Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
S
Hey Karen,

A lot of nun names have Mary in the front like Sister Mary Angela, or Sister Mary Elizabeth or even Sister Mary Kay. I had to go on a class trip to live with the nuns for a week so I remember that one - we all thought Mary Kay was funny. Then there is Angnes - thats a really "nunny" name - wasn't there like Agnes of God?

Now see this is the kind of advice I can sink my teeth into!

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
No contact order ~Dec.9,08 and again October 13, 2009
H
H
okay, as a professional Catholic, I can give you some good ideas.

yes, nun names often have "Mary" at the front of them. Classic examples: Sr. Mary Clare; Sr. Mary Frances. You could go for the exotic: Sr. Polycarp, Sr. Euphrasia, Sr. Theodosia. The male names often signalled a particularly stern nun--Sr. Edward, Sr. Thomas, Sr. Francis Borgia. If you want movie nun names, there's always Sr. Bertrille (the flying nun), Sr. Luke (from the Nun's Story), Sr. Luc-Gabrielle (the singing nun), Sr. Benedict (from Going My Way).

If you don't care for any of these, I'm sure I can come up with more!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
K
K
My favorite nun, because she is a saint, is Sr Bernard. She is Saint Bernadette. She saw a lady(a vision) in Lourdes, France. Even though she has been dead for over a 130 years her body shows very little decomposition and she is "on display" in Nevers,France. I just bought 2 medals of the Lady of Lourdes for my niece(that has cancer) and for myself(to heal my heart).

Good luck finding a name. \:\)

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am so stressed out tonight. It's really hitting me: the foreclosure, new job tomorrow, finding somewhere to live, the play and all the Latin songs (I know I shouldn't be worried about that but am). I'm feeling like I've got way too much on my plate!

I got a letter from the bank re: foreclosure and it says if you pay half what you owe and something about maybe being able to reduce the payments or interest or whatever. The interest now is at 5.5 though so don't know if that could change. Do you think there is any point to calling them to see if I could work out something with them or just cut my losses like H has done? I just feel crappy about going through foreclosure, I live in a small town, leaving the house where we've been living for some time now. It's just feeling like too much. Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I need it!!!

Also, just to add more stress H usually drops off the child support/alimony check every other Sunday and was due today (he got paid Friday). He didn't. So now I guess I have to email and remind him or something? Karen

Last edited by karen43; 03/02/09 02:02 AM.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
I suppose you could send him all the bills to take care of but then you don't know where you will stand. Are you able to pay half with what he gives you and the part time job? It would be worth looking into I think.

Break down the pieces of the plate. You are where I was about a month ago. Let go what you can't control and focus on the things at hand. You can do this hon. Stay focused.

Hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
N
N
How do you solve a problem like Karen?
How do you hold a moon beam in your hand?
\:\)

Seriously, though, the banks are all probably overwhelmed with the current financial crisis. The droves of foreclosures and loan defaults are probably staggering, so they're likely to do what they can to cut a deal and minimize their losses. Have you contacted your lender directly or considered a meeting with them to see what your options really are? I would think they'd want to work something out.

Hang in there. I still hate the loss of my own home but it couldn't be helped. In the bigger scheme of things you need to think of yourself and your kids first. You'll make it no matter what.

((((Hugs))) and blessings.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
S
S
I think if the bank is suggesting that you only pay half and they will reduce payments interest excetera it makes sense to at least see what they will offer you. I know I live in a completely different market but because of a change in interest rate and increasing the term just 3 years I was able to assume all of our debt(around $25,000) and the current mortgage and the payments are only going up $13 every 2 weeks, that is making it a larger mortgage, imagine if you cut it in half and increased the term - it might be doable and you can stay in your house. I just think its worth a listen.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
No contact order ~Dec.9,08 and again October 13, 2009
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I will contact the lender tomorrow. It won't hurt to see what they say I guess. And if it could be worked out I would feel like I dodged at least one bullet! But if not, I know I'll be ok. If H doesn't pay the child support/alimony (it's been ordered by the judge) what do I do about that? I'm either going to have to pay the mortgage co. a sizeable amount or a first/last month and moving truck so I'm going to really need it!

Btw, D9 told me H's apt. is full of furniture now: one of his friends gave him an apartment full. I'm thinking OW most likely.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Notify your L. You don't need to deal with him unless it is the kids stuff.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
H
H
Yes, Karen! Contact your mortgage lender and see what can be worked out. I am in the middle of working out a forebearance repayment thing myself; they want to work with you if at all possible.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard