Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Thank you luvvy doves.

I'm going to a luau tomorrow. Pig roast and hay-rides and performers and musicians. I love this town and the peeps in it! The guy who is having it lives on a farm and has pigs, water buffalo, quail etc. He'll be slaughtering on of his pigs for the party--I think it will be the first time so he's nervous and sad about it but I think it's very brave.

Anyway, I'm taking the kids and we may camp out so's I can get hammered if I feel like it.

Anyway, life is good right now--the troll has not filled me in on his next move so I'm sort of just waiting for him to spring his next unpleasant surprise on me as he is so apt and likely to do.

I took the MB test and discovered I am an INFP. I betchya Mitch is the exact opposite. They say that opposites attract but in the long run it is harder for the opposites to get along because they just do not function in the same way and cannot really understand the way the other thinks. Makes sense.

Love yiz,
Althea!

T
T
Beautiful work, Althea!

That luau sounds like so much fun. Pig roast. Yum!!!

Interesting about that test. And interesting about being opposites. It does make sense.

A
amd Offline
A
Gorgeous new sweater--defintiely keep the pic up.

I think I was INFJ, but I haven't done that test in ages. My H's profile is very similar as I recall, FWIW.

Be well. Enjoy the luau!!

amd
OP Offline
The Troll has responded--not good. I think I'll be lawyering up and we'll have to do battle in court. He's a real slime. I was going to post his belabored email but it is really so icky to me and long and Mitch-like that I decided to let it die in the compost heap of internet garbage where it belongs.

He'll never change. He is whining about how he can't pay his bills. Blah, blah, blah. I am done dealing with him and will have my L deal with it (when I find an L). I'd like to find the humor in it--maybe in a few days or weeks.

I'm a little sapped of energy at the moment--I feel sad that it has come to this. I think that all my efforts to restrain my anger at him has not really amounted to anything. I have worked so hard to be "nice" and cooperative and all it has done was make him feel more able to manipulate me. I think he sees me as weak and knows that I won't put up a fight because I am, at my core, a "peacemaker" and don't enjoy conflict.

I don't want to have his anger toward him in my heart and I will work toward letting it go, but right no, I have to admit, I am feeling hate.

Goodnight my friends, I'll keep keeping you posted.

Love
A

F
fig Offline
F
ugh

i am so showing up with the stare

no joke

do you know of any good lawyers?

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
I was going to post his belabored email but it is really so icky to me and long and Mitch-like that I decided to let it die in the compost heap of internet garbage where it belongs.

Ahhh, how could you deprive us of the fun of making up some new names for him?????????????????

Now - he's threatening, but that doesn't mean he'll follow through. His lawyer will probably tell him it's not worth pursuing. When he complains about his financial problems, just admit that yeah, divorce is very tough financially on both parties - at least HE has OW to help him with expenses, while you have no one - yet ;\)

Ellie

O
O
Althea,

I have a sneaking suspicion there is a bun in the oven or a plan for one.

Best,
Oldtimer
K
kml Offline
K
Hmmmm....but they don't make leather maternity pants, do they?????

OP Offline
Hey OT--it would take some doing if that were the case--he's been "fixed", though I know one can become "un" fixed. However I simply do not see Mitch as ever wanting more kids--but what do I know? I obviously do not even know him. I do recall a conversation we had not too long before he left when he asked me something about being able to extract sperm directly out of the epiditymis (okay, probably the wrong anatomical location--but you get the point). I remember thinking it was weird because I knew we were done having kids.

But something's brewing, of that you are more than likely right. I'm waiting for him to drop the "we're getting married" bomb. In a weird way, I'm almost looking forward to a face off in court. We'll see. Ellie, I think you are right too--he's just threatening to see if he can make me quiver with fear and cave to his demands. It almost makes me laugh that he thinks I will just voluntarily agree to have him reduce his child support simply by his reasoning. He acts like he wants to settle out of court, but that's only if I agree to his terms. he pretends it is open for negotiation, but the fact is, he has it in his mind he will reduce CS by a few hundred a month and he KNOWS I will cave. He will be surprised when I do not. He doesn't seem to "get" that it will take a judge to agree to impute income to me and he and his lawyer will have to try to make a convincing case for it--frankly, I don't think they can. He must prove that:
1. It is in the best interest of the children
2. that I am willfully unemplyoed or underemployed
3. that the imputed income is reasonable for my level of training.

He will be hard pressed to make a case on any of those points.

Lordy I need some lovin'!!!

Love,
Althea

Althea:

I love you! Does that count?

Barb

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard