Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
A
Puppy,

Glad I'm reading this post, that's the most succinct even you've ever been... ;\)

Quote:
"YOU need to ______" = CONTROLLING

"I need _________" = BOUNDARY

Now, even I get it... without a 2 X 4.

-AlexEN

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
P
P
Glad I could be of service. \:\)

P
P
garry,

Know what I find most amusing? That your wife indicated her intention to move back and even said the date. What about what you want? There comes a time where you do have to express yourself. I loved Puppies wording. Write it down and memorize it just in case. But no, don't have any relationship talk unless she actually tells you she wants to move back in (I've heard that before....it was only 10 months later that she actually moved back).

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
G
OP Offline
G
Thats what I told my MOL too.That this has to go all her way and I just have to accept it or get move on.
I know I am still skeptical about her telling her Mom she was coming home and setting a date.It is a date though she knows where I will be on training for about 10 weeks so I wont be home.
How do I act if she does move in and I am in training do I call every day of still let her initiate.
What if she doesnt move in?

H
H
Garry, until your W comes to YOU and tells you she wants to move back then accept as a fact.
Don't obsess what you cannot control right now. She has not even told you yet and you are already thinking ahead saying "should I call her everyday". One step at a time. She might change her mind 12 times since she talked to her Mother. Keep in mind that they are still in a fog and their minds are all over the place. take care

Me 53
H 50
D16, D29
M 22 years
bomb 7/08 INH - alien pod replaces H
8/08 - OW (direct report), I work there also
bomb II - H moves 10/1
expose ow 10/22
D to be final 9-09
G
OP Offline
G
that is true,shouldnt get my hopes up

P
P
Garry,

yep, you shouldn't get your hopes up. I tried to express that my wife told me, to my face, "I'll probably move back at the end of the month"; it was ten months later, and post-D before that happened.

And if she does move back, don't call her every day...keep letting her initiate most. You'll just smother her and drive her right out again.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
G
OP Offline
G
thanx for the advice,what should I do if she doesnt move in while I am gone go dark,since it will be alot easier with me out of state for about 10 weeks.

G
OP Offline
G
Had a rough nite last night but made it through the night without calling her.Could no sleep just all this is getting the best of me.must be one of those days.How can someone do this to another person and call it LOVE?
Have to stay focused though and keep my hopes up and try to stay strong.Can not get my hopes up to high and get let down at the end.
When does the pain stop?

P
P
Garry, I hate to tell you this, but this is going to take several MONTHS. For some, even longer.

Have you considered talking to your doctor about possibly getting on some ADs? They really help.

Puppy

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard