Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I needed a new thread, but honestly I am at a loss as to what to write. So, Jeff, since copying is the best form of flattery, I think I am going to take a page from you and just update.

But first, I want to hug Jen (((Hugs))) because I cannot imagine what she is going through right now, and to tell her that she and her D are in my prayers every day. Love you Jen.

The bankruptcy is finally complete, and I am amazed at how much less the creditors are calling. I do get my car back, finally, tomorrow. H has been great, and I have talked to him almost every day. Small steps, although in light of the circumstances of this week, I have begun to appreciate those little things more than anything. H is taking me to get my car tomorrow, and I am going to make sure he knows how much I appreciate all that he has done for me.

Job is great, and I will know in 9 days whether I will be permanent. Pray. It will be a little more stability in a very unstable year.

Yesterday was one year from the day H and I separated. He drove me to work, and although I am sure that he doesn't remember the significance of that day, it was a little fitting that we were not as chatty as we usually are. Just sitting in silence, a few words here and there, and I hugged him when I got out of the car. I am testing the waters just a little, every once in a while I kiss him on the cheek.

After what Jen has been through, I have wanted to just reach out to him and tell him how much he means to me, just so he knows, but I also know the timing is very bad. So I wrote him a letter, in my journal. I hope to share it with him someday.

Anyway, that is where I am. Not too much going on.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

M
M
(((Lola)))

All of this, losing our SO emotionally if not physically, does shake things up and make us think.

It's amazing what life can throw at us.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I may end up sending him an email over the weekend. Nothing mushy, but in light of all of this, I really do want him to know how much I care, no matter what the consequence. Even if he turns and walks away. Even if he pulls back, I don't ever want him to doubt that I will always care for him.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

M
M
((((((Lola))))))

Hope you are having a FABULOUS weekend!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
(((((Lola))))))

Happy Sunday!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
Hi Lola. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! My one year sep anni is coming up as well. Can't believe it's been a year. What growth! What pain!

Me 36
Husband 35
D5
S2
separated:
10/29/07-present
Served divorce papers 1/22/09
"When the world gives out beneath your feet, it is time to learn how to fly."
J
J
Hi Lola...in church yesterday they sang the prayer of Saint Asisi and I thought of you. I hope you're doing well.

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks guys. I have been taking a break for a few days because I had some soul searching to do. Everything seemed to be going so well, and then the DAM had to bring up the good ole' D word again on Friday, while I am sitting in the parking lot of the auction house where my car was. Says to me "Can we discuss the other paperwork?" Me, duma$$ says what paperwork? He mumbles the divorce.

Well guys I have just had enough. I love my stupid German husband, but I am honestly sick to death of dealing with this crap. He is so wishy washy. Just when we get close, he backs off. I am LRT...dark. Completely. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to talk to him at all right now. I am just angry. So he can kiss my butt. I emailed him, told him he could do his own homework. I sent him a quick email this morning to let him know....drum rolll please...for those of you not in the alternate universe I received a permanent job offer from the law firm I work for on Friday!!! I wanted to tell him where he could shove his insurance, but I was a little more eloquent. He sent me a "Congratulations!!" and I felt angry at that. I did not want his congratulations. I don't want him to be happy for me. I don't want anything from him right now except for him to leave me alone and let me heal.

Vent vent vent

So that is where I am.

(((Jen))) I'm gonna miss you, but will see you "on the flipside..."

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wait I forgot the best part!

I actually told the DAM that I couldn't see him anymore. Man that felt good.

V
V
(((((((((Lola)))))))))

Sorry things went that way. But it sounds like you handled things pretty well! Congrats on the job! That is great news!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard