Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
S
S
AG,
Sounds like the vacation hit the spot. Good for you!

Now the key is to not let yourself get all wrapped up in the stresses of day to day life again! (Advice to myself as well. LOL!)

SD

Me 41
W 41
Kids: S9 S7
Married 16 years
Bomb dropped 2/2/07
Still living together!
current thread
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey SD:

Quote:
Now the key is to not let yourself get all wrapped up in the stresses of day to day life again!

And the secret to doing that is... If I could figure that out and patent it - I would never have to work again!

That being said - have made it 24 hour with at least 50% of post vacation glow intact!

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi AG Friends:

Work is work... Just when you think you have figured things out - you are blindsided by another work thingie... The vacation has helped me keep it all in perspective. I am thinking clearly again. \:\)

Onto more fun things... I had forgotten how fun men can be! \:o

I spend far too much time interacting with men that work for me, with me, above me at work - and with married men in my social circle. And in that environment, I maintain a relatively controlled demeanor.

Spending a week interacting with available, attractive, interesting men in an environment where I really could let my guard down completely was really nice. Very relaxing to not have to watch every word I say and worry about demeanor.

I didn't stiffen up when I received a compliment or someone flirted with me - for the first time in a long time - I was in a position to be able to throughly enjoy it and embrace it. \:\)

So I need to make it a point to find more social situations where I can let my guard down.

There is a woman that I met there that is my age. She also has a similar lifestyle - works too hard and forget to take vacations. She has found a singles cruise in February - I am thinking about going.

I still finding myself smiling at memories from my vacation. Many of them are great conversations with women and many many of them are silly fun flattering interactions with men that just make you smile. Being a woman at work is a pain - being a woman on my vacation was fun!

That being said - all these theatre meet ups seem a little boring at the moment - so very hard to put one's hair back up again and behave after letting it down so completely and dancing on table tops!

take care,
AG

I
I
"Dancing on table tops"... Now that sounds familiar! <vbg>

D
D
Seriously, a vacation blog? Please go to blogger, since you are leaving the bb, at least this is what you keep saying; but just another of your MANY contradictions.

You can respond if you like, but I will not read any further on your posts.

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey Soup and Friends:

The vacation was silly and fun! \:\)

I think the key to maintaining a balance is to always have a vacation scheduled so that I always have something to look forward to.

In my case,the first part of surviving the big D was financially stabilizing myself to support myself and a family. It has taken 5 years to get here. I finally am starting to feel like I can relax in that department.

The second part was starting a family. Adoption is an unpredictable process with ever changing laws. However I feel like I am finally on track. At least everything that is in my control is moving forward.

The third part was letting my M/The X go completely before I even considered a new R. I am not sure if that is forgiveness, apathy or a lack of anger. I feel that I have finally reached that point. The night before my trip, I realized that my C card (scuba certificatation) was missing. It is possible that The X took it accidentally - or perhaps he took it in anger. But for the first time - something The X might have done intentionally no longer mattered. If worst case, The X did take my card intentionally - well people are not always on their best behavior when an R is crumbling. It just doesn't matter anymore.

All that mattered was that The C-card was missing and well I took my scuba stuff in hopes that the resort could contact PADI to confirm my certification. To me that is a measurable milestone that I am done with X-related anger.

I have my life back. It isn't the life I would have had with The X - and really have no idea if it is better or worse compared to had my M worked b/c I have no idea how my life would have been had it worked out. It is however the life that I am happy living today.

The fourth part is getting over this block I seem to have developed with respect to R's with single men. This is going to take some more work. The Resort was a start. It was a good place for me b/c the men for the most part respected boundaries. Those that didn't - well I am better at moving away from them and there were external safeguards if they did not honor my boundaries. And those that did look for feedback and respect my boundaries sensed I was not ready for more that a kiss on the cheek. They were content with conversation. I did not feel the pressure to do more. These gentlemen made me realize that there are great men out there and that there are men out there that are willing to respect my pace - they just have not been present in my very limited socializing.

I do need to make sure that I don't end up back in my convent habitat with the door blocked again. I also need to make sure I socialize in circles where I am likely to bump into decent gentlemen. And the type of men that I am typically attracted to.

The Resort caters to athletics and burned professionals. The woman I met at The Resort sent me a link to the singles cruise. It has the label of "athletic." It does stop at three islands with scuba diving. I would like to see if it is possible to go diving when the ship docks at these locations.

The other vacation I would like to book later this year is a trip to India. My father is getting older and he has always wanted to go to Petra. I think I will fly him there and we can do the ruins and then fly to India and tour parts of India.

An unexpected part of surviving my own D was surviving my parent's D. Had I never gotten D myself, it is possible that I would have never faced these issues head-on. I have a sense of peace with that now. I also have a new R with my father now - one that is no longer contaminated by my mother's opinions and issues with my father. I feel like I have always taken him for granted. Ater my parent's D, he was at a distance - but always there. I now appreciate what a gift he gave me.

I have spent 5 years working through my issues and on myself. At this point, I am switching to implementation.

My choices with surviving my D are based on my own life experiences and work for me. They of course do may not appy to or work for those with different life experiences.

In any case, life is good! I am still basking in my post-vacation glow!

take care,
AG

W
W
How cool to check in on some familiar posts and see someone getting their life back into such a good place. A toast ... to good places for good people!

You really should book the cruise. Not just because they are usually great no matter what. Not just because you might find other good people enjoying good places. Not just because you might get to dive in some amazing spots. Not just because you deserve all this and earn it every day.

I was thinking, just because. What more do you really need?

Great updates. Great life. Cheers !!!!

I
I
People love to see others "glowing" ! Some are even envious ! ;\)

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi W2Sad:

Thank you. There were times when I tackled issue after issue - I felt like I was spinning my wheels. And there is still outstanding Issue #4...when the time is right I have faith it will fall into place. \:\)

Quote:
I was thinking, just because. What more do you really need?

You are right! If my friend confirms that she wants to move forward - I will book it!

Thanks for stopping by!

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey Soup:

You of all people know the amount of work it took me to get here. Thank you for being there.

Issue #4 - this block I seem to have developed with respect to available single men.... I am not exactly sure what to do... You can't really force it.... As I posted above, it will take care of itself when the time is right....

Meanwhile - this weekend's social calendar includes (i) wine tasting festival with the single meetup group on Saturday,(ii) walk to raise money for a disease with a GF on Sunday, and (iii) signed up for class at William Sonoma on how to use my new cookware set.

take care,
AG

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard