Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Fellow DBers,

I wrote the following in my blog about the selling the house I bought with exW:

Quote:
A Bittersweet Day
As many of you know, Wifey and I will be moving into the new house on Friday. It is a bittersweet and emotional day. I have faith God will be there to walk me through all of it. He is so very faithful.

By selling the house on Bellewood, I am closing the final chapter of the darkest time of my life. When I purchased the house back in 2000, I never would have dreamed I would be selling it under these circumstances. Yet, things unfolded as they did. I am not dwelling on those events; rather, I am acknowledging the selling of the house for what it is. It is an ending.

By buying the new house, I am moving into a bigger version (Grande River) of my dream house, the Catamount by Engle Homes. It is a fresh start for Wifey and I as individuals; it is also a fresh start for us as a married couple. This is a wonderful blessing God has given us. I am so looking forward to getting settled in; I can see us reading books in front of the gas fireplace on a snowy Winter day. I look forward to the adventure that lies ahead!

I am just journaling this here as well. After two years, I have become numb to the intense pain of what happened with my exW....

Praying you all find God's best....

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
C
C
I havent read up on yr stich, but I have a question for you.

Do you still have very strong feelings for XW?
How does yr feeligns for new W differ?

Is it true that having someone else to fall back on makes it easier in all aspects?

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: chicki
I havent read up on yr stich, but I have a question for you.

Do you still have very strong feelings for XW?
How does yr feeligns for new W differ?

Is it true that having someone else to fall back on makes it easier in all aspects?

chicki,

Please feel free to read my sitch overview at the following:

Dodo

How do I feel about my exW? Well, I had waited almost four years to be with her. I loved her when we got married. I can honestly say I loved her more each and every passing day... I told her that all the time... What I finally realized was the woman I loved was not who she really was......

I love my new wife. However, it is a much more cautious and jaded feeling. I do not know when that will change. It is what it is......

I do not think having someone else to fall back on makes a difference. You still work through the pain on a daily basis. This morning, I was reminded of this when I had a client appointment across the street from where exW worked. I remembered picking her up for lunch...

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 11/13/08 06:25 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
K
klm Offline
K
Quote:
I can honestly say I loved her more each and every passing day... I told her that all the time... What I finally realized was the woman I loved was not who she really was......

Wow NMD....this is how I feel. I am starting to realize the part about the person I loved was not who xh really was.

Congrats on the new house...although I know the bittersweet feeling all too well. You are very wise NMD....and I don't thing that caution is a bad thing. I think going through the things that we have been through can make us much better partners in the future.

Kris
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: klm
I think going through the things that we have been through can make us much better partners in the future.

klm,

I wish we all could have done this and skipped the pain and heartbreak.....

NMD

R
R
Yep, NMD.....you and I would have wanted to learn these lessons WITH our partners. But they chose another way.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard