Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
W
OP Offline
W
OK, this is serious. I've just realized that Valentines Day is fast approaching and I haven't got myself anything yet! I'm really in a bind here cuz I want it to be a really special gift but I just don't know what to get myself. I don't want to get myself something practical, like a vacuum cleaner, cuz I might actually use it! Chocolate would just add some inches to the waistline and then I'd be nagging myself endlessly about it. I was thinking about some sexy lingerie, like red Fruit of the Looms, but then it would just mean more laundry to do. How about a new watch with an inscription "Love will keep us together". All I know is that if I screw this up I'll be sleeping on the couch. I can be such a bitch sometimes. Any ideas out there DBers?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
I'd recommend a nice spring bouquet ( no roses - too commitment like)from a local florist, and a bottle of champagne (the real stuff, not that bubbly chardonnay stuff from Calif. or Wash. state) and a rented or purchased DVD movie for the evening (not a chix flick, something where guys blow stuff up, car chases etc). Drink the champagne through a straw while watching the movie. By the end of the movie / bottom of the bottle, you won't care, you made it through another V day. Of course you may wake up on the couch, 'cause you passed out, but at least you didn't screw it up!

F
F
Do these jeans make my butt look big?

W
OP Offline
W
OK, here are my plans. I'm gonna take myself out to a movie but I will make it absolutely clear that we are there for the movie and no funny stuff, touching is out! Beforehand, I thought we'd go to a romantic little place for dinner but I'm gonna keep it a secret until that night, I want to surprise myself. It's gonna be great! Hmm, should I pay for dinner or should we split it?
Btw,FLTC your butt would look great in any jeans!
GB the straw part was really classy...should it be a bendable straw?

R
R
No, one of the wacky straws with all the loops in it!

As for me, I am seriously buying myself flowers. If I don't love myself, who ever will?

G
G
I agree with Donna, although I did not think of same, loops & sprinkles on the straw(s! go for it - two straws!) (sprinkles on the top part, don't mess with the champagne!)
FTLC, agreeeeeed, jeans, tight ( I cannot help it, I've always been a leg and @ss man - above the waist has always been for me - whatever; legs and butt, I'm there).
V day we're doing Las Vegas. Private helicopter tour of the big ditch (Grand Canyon), champagne lunch on the canyon floor, finish the evening at Mon Ami' with another bottle of champagne (no sense messing up a good day with more food). Flowers are already ordered for check in Friday evening. Maybe wander back home on Monday or Tuesday.
ooopsy, just booked the flight back for Tuesday late.
Eerrrmmmm, Sniggggerrrs.
I AM surviving the big D, just as every one else should.
You all deserve it, and you know it!
Have a great V day, what ever you do.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks GB, you have a great day too!
I'll be heading to my church for a movie, it's called Fireproof and it's about a couple that are heading for the big D but somehow turn it around. A romantic tearjerker! Wow, maybe some of the single women will be there and I can catch 'em when they're most vulnerable LOL.
Well, tonight I went out and did some grocery shopping and then headed next door to the Drug Store to pick up some V Day stuff for my daughters. I walked through the door and standing five feet away from me is Coffee Buddy with her daughter. They were looking at some item near the entrance and I just walked on by. I just in an instant realized that approaching her was not something that does me any good, in fact, it brings back sh!t I don't need. They didn't see me so no harm done. It actually felt quite liberating to decide that I didn't need to talk to her as we have nothing really to say anymore. Polite crap is fine but I'll pass unless it would be rude to do so. I don't need that connection anymore. I guess that's a good thing. Little steps!

F
F
wii,

Sit on your left hand until it falls asleep. You'll feel like you're with someone else. It will make your right hand INSANELY jeleous! You go drama queen!

The "Coffeebuddy" thing is frustrating. She could have been a "Gymwoman", but she wigged out on you.

Last edited by FLTC; 02/14/09 01:40 AM.
W
OP Offline
W
Yes FLTC, wigged out is an interesting description of her behaviour. Probably ditching my ass was the best thing she could have done for herself, we were becoming too cozy together and she had a R to protect. I understand that. But it was also a blow that came at the worst possible time for me and it damn well hurt! So I guess when I see her now I am not remembering the caring and the empathy, I'm remembering the hurt. I just don't want to stand around feeling strange because I don't know what to talk about anymore. The only thing we discuss is our kids, end of conversation. She never asks how I am or how I'm finding my apartment and she never tries to prolong the conversation. We're barely even acquaintances anymore and I just can't be bothered doing that. It probably just brings up negative stuff for both of us. I don't run into her very often but that connection is no longer one I wish to prolong. I used to feel that it was "adult" to stop and talk but maybe it's just plain stupid. So, unless it's unavoidable,I'm not doing it anymore!

B
B
"Fireproof" is a cool movie --- nice story, although the acting could be better. Good movie for V-Day. \:\)

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard