Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1750495 04/11/09 03:39 PM
Kman Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there-

Haven't been around for quite a while (except for 1 or 2 cameos), so I thought I'd drop by with a little update so noone thinks I'm dead, fell into a hole, etc.

Overall, things are going pretty well for me. My company is one of the few that is not only getting by in this economy, we're actually doing well and growing - something I really appreciate, knowing that there are many out there who can't say the same or who have already been affected/laid off/otherwise screwed by the current downturn. I'm in a new role for our new FY (which began in March), and enjoying it. Things are looking good there.

On the military side, I got promoted late last year and am once again looking at a currently slight but potentially growing chance that I might get called up again - it's a small blip on the radar at this time, but something I have to keep in mind as a consideration no matter how slight the chance. I wouldn't be upset about it mind you, it would just more difficult logistically this time around without a spouse on the homefront to take care of things back here. However, I'll jump that hurdle if and when it presents itself.

On the personal front, I dated a girl off on on over the past year, she turned out to be somewhat batsh!t crazy, so we parted ways - but on the bright side at least I didn't marry this one.

Staying in touch with a few of my old board buddies, Swashy was in town last week and we went for beers, and I'll see Ian and company in a few weeks in Memphis - definitely looking forward to that as well. And, spending a couple of weeks in San Diego in June for my 2 weeks of reserve duty, so that'll be nice as well.

Oh I've been running a lot also, several 10Ks and did a half marathon a few weeks ago. Full marathon is probably not going to be happening anytime soon however.

Overall, staying busy and enjoying things - despite being a little constrained by waiting to see what may happen as far as my military duty. For example, the housing market is prime right now especially if you don't currently own (I am a renter post-D), however I don't want to buy a place if I'm going to be gone for a year, that sort of thing.

So, for those of you I know - I hope you're all doing well and sorry I haven't been around; for those of you I don't know - it sucks being here at first, but I will be the first to tell you that life goes on and it gets a lot better. The wounds are never gone completely (at least for me) but they heal up pretty well with a minimum of scarring - if you make that happen, since it probably won't on its own.

Anyway, Happy Easter to everyone (and Happy Passover to Ian and the Jew crew), I hope you have a great weekend and great spring!

Later-
Kev

Last edited by Kman; 04/11/09 03:48 PM.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"God alone decides the contest; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel."
-Adm. D.G. Farragut

Kevin-38; XW-36
M-2.5, together 4
Bomb-1/6/07; D-6/27/07
Kman #1750498 04/11/09 03:59 PM
Hi Kev,

I don't know your sitch, but I am glad you have enough in your life to carry on. I went thru a D in 1997 - it was difficult for me, even though it was amicable. We had no kids, and we basically just parted ways. It still took some time for me to recover. I was really looking forward to meeting that someone special. Well, 2 years later I did, we married, and have 2 beautiful children.

Well, now my someone special is a WAW, possibly some MLC thrown in, and I survived a 90 day restraining order (I thought I'd be the last guy on earth with one of those - I even work for a law enforcement agency as a civilian employee). My atty says they hand them out like candy, I and know others now who went through the same thing. Yes, they do hand them out left and right. I thought I was the model husband, but I guess my WAW would argue that. She has some emotional issues, which I had been ignoring or just blind to over the past few years. I just didn't think they were anything big to worry about, yet they were HUGE issues to her (yes, I fully understand that now!) If I only had that time machine....

I'm DBing like heck...and hoping for the best. I'm doing it for me, my girls, and my W.

I understand about the logistics of deploying - I was a member of the US Navy for 6 years, and I had my 1st W back then who stayed home to take care of things. (BTW I was an Aviation Electronics Tech and worked on EA-6B Prowlers. Lots of flight deck time!)

Best of luck to you. Also, thanks for your military service.

Me: 46
W: 46
M: 9.5 yrs
D4, D9
D filed by her 11/3/08
Agrees to try rec at mediation 1/28/09
Says she still wants D in counseling 3/25/09
W and I back in DB counseling (!) 8/20/09
3rd Bomb 9/2/09
S
S
Well that's just Peachy that you would drop in and give an update my old friend.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone and can't wait to hang out. Lookout Beale street

Anyway, glad you came and updated. it is good for folks to see that life does go on even after the dance ends.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Kman #1750508 04/11/09 04:56 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: Kman
On the personal front, I dated a girl off on on over the past year, she turned out to be somewhat batsh!t crazy, so we parted ways - but on the bright side at least I didn't marry this one.

Damn, she told me her and I were exclusive! Beeotch!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard