Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
We have tendency to worry (rightfully so I feel) about ourselves here. But if we could just think of the positives of our family and what we have, we would be so much better off.

I have four children. Without them, I would be lost. One thing that kept me grounded throughout my divorce was those four children. They say the love of a spouse is greatest, but I have found that the love of my kids and my sisters has been the greatest for me.

I gave such benefits in this life because of these people. And then, there are my lovely girls here on this site. There are no better people.

So, with that in mind, I want to dedicate this thread to those who help us through. Be it our kids, our friends, our comrades in arms.

I can say without a doubt that although my kids are my heroes, they were not the ones who helped me through divorce. I can say without fail that the friends I have here helped me through that. I don't know what I would have done without this resource. It helped me make it through the toughest times. After all, I'm still here.

So thanks to all of you. Even thoguh so many of you are gone, so many are still here. We have such a great community here on DB. Even if we get censored, or moderated to death, it was a great resource to me. I hope it will continue to be such to the rest of you going through what we went through years ago.

All I can say is remember what's important. Mostly our kids, our family, and our friends.

Last edited by HappyToday; 09/20/08 02:20 AM.
HT,

I haven't been on in quite awhile, I decide to go check out things and lo and behold I find your thread. One of my many friends from this board who without I would not of survived as well.

Like you, I could not of survived if it weren't for the love and support of my two girls and my three sister's plus my Mom and Dad. I was truly blessed at that time and still am.

But, I can honestly say this board helped me make it through the toughest times...............some of the people here I've met and some I haven't and yet they were all such an important part of my survival. And to me that's just what it was survival.

I might not come here as often, but it is still a place I know I can go to and still see my wonderful friends and they will still understand.

I hope all is well with you Happy, please keep in touch.

Love,
Friend

Happy and Friend:

One of you I've met, one of you I haven't (yet). Without the board I think I'd have lost my mind. I was a total aching, wallowing mess until I bought Divorce Remedy and had some hope. Then I came to the bb (nearly 7 years ago).

There was ALWAYS one of you here to listen and support or set me straight and hit me with a 2x4. That was ok. Sometimes ya gotta hear the truth. I could not have managed without you.

And my children. God Bless Them! They suffered along with me. Brandon the most as Ryan did not understand and Ashley was younger then and we didn't tell her things that might hurt her. She learned things eventually (like about maggot and such) but some other things were better left unsaid. Above all, I tried to keep her R with her dad alive even though it was TOUGH! She and Brandon both chose never to meet or have a R with maggot and that will not likely change. They have been raised with good morals and values and they want no part of that. It hurt them very much when she announced their engagement and Chuck never even told them.

Throughout, I have been supported by family. My parents who HATE divorce found it tough but they stood by me. Losing my mom right in the midst of it all (the same week I got divorced!) was so hard. But that is life I guess. My younger sister was going through a lot of the same as me and she has been great support too. Funny thing - she ended up working for H's divorce attorney. How funny is that? My brother was also great by stepping in to be a dad to Ash at times as Brandon has also done.

I adore my family. They are first in my book. You guys are next. I love you all!

Barb

OMIGOSH!!! I need a box of kleenex, please. ;\)

I've commented to many people (real ones) how close some of us here on the board have become from sharing our experiences. They just don't get how that can happen with people you've never met. But, I "know" a lot of you better than I know some of my "real" friends. We've gone through things together that others can't even begin to understand.

I always recommend this site to people having problems in their M. I feel like it saved my sanity (some tell me otherwise). Yes, I get aggravated at times with the censorship and other things but.......it is what it is, for now.

Of course, my parents, siblings and real life friends have stood by me and picked me up when necessary also. My D was the catalyst for finally throwing X out because I wanted her to know that allowing someone to disrespect and mentally and emotionally abuse you is NOT ok.

So, hooray for all of us here that survived this awful event and are living happier and healthier lives!!!!

qoe, Barbie,

How are you both? I hope well. Nothing really new here, my grandson is so much fun......he will be a year old in Nov. can you believe it???? Time just flys by. My Ex is still with FUG and still has the same issues, just thankful he shares them with her and not me anymore.

No one new in my life right now and that's fine. qoe, has everything with your guy? Barbie, are you and Josh still good.

So glad HT started this thread, I need to caught up!!!

Love to you all,
FRIEND

R
R
It is an amazing thing, isn't it?

As far as traditions.....

I always wish my kids "Pretty Dreams." It was something that my mom did with me, and I continued it with them. I think it would be hard to sleep without that each night.

Apple picking in the Fall, with pictures at the Orchard.

We'll get together between XMas and New Years with my Aunt and cousins in the city. I hope that I'll be able to have Easter at my house next year.

During the week, the kids take turns being cook and picking the game/activity for Game night (both on one night). We all help clean up.

T
T
My biggest support has been my online friends from the boards. Mostly because only one offline friend knows everything about my situation. I have not told my family or any other offline friends all of my H's activities. Just never felt the need to and with my family, I know it would hurt them to know this about him.

Having said that, my parents have supported me by saying that they are there for me and that they are proud that I didn't fall apart like perhaps they thought I would. In the beginning my sister was a great ear and still is, only I choose not to share any of the rotten details and I am sure she was tired of me calling her to listen to me babble on out my troubles. I know that's what friends and family are for but really, they have their lives too and I am sure they wanted me to just get on with life but never said so.

Anyhow, thank you to all here that have helped, listened and supported. I appreciate it very much and I am grateful to have you!

PS. Donna, the tradition stuff is on my thread. ;\)

H
OP Offline
H
Hey there Friend! Wow, nearly a year old already. And yes, Barb is still with Josh. They have a big shindig in Toronto tonight. Hey there Donna and Trip.

Wow, this has generated a lot of responses. I was feeling last night as if when we're going through a D, we don't take stock of what we DO have. And I'm as guilty as anyone. I was hoping to reach other DB'ers to ask them to stop and think about the good in their lives. Sure it still hurts. But I wish I had thought a little more about what was good rather than bad way back then. It seemed as if the world was ending, and it was my marriage only. And I wanted to say that our kids hate the D as much as we do, but they don't want to live it with us. They just want to be kids.

It was nice to see all of you. I'm off to Vegas in the morning for five days and hopefully will come back home rich on Thursday! Yeah right. Maybe I should rephrase that. I hope to come back not poor!

R
R
Good luck, Happy \:\)

You are right about the kids not wanting to live it with us; I know that my kids had a hard time, and I wish I had been stronger for them. I am grateful that I made it through to wear I have to be, now.

I miss my parents a lot. As messed up as mom was, it has been hard being without her or other close family. My dad.....he was always so strong. I don't know if he would have killed x, or if this would have killed him. He always looked at x as his own son. We were dating less than a year when we were "found out;" my dad's princess having sex at 16. Instead of going ballistic, this giant man, 6'4", 300+ pounds, just hugged me. Knew that we loved each other, and got my mother to calm down. He could have handled it in such a different way....

I worry now about my other family....blood to x. My inlaws have chosen to stand by me, but he is their son. It is so hard for them, and has placed a lot of strain on the extended family. I know it would be easier for all of them if I just disappeared. I don't know if x will ever forgive me, since he can't see that he did this to himself.

I have had to build my own family and support network. My aunt and cousin (although I didn't want to dump this on them all the time), other close friends, support groups and AlAnon......and you all, here. Don't know what I would have done without you all.

Hey Friend!

WOW! I can't believe your grandson will be one in NOV! Seems like just a month or two ago. I'm coming to Florida in Nov. Meeting up with Nursemom and Hopeful - we've stayed friends and see each other at least once a year either in Tampa or Orlando.

Yes, Josh and I are good. We spent most of today planning the vacation of a lifetime we will take right after Christmas. It will last a month and take in both of our birthdays. I'll post more about that if I start a new thread.

How are your girls? See anyone from DB any more?

Barb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard