Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
OP Offline
N
Quote:
I know you have posted about enjoying interacting with women but have no interest in "closing the deal

I am like a dog chasing a fine vehicle.
What does the dog do when he catches it? Peeing on the tires is just not politically correct these days. Kinda like smoking in the mayor's office.

However I have seen strong men cry in the presence of a black 1965 Mustang convertable with a doubleoverhead cam V8.

And the dogs have to stay away!
Hooooooooooooooooooowl

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

A
A
What I find most attractive is someone who is self confidant and secure all on their own, someone who is looking for somebody to enjoy spending time with. I definitely don’t want to get involved with anyone who is looking for someone to “make them happy”….. Of course world class Ta Ta’s would still be a nice bonus. \:\)

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
W
W
ALL,

Good answer. You put that better than I could have, ever.

I've seen you mention your admiration of 'world class TaTa's' several times - and it still makes me laugh. A good basic requirement, nothin' wrong with that.

AO

N
OP Offline
N
Had a number of sharks come close in yesterday. We went in and chased a 4 footer cause we were hungry. Ta Tas are ok but good eatin makes me happy. Unlike catching a car I do know what to do there and do not stick your hand in the shark's mouth.

Steve Martin

A
A
Good news, as far as I know there are no sharks in Minnesota, or Alligators, or poisonous snakes, or Scorpions………..

When catching a car is important to check everything over good before taking it for a test drive, kick the tires , check fluids, give the breaks a try.

AO
I don't want to be controlled or be controlling, I'd like to meet a partner some day, not someone I have to constantly entertain. Don’t get me wrong, I love to open doors and I don’t mind unclogging a drain and being Mr. Fixit, but sometimes is nice to have a little “me” time as well.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
W
W
Originally Posted By: ALL6785

I don't want to be controlled or be controlling, I'd like to meet a partner some day, not someone I have to constantly entertain. Don't get me wrong, I love to open doors and I don't ind unclogging a drain and being Mr. Fixit, but sometimes is nice to have a little "me" time as well.

Yup. I agree.

AO

N
OP Offline
N
This was fun.

Scuba today and tomorrow and D13 gets her wish to be certified. Got to find an underwater camera. Hopefully the vis is good.

As far as looks at my job on a bad day I see a half of dozen ladies who could be on fashon mag cover of most cultures and races. When I lived in the Midwest surrounded by corn what most of the media considers exotic or beautiful turned heads.

Kinda like chocolate a little is a treat too much and you want some steak. So as a previous poster stated
Quote:
when I see it I will know it
or something like that the meaning was the same.

The intellectual side is fun to explore and flirting is like jousting however that is the beach. While on duty that is kept to a small short smile and generally restricted to talking to a group of folks such as
"You behaving yourselves?"
ans "we are trying"
"Why?"

Then leave. That is all the time the job allows and not often. Like a piece of dark chocolate. Attractiveness or attractiveness at the moment has the response factored in and that is a unreliable indicator since people have different moods and though this is a place to relax many have just escaped the stress monster. Usually I tell them

'You have arrived and it is good.'

Then I put on my 'yo in a heep of trouble boy' glasses and move on.

I'm not looking for anything honestly but I wanted people to think a little and have a lot of fun. I am not opposed to arm candy for an outing with a good converstaion and a round of put put golf or crabbing but that's all the tires I wanna kick.

Thread has been fun and I hope some of you fired up them thar neu_rons. Thanks.

Steve Martin

P
P
Hey N_Hill:

How we interact with the people in our lives, what we find attractive, the level of emotional risk we are willing to take, etc are very personal choices based on so many different individual specific parameters, including but not limited to, personal history/life experiences, the environment we live, the goals in our life, individual senses of self/self esteem and/or where we are in our lives at given point in time.

Attractiveness can also be defined by our baser reaction to another human being, an intellectual reaction - or perhaps a combination of both.

It is tough to qualify and is really an aggretate of a person's qualities that defines what I find attractive in a person. In my case, it is a compromise when it comes to how much I weight I grant to those individual qualities. In some cases, I will place more weight on characteristic A - if charateristic B is not essential but perhaps just week. And of course, there are characteristics that are deal breakers.

I have been giving all this some thought as I mentally enter the dating world again. This was a good thread.

take care,
AG

N
OP Offline
N
AG
You are correct. What we (I) find difficult is putting ourselves in other's shoes whereas a man generally does not have a physical threat but in his role must grow thick skin since even the more successful men have lower baseball batting averages than baseball pitchers. (we get rejected a lot but most don't tell about it, on the beach they brag on who got slammed the worst turning a negative to a positive)

That is why fortune favors the aggressive in males and safety favors the defensive minded in females in this culture. It is as anything a risk/reward equasion like anything else. You have explained your reasoning on boundry setting quite well and as anything it's an inexact science. We do the same where one cannot tolorate bad behavior but we (men) must be forgiving or spend life alone.

I had a LG tell me his X GF introduces herself as his Psyco X which by his description is correct.

Quote:
combination of both
just past the immediate to Long term I'll agree with that. First impressions are more of a visual nature in my environment followed by the tenor and level of a conversation.

Well the dive is over and back to the beach. D13 is taking a nap but she takes to diving very well. Thanks for your input.

Steve Martin

D
D
Confidence and humility. Humor and the ability to be serious when needed. An interesting face. An "Aw Shucks m'am" attitude. Someone who can call me baby and make me believe it.

My X used to be this man, but OW has sucked it out of him. He is a shell of his former self and he has let her do this to him. He is afraid of his own shadow. I have tried to tell him that neediness and desperation are not attractive traits, but he is so afraid of losing her that he cannot see he is shooting himself in the foot.

I liked this... "Lucky is the man who receives her attention
Foolish is the man who does not return it".

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard