Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
F
F
Hey Man,

I'm sorry to hear about your job. Your are an amazing guy(careful now). It's gotta be a huge blow right now. You will find the positive way through this.

Praying for ya.

Don't stand still.
S
OP Offline
S
thanks Trapt....

The economy is bad, thats just a fact. The projections are that unemployment will be at 7% when they announce on Friday. The unemployment line was filled with business professionals like myself and it was very sad to watch. The job prospects are bleak at best right now and that is just the way it is.

The state of tennessee puts a cap on unemployment benefits of $275 a week. That would barely cover my rent. A friend of mine offered me some temporary work supervising forklift drivers for Helen of Troy. I am going to take a $12 an hour job simply to make sure I can provide the basics for my kids. Home, food, clothing, etc.....

This at least will enable me to have some income while I look for something in my field. Who knows how long that will take at this point. Every article I read points to the recession possibly extending into late 2009 now. Blech.........

On the home front, absolutely nothing to update. Carrie is still Carrie. The kids are stable. My girlfriend is still wonderful. I am convinced that things will not get any worse than they are right now with Tawny and Carrie. Carrie is going to see the counselor soon for her one on one appointment and we will go from there.

I will tell you that the support and well wishers on the alternate universe were absolutely amazing. You have to feel good that so many people will reach out to you in times of trouble.

If I had to say why it isn't dragging me down to badly, I would say it is because I am somehow keeping it out of my head as much as possible and only focusing on what I need to do. (Sound familiar Trapt???) See, old dogs do learn new tricks ;\)

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

P
P
HI Ian. Hvaen't looked in on you lately. I figured you have it so well together. Now that I see your job has gone by-byes I'm sorry I didn't look in earlier.

((((Ian))))) you be the puss-cat man and land on your feet. You can do it.

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

F
F
I'm glad to hear your handling it all so well.

Absolutely, I'm learning.( by trial & error most of the time) That is why I felt pretty good when you called me a dumbasssss. I'm laughing more than thinking.

The economy is so sad right now. Overall a bit scary.

It is an incredible comfort getting to know all of these wonderful people and having their support. You have the right mindset, good will come out of all this.

Don't stand still.
Hey dude-

Just dropping by to say yo, I got a wild hair and decided to see who's around these days. I caught up a little bit on your thread - sounds like although as usual your plate is full you're handling things about as well as I could imagine anyone doing so (although I know it probably doesn't always seem that way). I'll give you a call in the next few days to catch up a little more, but just wanted to say that you continue to do an impressive and fantastic job of dealing with what you need to, while continuing to be a good dad.

Things are good on my end, same old same old, if I get an ESPECIALLY wild hair I may look for my old thread and update it a little.

And yes, I know I still owe you a certain case of frosty beverages, and since it seems that they might come in especially handy lately, I promise to get on it. Later bud-

Kev

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"God alone decides the contest; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel."
-Adm. D.G. Farragut

Kevin-38; XW-36
M-2.5, together 4
Bomb-1/6/07; D-6/27/07
B
B
Ian just checking in on ya. Read this whole thread start to finish but now my prep time is over (teacher that I am!) so no time to post.

I will think good thoughts/send out prayers to you re. the job situation. And I am glad your daughter has you for a dad; from what I read you are doing an amazing job considering the circumstances. The girl still needs a mother, but at least she has a caring, involved father.

Thanks for helping me out last night, by the way. Appreciate it.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
OP Offline
S
Anytime BBJ.....

Kman, where the hell have you been my friend.... and my phone still hasn't rung dude.... by the way, wheres my beer????

Not a lot happening. I have a couple of interviews lined up this week and am hoping for the best. It has to be the right fit what with having Tawny full time and all.

It is getting tight financially and I will have to look at cutting the non essentials. Cable, house phone, ughhh internet.... I called my Life insurance companies and they are allowing me to do a hardship that will freeze my life insurance for 3 months so I can get back on my feet and not loose my insurance. That was a positive.

Carrie has agreed to file our taxes jointly as we will get more back that way. So as soon as her W2 comes in we can file and that will help some. Of course she did reduce her child support, which does not shock me. I am hesitant to discuss it with her because I don't want her backing out of the taxes. So I will wait until after we file to address that issue.

My girlfriends brother went home today to Colorado. He has been an issue with us as he does not care for her dating an american. So, I have not seen her for over 2 weeks now. She is coming over tomorrow night and I am cooking for her. I can't wait to see her, I have missed her very much. She calls every day to make sure I am ok, but it isn't the same.

Anyway, so life goes on and I continue to roll with the punches. It has been kind of fun to have a no pressure job these last 4 days. I drive around all day on a forklift and consolidate freight in a huge warehouse. Doesn't get any easier than that.....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

B
B
I hear ya Ian...I spent a summer re-stocking the garden supplies at a Wal-mart. It was mindless work but I liked it because there was no pressure and the expectations were clear, just replenish the stock all day long. Sometimes simple is good...if only simple paid $50K a year, huh? ;\)

Glad you will see your lady, didn't realize it had been that long since you had seen her. I know you have stressed on your thread that you aren't making her any promises at this point and she is fine with that. But still I am sure it sucks to know that her brother is not supportive of you guys.

Take care and good luck on the interviews.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
C
C
hey Ian! just caught up with your thread, sorry to hear about your job loss, I pray you find something much better soon)))))

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
K
K
Ian,
I am sure with your attitude things will turn out fine in the end.
Stay strong, be positive,
xxx
K

thanks!!!

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard