Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
J
jonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well the kiddos come home tonight!! I am stoked I have been without my sanity for 2 1/2 weeks and miss them dearly!

Ted

I am-33
W- 33
Married- 8yrs
T- 12yrs
D15
S6
Seperated 3/23/08(not legally)

"dum vita est, spes est"

currentpost: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1508722&page=1#Post1508722

A
A
Ted I'm so jealous!

I've got two separate print outs of the tattoo I've wanted for a year. Now I think I'm going on Sunday! Holy Sh!@!#!

Seems like things are a bit slow like me. But now I know I'm getting my tats on Sunday. No laughing but my tat will be "Elvish" writing from Tolkien. What was yours?

M 35 W 28 D 4

Bomb 4/28/08
Found out about PA 05/14/08
Separated 5/25/08 (not legally)

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1442595&page=0#Post1442595
J
jonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My tattoo is of an eagle that is holding two guns. The whole meaning behind it the eagle stands for a renewal or rebirth of the spirit and the guns represent me as the defender of my children. If I could post a pic of it I would. Going to be painful to get it colored because it takes up my whole chest and it hurt like heck when he was on the sternum! I am also getting the writing in latin that I have below-- dum vita est, spes est, that will go around my collar bone above the eagle.

W made a comment how good I look lately and why I never did those things for her. I just said hindsight is always 20/20, woulda,coulda,shoulda. Oh well!

I am-33
W- 33
Married- 8yrs
T- 12yrs
D15
S6

"dum vita est, spes est"

currentpost: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1508722&page=1#Post1508722

L
L
Okay Ted and AD,

Cruising the boards this morning and came across the tat talk. AD, go for it and have fun. My WAW has been against me getting my second for quite some time, but...last week I went and got it. Mine was my family coat of arms and I got it above my left ankle. After my sitch finalizes one way or another, going to get my third, which will be the coat of arms from my mom's side and that will go on the inside above my left ankle which will hurt like hell. When she found out she did not know what to say, kind of funny actually. She couldn't say anything.

Ted, you are a braver man than I when it comes to tats. I can only imagine how awesome that looks now, and especially after it gets colored. Good luck with that. If I remember correctly, the coloring on my first was the worst part but then again, when I was getting my second last week, it didn't hurt like I thought it would.

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
J
jonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey LS thanks for stopping by. In regards to the tats, the worst part is getting them colored in. It seems like they go over the same spot a million times, and when it goes over a bone such as the sternum it hurts like heck. I can usually ignore the pain for a while but after 6 hours it tends to get really bothersome. He said I will probably have at least another 4 hours of coloring and touchups for the next sitting \:\(

That is awesome idea for a tat, the family coat of arms. Might have to look into that for my 7th tat \:\)

Stay strong!

Ted

I am-33
W- 33
Married- 8yrs
T- 12yrs
D15
S6

"dum vita est, spes est"

L
L
Hey Ted!

I can't imagine the pain going over bone like that. I am too much of a sissy. Heck, had to suck on a lollipop when I got my first, LOL!

I hear you about the coloring. My first, a celtic knot with black borders and red coloring, didn't hurt. She was at it for ahwile and then stopped. I said heck, that wasn't bad. She said, I still have to color and then the pain began.

An old buddy of mine got the family crest on the inside fore arm. That was cool and fit him nicely as he was kind of a streetpunk.

The guy that did mine had to do some freehand which turned out nice considering the detail. Still deciding whether to get it colored.

7 tats. They're addictive, eh?

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
J
jonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes they are addictive and now that I am single again, or at least think I am, I feel like being rebellious! I am no punk in anyway but all my tats can be covered up with a shirt. I dont like them to be to visible, like to keep a somewhat professional appearance going.

I am-33
W- 33
Married- 8yrs
T- 12yrs
D15
S6

"dum vita est, spes est"

K
K
Ted,

Havent stopped by for a little while but thought I would offer up on the tat front.

I'm an accountant. Boring right.

Well I decided I would like a tattoo about two years ago.

It now covers my entire back from shoulders to butt.

Its in a japanese style and comprises a tiger, a dragon, a turtle and a phoenix. They all sit on a background of wind and water, and flowers and bamboo. Each animal sits in one quarter and I have incorporated my two sons names in there along with lots of flowers and stuff. All in full colour

Sounds a bit busy but its subtle in places and I love it. I took almost the two years on and off and the longest single sitting was 7 hours. Hurt like hell in places but was so worth it.

Its completely covered when I am at work and I always look professional.

Really addictive. My big 40 is due next month and I want to get another. Maybe a koi fish coming off my right shoulder and down onto my chest.

Will catch up on your sitch later as I am just in from a night out and its 1.50 am here and I need my bed.

All the best

Kenny

Me:40
WAW, MLC?:39
Kids:S11,S9
T:25, M:14
ILYB:Apr 08
W moved out Aug 08
W:Does not Want to Try

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1541678&page=0&fpart=1
J
jonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
OK I have one major question and hopefully someone will be able to answer or at least point me in the right direction. How does a person get over the jealousy. I have so much jealousy about my W possibly being with OM! I always manage to bring it up which infuriates the W. I just want to be able to get on and get past this jealousy. I am not sure how to tackle it! Any advice?

Ted

I am-33
W- 33
Married- 8yrs
T- 12yrs
D15
S6

"dum vita est, spes est"

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard