Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
Kev:

I LOVE your new thread. Bets on how long it will last? Some banned posters are quite enjoying it too.

Anyone who travels north to the cottage and DOES work - gets a homecooked wonderful dinner - guaranteed!

I'm going to write that down. I live in wine country (Niagara) but don't limit myself to any one region. Josh used to live in Texas - he'd be interested no doubt.

We're going to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot in Nov. Could easily have it sent there.

I love sweet, dry, ice, late harvest - you name it - I'm a wine junky!

I'll let you know when I've scored a bottle for sure!

Barb

T
T
Barb,

Hope you get to enjoy that vinted Texas gold someday. They have a good Sauv Blanc too. Haven't tried the reds but I imagine they are up to the task as well.

I won't place a bet on the thread. There's no reason to delete. Just some humorous fiction to bring a smile at the total absurdity, which is where I dwell. In the absurd. It makes laugh and makes the poopy stuff in life not seem so heavy.

OP Offline
Laughter is the best medicine. I agree wholeheartedly.

Barb

S
S
Barb -

You are such an inspiration for me to know that life goes on much better after a D.

I never totally bought into some of what MWD says about saving the marriage for the sake of the kids. You and your kids are a perfect example that contradicts that. I hope that my kids and myself follow in your path of success following a D.

I feel blessed to have both a boy and a girl like you. I will find out in the next 10-12 years which gender is harder to be a father for. I think they both are going to have unique challenges for me.

Do you think they will ever do a Survivor Canada? They should do it in the Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavat in July so they wont have to use any night vision cameras since it is always light. Make each tribe battle it out for mosquitoe repellant!

F
F
Barb,

I read about the OW and your cottage. Ugh. My W.s parent had a house on Cape Cod. She told me I could visit it with the kids any time I WANT. Thanks, but how's never. Never works for me. As much as I loved that place (We went on our honeymoon there 22 years ago next week. The day BEFORE financial mediation). It does sound like you've found some serenity. Like me, you're a cynic. Whatever gets you through. I though smarmylawyerboss was a good name for the OM. You cut more to the chase with maggot. Love it. Pure, simple, unadulterated! OOPS. Bad word. Should be ADULTerated! Infidelity, along with bullies and religious zealots really top my list!

Buy my wine in a box these days. Quantity over quality.

Last edited by FLTC; 10/07/08 09:17 AM.
OP Offline
Thanks Kerry,

I am happy to know that my posts are appreciated. Makes coming back worthwhile!

I always thought the complete family was the ideal too. But being raised in the sixties/seventies that was the norm. Better to sweep it under the rug than let anyone else know that things inside your 4 walls were not peachy. My H suffered bouts of manic depression and my life at times was difficult.

I actually have 2 boys. My oldest, Ryan became severely brain damaged following a cold at age 4.5. I already had my second son, Brandon who was a baby. Years of tough times followed and the decision to have Ashley was difficult. But it was right for us, although I remember making H promise the M would last (we'd had some shakiness) and our baby cemented that commitment. Sigh...

Teens are difficult no matter what you do. No matter how great you raise them. This is where it can be very helpful to have her onside with you on important parenting issues and rules. I never shared custody. Ashley was turning 13 the week her dad flew. He did nothing to assist me following his departure. I did enable his visits (for both of their sakes) by driving he and her places as our M ended with a DUI. I have no regrets.

Funny what you posted about Survivor Canada. This morning a "Survivor" motel in town burned down. Never heard of it. There are mostly major hotel chains here. Surviving without running water at the cottage is as far as it goes for me. I do have the electric blankie, electric lap blanket, electricity etc. But in the frozen north - it would be a most dangerous Survivor. Finding food. Avoiding frostbite. YUCK - just thinking about it gives me the shivers. Still, beats snakes!

Have a good one, Kerry. I see your life getting better by the day.

Barb

OP Offline
Morning FLTC,

Sounds like you're moving to a better place. Thought I'd mention that because change comes slowly and you might not even be aware of it. I had a lot of trouble losing the anger and I see that in you as well. The horror, hurt and unfairness of it all can eat us up. But if we slowly start to let some of that go by refocussing on what we have, not what we lost - life goes on and WILL be better.

It is easy for me to write that now. But it took me a LONG time to get to this point. And my ex never did a thing to make it easier on me. I thought he would somehow get through his MLC and maybe be my friend. HA! No chance of that!

A maggot is a parasite. Her real name is maggie. Notice I never capitalize it. I don't feel she's earned that place of importance or recognition in my life. I took some flack here on the bb for calling her that. But I feel justified and call a spade a spade. My kids call her that too. (Well, they used to, now they don't refer to her at all). My kids have NO relationship with her. Son met her the first day we learned of her and confronted them both. When she tried to take out a restraining order on him - he knew she was someone he wanted nothing to do with. She was unsuccessful but H went along with it. That was only one month after he left. Some dad!

People used to tease about box wine. But now I think they realize its not a bad idea. In fact, I have a nice box of Merlot in the kitchen right now. It stays fresher than opening a bottle for one. I couldn't drink a whole bottle myself.

So here's to Box Wine!

CHEERS FLTC - today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Barb

OP Offline
Morning Friends!

Sunshine Day! We got some frost last night. Boo! But I'm working on winter vacation reservations. Yeah! It is supposed to warm up tommorrow.

Swamped with Catch Up stuff as I am finally home for a month. (On to Florida in Nov). Today I take Belushi to the groomer. He is so Knotty! And my lifelong best friend is on vacation so we're going to Red Lobster for lunch. Can you say YUM!

I need to hire a new cleaning woman. First I need to declutter a bit. My house is suffering from Miniature takeover. Adding 2 new dollhouses to the collection this summer has added to the confusion. But I am in my hobby glory. Still, every hobby needs control and mine needs a hand. So - I'll be working on that today too.

Life is good. I feel in charge of my world. I love my home. I love my kids. I love my BF. I love my pets. I love my dad, sibs, nieces and nephews.

Ahhh.... It's a wonderful life! LOL!

Hope you can find the good things in your world today. God only gave us one life - I plan to live mine the best I can.

Barb

K
K
Barbie,
Thanks for posting to me. Kerry is right, you are an inspiration to us that are still struggling (a bit, not too much anymore, thank God). My kids are my only worry at the moment, still too young (same as Kerry's). Somedays I feel depressed about what they will face in the future, sometimes I think if I do my best it will be enough. Time will tell I guess..
Thanks again.
xx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
P
P
Good Morning Barb
It has been forever since I have visited the board.
I see you are still Vacationing Barb and Josh is still your Ken.
You go Girly.
Wow the board has changed big time.
You were slapped on the hand every time you posted to Manisha.
Whats up with that?
In the old days we had to scream for a Moderator.
Now if certain people post to a certain person, they get slapped with that's a No-No.
Silly if you ask me.
I read you are getting ready to go to disney, next month.
Is this a working vacation? I know you have semi retired.
You will never really give up the dance school you created.
Hope all is well in your world.
Take Care
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard