally decided...screw em....there are far better people for me to develope relationships with...ones that last..

K
K
Hi sofaraway. Just noticed you started homeschooling? Is that right? I homeschool my 2, at least for the time being. How's it going??? Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Karen, yes my D15 is being home schooled. My S12 is not however, he thrives in the school environment.

For my D15 (Tawny) it has been a wonderful thing. She has thrived on the self motivation factor. She loves that once she grasps a concept she can move on and does not have to wait for an entire class to "get" it.

She has been more productive around the house, making better grades, and her overall attitude has been 100% better. For someone who used to be very skeptical of home schooling I can now report that I am a huge advocate.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

K
K
Glad to hear it's going well. I've been doing it for about 10 years now. Never thought I would but school wasn't a good fit for S15 at all. He's a mix of gifted and lds and autism spectrum. He was crying every day and stomach aches and just miserable. Begged us to homeschool, and I have a teaching degree and was a sahm. I started tutoring him basically in kindergarten and then more in 1st grade, and they wanted me to tutor him in basically everything by the end that year, so figured why pay private school tuition for nothing but grief.

I think it depends on the child and the parent too, but it can be a great thing. My H right now has been pushing for public school in FL where we live (little to no special ed here). The court ordered evals of the kids and my D9 just told me, mom I found out I'm not a good speller or writer. Love that standardized testing. I told her our family learns at different pace than many, which is true, my son jumped up a couple levels of reading in middle school, now reading adult level, and just did the same in writing this past year. D9 is the same. Oh, well....

So what kind of curriculum do you use??? smile Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
A
A
Ian ( Man hug with back pat )

How are you.. YOU doing thru all of this stuff ? It is a long haul is it not ?

I just wanted stop by your sitch and say hello.. been thinking about you and others here.

I think I need to purchase more pretzels these chips just wont work for me.

Tom

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: attorneytom
Ian ( Man hug with back pat )

How are you.. YOU doing thru all of this stuff ? It is a long haul is it not ?

I just wanted stop by your sitch and say hello.. been thinking about you and others here.

I think I need to purchase more pretzels these chips just wont work for me.

Tom

Yo Tom..... how goes it for you buddy. Of course I am doing..... It's a crazy long haul.... what can you do.

I am still married, crazy as that sounds. She doesnt push things through because she doesnt want her child support to go up to what it should be. I don't push it through because I just cannot afford to. If I had the money, this would be over with.

We don't talk unless we have to and then it depends on what we are talking about. If it is Ross, we are civil. If it is Tawny, she is a raving lune and still blames me for her crap. I just ignore it, grab my pretzels, and move forward.

I am not dating anyone right now. I did for a while and it was nice. Right now I just don't have the time or energy to add that to my life. I am busy with work, school, softball 3 nights a week, and the kids. I think that adding a woman to that mix right now would just about drive me to start smoking crack crazy

Anyway, I think I am comfortably at a place where my life just moves on, day by day, and I try not to get to far ahead of myself anymore.

I do speak to Ty every morning as I always have. We both start work at the same time so we talk on our way in to work. He is doing great, he hardly ever has pretzels....... So, we all wouldn't mind a little update on what is new in your world AT.......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard