Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
G
OP Offline
G
Ok h called early this morning. It was a pleasant suprise. I actually had just woken up. It was nice to hear from him.

He was driving on a business trip. We chatted for awhile about his work.

I always never know how to read this one, but he says what are you plans for today? Hmmmm didn't really have any, so don't know if I should say I have none or lots of cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping etc.

I really just wanted to lay around and do nothing. It is my day off. H asked me to do the kids laundry. That is fine. I don't mind taking care of things that he ask me to do.

H sounded in a good mood, way better than earlier in the week.

My sis called today and is coming for Christmas. This is fine, I hope that h will still show. The last 2 years h has been MIA. In the past he says he doesn't want to be around his family or mine.

I felt like I just couldn't say NO sis don't come this year. I am really all the family she has close by and she has been coming every year for the past 5 or 6 years. So I said book your flight.

Not sure how h is going to take this, but can't really think about this now. In many ways, I can't wait until the whole holidays are over. I think we put too much emphasis on them to begin with.

H said he would call later today and let me know how his day went and then he will be here on Sunday.

Last edited by glamgirl; 11/09/08 12:02 AM.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
B
B
Quote:
My sis called today and is coming for Christmas.

GG,

Ummm.......IF your Husband doesn't want to be around family, and the two of you are "piecing" don't you think you should be asking him for his opinion about this BEFORE you agree to allow your Sister to come?

Now what if he says he wants to be alone with "his" wife and kids and nobody else for Christmas? Will you be prepared to do a 180 and tell your Sister that your plans have now changed?

This is back to Head of the Household stuff...making his opinion count...2nd chance at a better Marriage, etc.

If you are given the blessing of a 2nd chance at this Marriage, then the Husband/Wife relationship supercedes any other.

Sending hugs

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
G
OP Offline
G
BND yes that is exactly what I was thinking. I just didn't have the heart to tell my sister NO. She has helped my h and I so much in the past. She also has been so supportive of my h in crisis and has called him the past 2 Christmas's and asked h to come on over and forget the past.

I just wasn't prepared to say NO and the flight she got was real cheap, so she needed to book that today.

I just feel caught in the middle. I love my h and my sis and really wasn't sure what to do.

If she hadn't come every year in the past, it would not have been that big of an issue, but she comes every year and in the past h encouraged it and has always picked her up from the airport.

Probably not good piecing tactics, but I couldn't do it. My sister has been good to me and I want to respect her wishes too.

Well we will see what becomes of all of this.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

B
B
Honey...breathe!!!

A little piece of advice for you...

I want you to have a very humble and gentle heart and go to your Husband and tell him what happened, and BEFORE he has a chance to say anything negative...apologize for not discussing it with him first.

Watch his reaction.....

You will be surprised.

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
G
OP Offline
G
Ok so h just called and let me know how his day went. I then said h my sis called today and would like to come visit for Christmas. Would that be ok?

I mentioned how she could get a cheaper flight and that s20 and I were going to help her with the cost. H said that was fine.

I was shocked, but that is what he said. That is fine. Now I didn't ask if h would be joining us, just let it be for now.

Then he said he was looking forward to the delicious meal I will be preparing on Sunday and he said he was sorry he couldn't talk more. He said he is exhausted and has a splitting headache.

I told him I love him and he said it back. It was a nice convo.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

B
B
yay!!!!

G
OP Offline
G
Yes BND Yay! I do like your tactic about apologizing not discussing with him first. That would be a 180 for me. I am going to keep that in my hip pocket and pull it out when I need it. Thanks.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

U
U
Hi glam-
I tried to find you on fb but couldn't. I must be doing something wrong when I search for you.

Sounds like lots of positive movement from your H lately. I am so happy for you and I hope it continues. It is nice that your H is okay with your sister spending Christmas with you. My H is supposed to come over on Thanksgiving (we will see if it happens) and my mother will be here. He hasn't seen her in almost 2 years so it could be interesting.

Hey if you are ever serious about a spa weekend, let me know. I could meet you in the middle in the wine country. It could be fun!!!

M
M
Hi GG sweets! Glad you talked to H and it went well.

G
OP Offline
G
Oh I would love to do the wine country thing. We should meet in No Cal. Maybe we can plan something in the New Year.

I am on FB with my real name and my same e-mail address if you still have it. I think I still have yours. I could send you an e-mail.

Yeah I have NO idea what the holidays will bring. My h hasn't seen my sis in over 2 years too.

I hope your h shows on Thanksgiving. Are you a little nervous on how that might go?

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13