Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
W
Holly

H may have wanted sisters to walk, but with no success. Or maybe now that he is less focused on OW, he is free to see this graduation opportunity as something that should not become a missed opportunity.

It is good that he discussed it with you, and included you. However it may end up meaning little more than he needed your help convincing her to walk. Doesn't mean it won't turn into something more, by surprise.

The best part is that she will have this experience and you will both be there to share it with her. That he and OW are currently breaking up does not mean they won't continue to bounce in and out of addiction to a hopeless R. Who knows? Be glad their drama is their problem. Be glad for your girl. Be good to yourself.

We're all thankful for the blessings that you receive and hope they continue to grow in number.

H
Holly06 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Was,
I do not think so.. D 22 did not tell TJ any conditions for her participation in graduation, HE professed that to me, all by himself.
Today, D22 also revealed that TJ offered to come and move her home (to my house) That would be 2 trips in 2 weekends. He has never been to see her at college yet. ??????
He is reconnecting with the kids.
Regardless, this is GOOD.
I also know this man. He is setting this all up,
He misses ME.

I know I could be very very wrong, but I really do not think so.

Bomb 1/06
D dismissed 11/07, attempt reconciliation. Premature.
Divorce final October 31, 2008.
OW looks like bad history. Over.
Still hopeful. Baby steps.
In R with my X.
Holly,

You have very good instincts so I think I would trust my gut if I were you.

Congratulations on daughters grad. My son is also walking next month, although he has a few credits to complete. His school only has one grad a year.

Good luck to you. I have been praying faithfully for you and TJ.

Everything happens for a reason, maybe Dad needs to find that it isn't better out there, he needs to realize how good he had it here. Maybe he will find God and that is the most important thing when he finds Him he will know he is supposed to come home.
A
A
Hey,

Just thinking about YOU sister.

Tom

H
Holly06 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi few,

It really is good to hear from you Atty! I think of you now and again, especially when in Akron! I got to eat at the Diamond Grill? What ever the little shack is that has the most amazing steaks.
I had a visit with my SIL yesterday. To clarify, it is TJ's sister. I found out some things that I hope comfort those who think that the OW is having the life you were suppose to live.
OW is moving out Wednesday, and SIL was sure if one more thing neg. affected TJ is would crash him in. He and OW had an ugly break up. I do not know what, and she would not say (I did not want to know) and TJ is very apprehensive about being alone, as that is where he will have to face his fears. I think fear is a good word.
It must have been very ugly, and TJ has withdrawn alot. Not too much contact with his family, at least not regularly.
I wonder if police were involved.
OW and TJ were in couples counseling. According to TJ he already had a failed marriage, and he has to give this a good shot.
I guess that failed.
He feels like a failure.
He is drawn to the spiritual side of life. Just a fledgling, but the basics are there.
They have not been before.

This is all God's hand at work.
I have aided this by staying far, far away. No blame or dirt has landed on me. I am grateful.
SIL can see this and is in supportive of me. She still prays for TJ and me every night. I believe for the restoration of my marriage.
I am in capable hands.

For those of you who are spiritual, make no mistake this IS God's work. If you can focus on yourself, and take the high road, it will give HIM the opportunity to do HIS work.
Step aside, and pray.
I have heard that this is a spiritual battle for our lost one's soul. I believe it wholeheartedly. You have to use spiritual weapons to combat this ugliness.
I do believe that the battle for TJ's soul will be won, and if he does win that battle, then I will rest easy. I will be more peaceful.

He knows about becoming a grandfather, and his reaction was favorable. He contacted his family right away and seem joyful at the news. I do know this is a good thing for TJ and D24, but I expected it to topple him over, and his happiness? Does that mean he missed his family?
Because now that OW is gone, our daughters are rewarding him with attention. The have committed to a 4th of July weekend with him, and I think he will have a better relationship with them. I am thankful for that.
SIL is encouraging me to stay in touch with the family. Graduations, and visits to MIL are in the future. I have made it clear to her that I am avoiding TJ but if God has other plans, I will be open to that.
I have found refuge in God's will. I hope this for TJ too.
I do have hopes of putting my marriage back together. I think I see evidence that TJ misses our family?????
I still love him.
I have that love safely boxed up, on a shelf, but I know where it is.
So thanks for posting. Same phone number Atty. One of my fondest memories is that tacky interview we did, pretending to be notorious, and very very raunchy.I am not in touch with Friendlyone, but hope you are?? Sorta kinda? Maybe the touch that means phone calls, or whatever?
Love to have an update on you. Hope your life is full and those kids are doing well.
Take care, hope this helps those who think that Michigan has greener pastures. Not.

Bomb 1/06
In R with my X.
P
P
Holly thanks for posting
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
P
P
Originally Posted By: Holly06
Take care, hope this helps those who think that Michigan has greener pastures.

Greener pastures? More like our own version of the Great Depression, but otherwise things are good up here. ;\)

Great to see an update. Hope that you are living and enjoying life to its fullest. Keep praying and keep living!

A
A
Well.. when in Akron call me, eh ? (330) 867-530.. oh wait that isnt right... okay ((330)883-2920.

I have lost contact with J btw.. not sure where to contact her. I need a house makeover though.

Tom

H
Holly06 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have a bit of an update as well.

TJ's other woman is gone. His sister updated me a little.
TJ says that this is the end with her. When asked if he will be going to HOuston, he said he has no plans to, but he has learned to never say never. He said this move was a transition to the end.

TJ sent me a text 1 1/2 weeks ago. Haven't had a text in 9 months, we have communicated by email, on a have to basis.

He included me in a text that he sent the girls regarding his mom. She has been put on hospice care, and time is short. Her lungs are not able to handle the pneumonia that she is suffering from. She is so frail.

I arranged to have a dr. appt on Tuesday, and took the pm to drive 3 hours to see her. She knew I was coming, as I have had increased contact with his sister lately.
I am blessed to be able to say that she is still praying for us.
I had a nice visit, and went to see headstone for FIL too. That was a nice added bonus.

TJ went to see D in Charlotte this weekend. To my knowledge, this is the first time he has been to their home. I can tell he is trying to keep busy.

I got a text again today. First holiday greeting since my bd in July. He wished me a happy mother's day and our mother-to-be is doing well and showing!
He text me the minute he got free of SIL and D at the airport.

I think this is real progress.

I have responded both time, thanking him.
In 6 days I will see him for the first time in over a year.
I got a killer dress......
Just a little nervous.

I know the drill, hope for the best but zero expectations.....

Bomb 1/06
In R with my X.
W
W
Congrats on many positives in your life ... killer dress eh.
Sorry to hear about the MIL;it can be a very sad, painful, and emotional situation for everyone. You are wonderful to share your care and concerns. Best wishes for the mothertobe, and the grandmothertobe too!

Glad the end of the OW is leading to better relations with the girls, and don't forget to update more later.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard