Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
K
K
Hi Cinders, Sorry you had to hear the OW. I hope you have a great day today!!

Kissak

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3
M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Came and went too MANY times!
Gone again 10-25-10
Hi Cinders, found BND's post interesting especially in light of another thread on being best friends with the WA's.

"Friendships have to be mutual, which means that it is give and take. Unfortunately some just take, which is what I meant by being "sucked dry".

I guess helping them out when we can esp. for our childrens sake is being kind, not to be confused with a friendship.
It does not include being disrespected,abused or a doormat or listening to them when their new relationship hits troubled waters.
I think we all choose our friends with greater care after going through something ike this.
((()))

M
M
Hi Cinders!!

Haven't been here much lately. What--their new house???? They have a house now and are fixing it up????

Hugs to you and the kids.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
T
T
Hi Cinders,
I understand that you hurt when you hear OW' voice.

I guess you will also have some snow in the next few days. I wish you a lovely week-end and have a good time with your kids. (((HUGS)))

F
F
"well, he didn't know her grandma for that long and I suppose it's quite natural if someone dies in their sleep at 80 years of age"

Yes, but he didn't offer her support. Doesn't matter if you don't knwo the person--it's about extending support to the OTHER person.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

A
A
he wasnt that supportive of her becoz it states clearly in the MLC manual.....its all about them (him)

Me 53
H 51
OW 25
Bomb may 06
left june 8/ 06
ILYBNILWY (twice!)
7/6/07 H wants to come home
7/21/07 H comes home
7/07 -7/08 long haul letting go of OW
now piecing in earnest

for what it's worth Cinders, I love reading your posts and threads. They are so positive and you have come a very long way. YOU are truly an inspiration for how to carry on. Your voice and your actions and your thots ooze kindness and great care despite the troubles and sadness you've been thru.

This is what God would have for us to be in His world. Thank you for being such a wonderful example by just being you.

brue

I'm alive, I'm happy - why shouldn't I tell the world I've got my head screwed back on just fine.
Life is good for the Brue!
S
S
Hey Cinders,

My heart melts every time I hear that song! It's one of my favorites right now.

About hearing OW in the background, I have to say that I am guilty of making sure I say something to someone - anyone - when I know my H's ogre is on the phone with him. Of course, I'm the W, and not the OW, but I do do it somewhat maliciously. One of the little pleasures I get in life (it's only happened twice in over 2 years...). Childish, yes, but she did, afterall, steal my H.

My point is - don't let it bother you. Everything she's doing with him - he's already done it all for the first time, with YOU!

I imagine it must be hard accepting that they are moving in together. Seems like the infliction of pain never ends whenever they take another step away from us, but I know for me, it does get easier each time. Hope it does for you too.

OP Offline
Dearest Friends,

Thank you so much for your caring and loving posts. I assure you however that you give me too much credit for the way I act towards H.

He came by today at 4pm, he helped me with the pool. It was fun to do an activity like that together again, made me remember that we used to make a great team.
He was supposed to pick up D7 from a party and then take the kids home with him, but we ran out of time a little, so I went to pick up D7 whilst he was doing some chores around the house..then when I came back, I gave him and myself some wine and we had a nice little chit chat. It was a warm fuzzy feeling to have the whole family at home at that point...the kids doing their own thing and us sitting at the table having a good conversation over a glass of wine. Made me wish it may one day be possible again...

So I prayed to God, begged him to help H find his way home.

When they all left, I went about my own business, and to be honest I have become quite capable of that. I like being home alone again, I no longer feel too lonely.

Thank you all again, for always caring enough to drop a line !

I am ever so greatful ! \:\)

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
OP Offline
By GOLLY, it's white outside !!!!!! It's snowing !!!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)

I got home just in time....kids still have to come home though..I sent H a TM asking him to please drive carefully ...he answered..'of course'.

So I've lit all the candles and the house is lovely and warm and cozy...can't wait to have the kids back home ! xxx

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard