Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1429820 04/29/08 11:34 AM
A
ALL6785 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Everyone

This is the winter that just won't give up. We got something over 20 inches of snow this weekend. It's hard to tell because it blew and drifted so hard. i had a drift over my driveway that was over 5 feet tall.

Now I hear we may be in for more snow this weekend.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
B
B
Yuck. You can have that.

W
W
ALL

I love winter, but am ready for spring. Be careful with all that white stuff.

A_O

Hey ALL,

Is it slush yet? So 5 feet drifts, huh? You said you had a snowblower right? So, how hot does it get in MN in the summer? It just seems like being that much more north and having such a long winter, your summer should be somewhat milder. I love going up to Wisconsin in the summer. The weather is always perfect.

I guess when you concentrate on the weather and not ex, that can only mean that side of life is more peaceful. Hey 1 out of 2 ain't bad, right?

Love,
Bethie

F
fig Offline
F
if I see one more flake of snow I am going to smack someone hard and frequently

B
B
Pick me, pick me!!!

A
ALL6785 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU TWO! GO GET A ROOM!

Bethie,

We had nice weather on Sunday and Monday, the roads have melted and are clear and dry but the ditches are full and there are still some big drifts around. The grass is starting to show in places where the snow didn’t get to deep, I’d say about half the ground is still covered with snow. It should be about gone by the time we get more this weekend. Yes I actually have a couple snow blowers, I have a walk behind that I keep up at my new place, it was a bit of a challenge to handle 5 foot drifts with a walk behind but still way better than a shovel. I have a 2555 JD tractor with a front end loader and a 3 point snow blower that I can mount on the back. It could easily handle big drifts but I keep that at my mom’s place 12 miles away so it didn’t do me much good this weekend.

Our summers usually aren’t too bad, we can hit 90’s but due to all the lakes in the area we have lots of humidity which can make things pretty sticky. Of course it’s nice if you can stay near the water, it’s always cooler on the beach. I’d say our summer is pretty similar to Wisconsin other than for some reason we have more bugs here than they have in Wisconsin. The mosquitoes can get pretty annoying at times.

I don’t know what’s up with EX, she called a couple times this weekend. On the first call she was talking about how she knows she had very irresponsible spending habits while we were married but that didn’t have anything to do with the divorce. I don’t know why she decided out of the blue to call me and tell me that, perhaps she’s feeling guilty. Then she calls last night and she had been talking to one of our old neighbors, who seemed to have some misconceptions about our divorce settlement. You know, who got what assets and how much debt and so forth. It’s all water under the bridge and I don’t have any idea why she is still talking about it years after the fact or why she would call to tell me about it.

EX also dropped several hints that she might have someone new in her life. She said something about spending the weekend away from home and a couple of times she used the words “we” and “us” and said something about having an extra car in the driveway, but when I asked her directly if she was seeing somebody new she told me it was none of my business. She’s right, it’s none of my business which is why I don’t understand why she would call and say anything at all. My guess is that she is just trying to push my buttons to see if she can make me jealous or something.

EX still isn’t getting along with S17, last week she called and invited him over for dinner. When he accepted her invite she asked him if he would spend the night at her place and he said no. So then she tells him “fine, don’t come at all and don’t ever call me again unless you change your mind about spending the night”.

So other than a few little hiccups things have basically been quiet. I’m looking forward to spring and getting out in the fields to do some farming. It’s starting to get late and the farmers will be pushing hard once they finally get into the fields.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
F
fig Offline
F
morning smooooooooooooooooooooches ALL

A
ALL6785 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Fig

F
fig Offline
F

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard