Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
V
OP Offline
V
Previous Thread: Wandering Poster 50 - The Half Century

Well, hugs to all, food and drink, and spring sunshine!

I haven't been writing a lot lately, for things moving so quickly, nothing is happening!

The refifinancing of the house went through, and W signed the disclaimer deed. So, it appears that I am the proud and sole owner of a house, and the mortgage to go with it! The purchase of W's house is moving slowly, but I think it will pick up soon. Because it is a forclosure sale, there's an extra party that has to be happy (the other bank), so there's just more red tape.

W has started packing things up. She said that as she packed the stuff in the china unit she took her best guess at what "belonged" with each of us. And that if she goofed we could take care of it when she unpacks the stuff. She's also bought a vacuum cleaner. We are still getting along better than one would have imagined. Yesterday she called and told me that I should pick up some projectile insect spray, as it looked to her like some bees were taking up residence in the patio ceiling. I sprayed this morning, and I'd have to say she was right. One of the kids said they were dropping like flies!

We had dinner at W's parents' house last night. I got there after the others had left, as it was a school night, and I was at work a little late, and then picked up the spray. Anyway, her dad was talking about W, and started to refer to her as such, and then stopped. I said something like, "It's ok, she still is..." I think that they know that W can be hard to live with. Though they would never say it, I'm sure. I think it is not going to be hard to continue getting along with them, whic is nice, especially for the kids.

I need to start the paperwork in motion to actually get the D moving. I am sure that she won't do it, and I guess that's ok. I think in her mind this was my idea, and I should be the one taking care of it. It's not worth arguing over. The end result is the same.

Like I said, nothing is happening.... it's time to change that.

Hi Jeff, have to say you sound ok ish and that's good. It has to be a good thing that you and wife are getting along so well. Civility and kindness goes a long long way and so much better for the children.

I have just found my missing cat(lost since Sunday) and my son has just got a job so a glass of bubbly for me please-if that's not too greedy.
I,ll raise the glass to calm waters for you 'til this is all over and that fantastic new life beckons, take care.

(((())))

K
K
I was about to send the Red Cross our for you!! Seriously, I didnt like you being quiet, I thought you were having a hard time...?

The usual for me, a margarita, strawberry...
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
OP Offline
V
(((((naej)))))
I'm glad you found your cat! I would sure miss mine! Bubbly sounds like a good way to celebrate!

(((((Kalni)))))
I think I will have a strawberry margarita with you!

I am doing ok, just feeling quiet. I guess maybe catching my breath. I really believe that this is for the best, at this point, but that doesn't stop it from being disappointing.

I haven't been posting much to anyone else, either. Maybe I feel a bit unqualified, considering where I'm headed! But I will get over it. \:\)

J
JCJ Offline
J
hmmm, I think I need a shot of vodka! I've missed you round here Jeff \:\)

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
D
Hey Jeff, you are a success story - look how far you've come and what changes you've made. So, we all need you here.

I am sure it is disappointing - you've been married so long and have children together.

I pray that one day you will find someone deserving.

I would like something chocolate please! Oh and some ice cream.

V
OP Offline
V
(((((Julia)))))
I miss being around here, too. I have to figure out the right balance!

(((((Donna)))))
It is disappointing. I think that's a really good word for it.

I made a key lime (well, really limequat) pie tonight, will that do?

I guess I need to tell my family pretty soon. W has set herself up on FB, with the older kids, her brother and sister, a friend or two from here, and a cousin as friends so far. Oh, and somehow my sister found her! So, it's pretty easy to see that someone is going to say something, and it will blindside my sister, who will then blindside my parents. So, I think I need to do something about that pretty soon!

S
S
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
So, I think I need to do something about that pretty soon!

Do whatever you think is best for you. Just wanted to see how you are holding up...miss you.

No matter what you think, your advice is always qualified. You almost singlehandedly restored my faith that there are still wonderful caring men out there, I just haven't looked in the right places yet.

(((((hugs friend)))))

M:39
H:39
K:S14;D8
T:22yr
M:15yrs
S:12/28/07 EA/PA
3/14/08 OW preg
11/17/08 born
12/12/08 his
~~~~~~~
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option

V
OP Offline
V
((((((Corey))))))
Quote:
No matter what you think, your advice is always qualified. You almost singlehandedly restored my faith that there are still wonderful caring men out there, I just haven't looked in the right places yet.

Wow.... I cant say much more than that. If your H can't be one, I know you will find one that can!

I'm holing up ok, really. W said the other day that we were getting along better. She said she thought showed that we had really tried enough. I think she may be right about that. The kind of getting along isn't anything like reconciling, it's more like cooperating, and working together towards what is best for us, and even (especially) for the kids. I'm sure they must be feeling the reduction in stress, too. And that can only be good.

N
N
Hi Jeff,
I'm glad things are calm with all of the changes your family is going through.
I'll take a pina colada, please!

me- 42
H- 51
married 11 years
D-9, S-9, D-3

bomb 4/07
h moved out 8/07
h moved back 4/08

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard