Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
For some reason Brigit isn't able to login to the board. I got an e-mail asking if I would tell everyone that she's going to be a Grandma. So here ya go Brig............

Congratulations!!!

Love,
Bethie

Congratulations! Wow! What an amazing blessing.

Now can I have my mimosa?

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

L
L
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mimosa does sound yum!!!!!!!!!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Congrats, being a Grandma is the best!!!!

C
C
awwww, congrats to her!!

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
K
K
wowee!!
Congrats Brig!

oh what a joy that will be!!!

( hey Jill, we gotta get our kids moving eh!!) lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
Hi all,

Before I begin this post let me just say if I ramble I have had a few.LOL Best Friend came over and we knocked back a few.Did the whole giggly girl thing.Mostly laughed at the men in our lives.Well in hers all I got is my sons.

First thank you Bethie for puttin out the news.I really wanted to get it out there.I had to delete all my cookies and then remember that my log in name.(forgot I had it changed a long time ago.)LOL

So I'm going to be a grandmother.This is bitter sweet.I love my daughter more than life it's self.I hate ( and yes I used the word hate) my son in law.My D21 is married to a 39 year old man who has hit her.I'm excited about a baby.But wish more than anything it wasn't him.I know this marriage isn't going to last.There is no way it can.They have only know each other 7 months and now they are married and have a baby on the way.My real wish that she wasn't going to be tied to him forever when she finally gets the nerve to leave him.

However I have choosen to focus on making sure I am for my D no matter what her choice is.That baby will come into this world knowing that he/she is loved more than life it's self.

So how do I help her.I'm not sure.She has come home when they fight.I will have an open door for her every time .Maybe one day she will stay.

I'm so worried about her.But all I can do right now is love her and let her know I'm here for her.

Pray for her to do the right thing.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
Brig,

What more can you do? As long as she knows you're there for her (and she does) you've done your part.

Congrats on the Baby. The marriage may not last, but obviously this baby was meant to be, and your love will get everyone through it.

Good luck Sweetie!

S
S
Hi Brigit. Congratulations on the new baby! You will love that child beyond belief. No matter what.

As for your D, I'm so sorry she's in that position. But unfortunately you can't do anything except be there for her. It's a horrible sitch but she won't leave until she's ready. I know b/c I've been there. One of my daughters had a boyfriend for several years who was abusive and very jealous. Thank God they never had a child. She's been back here for a year and a half and is doing so good now. I thank God for every day she's not with him. I felt so helpless but nothing I would say made a difference. I just pray that your D sees her H for what he is soon.

In the meantime, love that baby like there's no tomorrow! Nothing like a grandbaby! ;\)

Best wishes to you...

SE

I ain't Miz Representin'!!
Awww, Briget, I'm so excited and happy for you!!! You're gonna be the best granny ever!!!

Like everyone else has said you can only hope that your D figures things out and maybe she will for her child where she hasn't been able to do it for herself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard