Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1499469 06/30/08 12:12 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hello,

It's been a long time since I've posted. I used to post in other forums hoping this would work out with my husband. My name says it all tho. I really want what's best for me and my kids, and I hope one day I'll get to where I want whats best for my STBX \:\)

I just wanted to say I'm definitely divorcing now. I'm happy and sad. Mostly relieved it's all over. I can move down one path and find my way again.

My STBX had OW, came back to me after a year, and kept open window with OW. They are back together the same day we decide to divorce. Nice, eh?

Anyone ever feel like the X knows they are completely unhealthy? Or the opposite - that they look at US with pity that we have no-one?

Is that a weird thought? I HATE the thought of my X pitying me. It's him that's pitiful.

My support says its all time - time will prove which one of us actually has our crap together. I can only hope. I so don't want him to stay with OW long. Partly because I don't want to deal with her, but mostly because I don't want my kids to figure out she's the "one" he left for.

Any thoughts you all have....

hope4whatsbest #1499490 06/30/08 12:38 AM
R
R
I had the same hopes. My son got the full knowledge last week of what really happened; waiting for the fallout.

Reincarnated #1500137 06/30/08 04:26 PM
C
C
hey there, hope you find the support you need here, welcome)))))))))))))

It is double hard then they come back and they leave again and/or were deceiving about working on the M and had ow in the back burner.

Stbx in my case knows is messed up, that he has lots of issues, currently he is horribly stressed out (hmm, so the LS heading to D didnt' fix everything, surprise surprise), he is a total mess.

The kids will see what it is: their father running off and having a gf, mom stayed and tried to work on the M, who do you think they will respect more?

I highly recommend you read 'the spiritual D', this is a bit from it, I took some notes:

"The law of surrender tells us that when we stop resisting and surrender to our situation exactly as it is, things begin to change.

Resistance does not protect us as much as it robs us of our right to heal.

Only by being willing to embrace your deepest fears will you discover that the worst outcome will not ruin your life.

all of our pain and suffering is created by how we view our present circumstances.

By resenting him I am giving him my energy as well as complete and total power over my emotional well being."

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
cat03 #1500160 06/30/08 04:46 PM
N
N
Originally Posted By: cat03
Only by being willing to embrace your deepest fears will you discover that the worst outcome will not ruin your life.

all of our pain and suffering is created by how we view our present circumstances.

cat03,

That is soooooo very true. I read a while back about a gentleman discussing his fears. He said..... I really looked at my fears.... Even if I am living in a cardboard box somewhere.... I will find a way to turn things around....

Quote:
"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened" - Winston Churchill

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
No_More_Dodo #1500167 06/30/08 04:53 PM
R
R
cat--love those excerpts....so true, and need to be reread often.

Reincarnated #1500735 06/30/08 11:46 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I feel all those ways but I'd love to read that book. Do you know the author?

hope4whatsbest #1501582 07/01/08 06:29 PM
C
C
It is a great book : Spiritual Divorce: Divorce As a Catalyst for an Extraordinary Life --by Debbie Ford

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
cat03 #1507241 07/07/08 12:45 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks - will try to find it this week in library!

hope4whatsbest #1509953 07/08/08 07:35 PM
C
C
how's it going?

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard