Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1591016 09/13/08 05:22 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hey all,

This is Whitelight. For those who remember me...

thought I'd give an update!

That guy I was dating that had the female roommate that you all warned me against, well that's over. We ended it about 4 months ago. Let me tell you a 4 month relationship ending is NOTHING compared to what brought me to this board in the first place.
I was over it in a few weeks.
Looking back on it, I'm glad I ended it. I'm amazed at how easily I was willing to dismiss red flags after everything I had learned.

Anyway, onto brighter horizons. I've met someone new! He has no female roommate. No red flags. Acts like a complete gentleman. ;\) Things are moving slowly and steadily forward. Tomorrow will be our 6th date.

We go out about once a week.

So far, he's always come to my part of town. Tomorrow I head over to his. He doesn't live with his parents, but I'm going to be meeting him at his parents' home. His sister will be there also. We'll see how it goes. I'm so excited! Lots of butterflies!
;\) ;);)

Soooooooo, WL, how'd the "meet the parents" gig go?

qoe100 #1591447 09/14/08 04:08 AM
C
C
cool! hope he's a decent guy fo' real!

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
cat03 #1591528 09/14/08 07:18 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Well, the date was fantastic. His parents weren't home. I didn't have to meet anyone. That's good. I wasn't really ready for that. We had a fantastic date though. ;\)

Yeah, I hope he's a decent guy fo' real too, but if not I'm sure I can count on all of you to give me some heads up. ;\)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey WL!

Congrats on meeting a nice guy with no red flags! You have no way of knowing where it will go - just enjoy and figure it out as you go along. This one sounds like a keeper.

There are nice guys out there. Sometimes we have to date a few frogs before we find one that makes us happy.

And I'm happy for you!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Thank you BarbieDoll ;\)

W
OP Offline
W
So this guy that I have been dating now for a little over 2 months, who told me a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't dating anyone else and that he only dates one woman at a time, just updated his online dating site.

I think I must be cursed. lol J/K

N
N
Originally Posted By: whitelight
So this guy that I have been dating now for a little over 2 months, who told me a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't dating anyone else and that he only dates one woman at a time, just updated his online dating site.

I think I must be cursed. lol J/K

WL,

He probably DOES date one woman at a time.... No offense... But, he is probably one of those guys who is always looking for "something better".... If "something better" comes along, the current woman is history... A HUGE RED FLAG... The size of the Republic of Texas!

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 10/16/08 03:47 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks NMD!

He said he will call me after work today, so I will update then.

Huge red flag- the size of Texas! lol. Good visual. ;\)

W
OP Offline
W
Well guys, this guy really has class. After leaving me anxious all day by writing that he would call me when he got off work...he never even did so.

Good thing I had plans with a gfriend last night. I went out and had a great time.

People! When you say you're going to call, do so!

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard