Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer
Sounds like your Frenchman does not have lines he has a personna and he lets you be in control. Us Guys including myself could take lessons. I think you hit on what many women find attractive.

Personally, this type of guy would turn me off big time. I mean, c'mon, he schmoozes women for a living....sounds like he's a male ho to me. What's the difference between a guy trying to sell his vacation spot or a car salesman? I would send a guy like this away in a nano second!!!

P
P
Quote:
Flirting in a fun manner is different than knowing me for 2 hours and saying I should come home with you. So flirting is ok. Sexual innuendos without even knowing my last name - no.

I guess I just feel like that is something that will take a while to get to - get to know me as a person first...ya know?

This is what I was agreeing with when I got my phone call! LOL!

While The Frenchman is the stuff of island vacations - in real life I have been having a tough time in the dating world b/c many men don't even bother to get know you. It is almost like you female - I find you attractive - me male - so we should hook up.

The beer tent man didn't even know my first name BEFORE he asked me out and started with the sexual innuendo within the first 10 sentences he spoke to me.

I tend to respond better to men that start with a normal conversation and if we seem to connect as in the conversation is engaging - then ask me out. Of course there is the other variable - there has to be some chemistry. In some cases, no matter how interesting the man or the conversation - it simply lacks the chemistry to be more.

take care,
AG

I'd just like it if they'd actually ask me out instead of saying I should come over, or vice versa or "wanna get a drink"

DINNER!

A DATE!

I'm so old fashioned. I will be alone forever.

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
Originally Posted By: *KS*Chick*
I'm so old fashioned. I will be alone forever.

This cracked me up cuz I felt the exact same way. Trust me, you will not be alone forever but having these standards will enable you to meet the right guy eventually.

K
K
Agree w/ Jill
Lets face it, its human nature for men to "hit" on women, most any woman, I was told by a male friend ,any woman will do , thats what paper bags are for. Harsh I know but he was pretty truthful, BUT he said if a woman is really special, its a whole diffent ballgame, he will wine and dine her and stop at nothing to be w/ her.

So a man who actually takes the time to stop during the day to say hello- send a silly card leave a dorky yet endearing vm, thats attactive to me, any guy can shmooze up to you and do all the time! They are a dime a dozen
Its the ones that walk the walk that are attractive

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 08/12/08 04:01 PM.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

actions baby!

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
T
T
Oh Karen, that cracks me up about the paper bags. Some guys just don't care and only want to hook up. For instance, a friend of a friend hooked up with a skank that follows military guys around just to see which ones will do her. Anyhow this guy went for it and when later questioned as to why he would even touch the skank his reply was because he could. he didn't care at all about anything.
In the mean time, another idiot messed around on his pregnant girlfriend and guess what? the condom broke with the skank!

Sorry for the offshoot!

N
OP Offline
N
3mm Wetsuits. Shorties are allowed in certain cases.

Digressing into the pit of who is baddest men or women
However Thursdays are Trophy Wife Thursday. The rich guys parade around their married beaus to make the LGs jealous and the wives are checking out who they hit on when the rich guys are out playing golf and making business deals on Saturday. I wish it was a joke but it's not.
If the LG runs away on Saturday he is the only nonfool in that game. Most not all do run away. I advise them on the wrath of jealous husbands and with so many options why cheat death when you can swim in the gulf with sharks and Tourists operating Jet Skis(more dangerous).

For every cheating man their must be a cheating or other woman

Now emerging from that pit.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

D
D
And what about instant messaging? I can be on my computer minding my own business and guys will pop in and want to chat. They must just search through profiles and make their move.

There have been times I'm playing a game online and some guy playing cribbage will start asking how my sex life is. What's up with that? Lonely at home with their wife in the next room looking for some scintillating online conversation. Play the six buddy and quit chatting.

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
T
T
yeah, what's with that? and if they do chat why can't they stick to the game. Sometimes one does wonder if there is a guy out there that can just stick to the task at hand. Of course, I am not including the decent men found here.

So that could go back to the subject of what do you find attractive.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard