Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1455287 05/23/08 03:45 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Friday Night on a Dollar Bill

Once again, locked up by Bethie... hmmm... interesting.

So things continue to go well. The girls are done with school for the summer. I'm pretty much pre-approved to refi my mortgage so I'm just waiting for the rates to hit where I want them to be.

So, yesterday was an interesting day. I had D7 for a couple hours after school before the X got her and she was very emotional and wanted to talk about the D. This is a sample of our conversation:
D7- why did you have to get divorced?
ME- why do you think, honey?
D7- I don't know, that's why I'm asking you. Why?
ME- Why do you think people get divorced?
D7- I DON'T KNOW!
ME- What does dad say?
D7- I don't know, I don't ask him. He's too busy.
ME- I wish I had a good answer for you, but I agree it's sad and it makes me sad too. Blah blah blah. Not quite ready to tell the whole truth, kwim??

So... interesting in that I've wondered if the girls talk to their dad. So then X picks her up as D5 is getting home from daycare (it's the night the kids are split for one-on-one time) and D5 is missing D7 so she actually wants to go with X. That was a first for me. So I convince her to stay and then at bedtime she asks me to put her in her bed to sleep... starting out there even. OMG, she's been in my bed for at least the last 9 months...

Initially I felt a little sad... like she was pulling away from me. Then I talked to a friend who told me to stop overanalyzing it and realize that she's just feeling secure. Which makes sense since we finally had 'the talk' last weekend and that could have helped D5 realize she doesn't have to worry about me leaving. Whatever it is, it was a milestone and definitely bitter sweet.

Played softball tonight... we kicked butt and I hit the ball like it had a pic of X's head on it.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
well you must feel great that D5 is finally feeling secure. Just goes to show what an awsome mon you are to the girls!

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks Kym!

How are you doing?

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
\:\( not well. Just having faith that I will find a good job. Kinda scary when I have no one to fall back on anymore. But hey, I am healthy, amnimals are healthy dad's healthy so I do have positves in my life. And boy the things I have learned from Oprah and Dr. Phil this week ;\)

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

uh ok. I just went to edit a misspelled word and it wont let me. What up with that??

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

I
OP Offline
I
lol...
glad to see your dad is in good health and the animals are doing well. I continue to have quite a houseful w/ my sis, nephew, their american bulldog and their cat. My cat just wants to cuddle with their cat and she isn't having any of it. Poor baby. And of course the puppy just wants to snuggle with my cat, who is being pretty cool with him.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
oh thats right! houseful! But it must be nice. Never get lonley right? \:\)

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

K
K
I would say it absolutley means you are doing great as a mom !
Your D knows you will be there in the morning when she gets up
you should be proud! \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Since no one ordered, can I have a margarita? \:\)

I know that feeling about bittersweet. Mine came when I was leaving town for work and couldn't get a real kiss or hug at school because a boy was there. She still sleeps in my bed but has attempted to sleep in hers a couple of times. I am not rushing it though because I know soon she won't like me :P LOL

Shoe - good luck with the job search \:\)

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
*KS*Chick* #1455461 05/23/08 12:05 PM
B
B
Julie,

I think that's great, that your lil girl is feeling that secure.

I pondered long and hard on how to answer "why". I think, maybe, they get a little security from getting some sort of answer; from hearing us say we know why and everything's still OK. Make sense?

I tell my lil one that her mom and I just get along much better apart; we both still love her and will make sure she's always ok, but we can do that and many other things better apart. She seems to accept that, because even 5 y.o.s see that sometimes people just don't get along. That's my $.02.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard