Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Ya Peeps !

I have been lamenting tomorrow's day.. my birthday for a little while now.. maybe like 2 hours.. or something like that ?

Anyway.. it brought to mind one of my favorite poems or prose.. whatever you would like to call it.. and I just wanted to share it with YOU ! as it is.. I think.. appropriate for this forum.

http://www.desiderata.com/

So.. party on ! Enjoy the cosmic doodle dust !

Tom

B
B
Happy Birthday Tom!!!!

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

T
T
Tom,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you have a great day.

T
T
Oh and since it hasn't been mention. I will have a Singapore Sling!

F
FA Offline
F
Yeah, Happy B-day Tom...mine is next month....was thinking about looking for a walker on eBay!!!!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
T
T
Oh shut it!!! I am older than you!

N
N
Tom
At 46 I took the USMC RECON indoc test. Hey I failed and it was a joke cause I took it so the young uns would not complain.

At 48-49 I humped 95lb combat load in the Suni Triangle when we got mortored twice a day reguardless if we requested it or not. My only letter from my X was a dear john. Yea I did a tailspin upon return.

One thing I noticed is during the 40s the body changes and the adjustment is tough and usually we all have a host of issues. When in Ukraine I spoke with a Cardiologist about the most common time of death there and he said 45. We laughed cause I was 46 and he was 45. You will fall down then you will get up cause you are tough minded. You are an Attorney and they got the toughest minds I ran across with the exception of a USMC Sargent.

At 51 I became a beach lifeguard. I've swam in the pond of Mexico numerous times in head high surf to guide someone in. (being rescued is embarrassing so I let them walk out and say "I did that on purpose".

I took some young kids job cause after 20 yrs in IT they took mine. Loved returning the favor. Unless you are disabled you can do this. If you are you can do many other things. Start slow. From now on graduate to doing only what you love finanace permitting. It may be a slow transition unlike mine but the joy is the journey and the hope of a sunnier day is the fuel.

The only thing I have been accused of is swearing like a Sailor when boats try to navigate among my swimmers. And I reply I am a Sailor.

Sorry if I'm posting with the letter 'I' and the word 'me' but reguardless if you are handing out soup in a homeless shelter when you get old things simply do not matter as much.

Realize possibly you are just writing a slight lament and this board is for those times am maybe I'm in Fixit mode which you can tell me to shut my pie hole. No worries.

I gotta go Ice my knees. Where's my f()#*( advil.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

W
W
Have a great day, Tom! You and Muriel got anything special planned? Maybe she'll leave her box and get into a slinky plastic bag for ya tonight...here's to hoping!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY \:\)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
L
L
Happy Birthday Tommy Pants

I hope you have a great one.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God